If you had to choose

Inspired by @snowmaiden

Hello, all! I hope everyone is having a nice day. Glorious [name_f]Monday[/name_f], at last! To all of you who aren’t having a good one, I hope you take five minutes to turn off your phone and sit outdoors or beside an open window. I’m about to go and do that, and I’m looking forward to it. I hope you all are having a happy day! I had something in mind for you.

So, onto my reason for posting!! These are the favourite names and the names of my parents that they would have used for naming me and my brother

So, my question to you is… using my parents’ name lists, what would you name 1 daughter and 1 son?

~feminine list (of my parents)~

[name_u]Zoe[/name_u], [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] “Ginny”, [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_u]Maria[/name_u], [name_f]Sara[/name_f] / [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], [name_f]Giulia[/name_f] / [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], Wei, Qian

~masculine list (of my parents)~

[name_m]Francesco[/name_m], [name_m]Tommaso[/name_m] “Tommy”, [name_m]Richard[/name_m] “Ricky”, [name_m]Aaron[/name_m], [name_m]Alessandro[/name_m] “Ale”, [name_m]Brian[/name_m], Wei, [name_m]Chen[/name_m]

~bonus (names that my brother likes)~

I asked my brother what names he sees on me and on him and these are the answers I got.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f], Costanza, [name_f]Chiara[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Lara[/name_f], [name_u]Lisa[/name_u], [name_f]Viola[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Sakura[/name_f], [name_f]Cristina[/name_f]

[name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m], [name_m]Giulio[/name_m], [name_u]Jack[/name_u], [name_m]Alberto[/name_m], [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m], [name_m]Omar[/name_m], [name_m]Angelo[/name_m], [name_m]Alessio[/name_m], [name_m]Roberto[/name_m], [name_m]Federico[/name_m]

What would I choose

No middles: Costanza & [name_m]Alberto[/name_m] (Great names)

One middle: Costanza [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] & [name_m]Alberto[/name_m] [name_m]Federico[/name_m] (So medieval)

For fun, they named us

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] Wei Qian & [name_m]Brian[/name_m] Wei [name_m]Chen[/name_m]

The two Chinese middles are for honouring grandparents and a family tradition.

Note: [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] is pronounced as the default spelling here (ZO-ay) and not ZO-ee. So is [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] (KLO-ay) not KLO-ee.

1 Like

[name_f]Sara[/name_f] [name_f]Julia[/name_f] & [name_m]Tommaso[/name_m] [name_m]Chen[/name_m] “Tommy”

1 Like

I’ll totally be taking my advice and sitting outside today. [name_u]Love[/name_u] that you kept that part in too!! Glorious [name_f]Monday[/name_f], here we come! :wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’d name my two [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_m]Aaron[/name_m]. [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] and [name_u]Richie[/name_u]! :white_heart:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] brother said that he loves the name and wouldn’t mind to have it!

1 Like

Oooh, that’s wonderful!

1 Like

[name_u]Maria[/name_u] [name_f]Cristina[/name_f] and [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] [name_m]Richard[/name_m]

1 Like

Your family has excellent taste!

I would pick [name_u]Maria[/name_u] [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] and [name_m]Alessandro[/name_m] [name_m]Chen[/name_m] from your parents’ lists, and [name_f]Cristina[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_m]Omar[/name_m] [name_m]Angelo[/name_m] from your brother’s list (with an honorary mention to Costanza)

1 Like

Maria Charlotte & Alessandro Chen

1 Like

[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] “Ginny” [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] & [name_m]Aaron[/name_m] [name_m]Francesco[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] and [name_m]Alessandro[/name_m] [name_m]Chen[/name_m]

1 Like

[name_m]Richard[/name_m] [name_u]Jack[/name_u]
[name_u]Zoe[/name_u] [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]