If you had to pick one

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone! I’d like some opinions on my list please.

Athena-love the Greek Mythology aspect, but dh has said no to it

Aurora-Love the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] Mythology aspect of it, the Disney aspect, the nature and astronomy aspects.

[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]- I really like [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] and it’s dh’s top name. [name_m]Just[/name_m] can’t agree on spelling.

Olivia-Love the nicknames [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Livvy[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] that it symbolizes [name_f]Athena[/name_f] with the [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Branch[/name_u]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] that it’s a color too. Almost named my daughter this.

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f]- Would call her [name_f]Tori[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] Mythology aspect of the name and that it means [name_u]Victory[/name_u]. We took this name and another name to the hospital for our daughter. Dh wasn’t fond of it.

1 Like

They’re all lovely!

For you, I think I would choose [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f], or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] because it seems that your husband doesn’t like the rest, and I think both parents should like their child’s name! For [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f], there are many spelling options – maybe you could agree on [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], [name_f]Madelynn[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], or [name_f]Madaline[/name_f]?

Thank you! I have other names I prefer more than [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] and I know so many Maddie’s.

I was actually surprised when dh said yes to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] for our daughters potential name. I just didn’t want a name so common. I’m pretty sure if we have another girl she will be [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. I feel like between [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] I’d have regrets not using one of those. I just wanted opinions on the names.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is my favorite of your list, it’s lovely :heart:

Thank you! I’ve always liked [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Livvy[/name_f], but since I had my daughter I’ve been in love with [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] couldn’t do it because it’s so popular.

All are lovely choices! I think [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is my favorite. I also love the mythology connection, and I just think it’s beyond gorgeous. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] would be my second pick. :orange_heart:

Athena- very bold and beautiful.

Aurora- LOVE It. It’s a gorgeous name.

Madelyn- I’m pretty indifferent on any variation of Madelyn. I know sooooo many Madelyns (all with different spellings) and Madisons. It’s okay I just don’t care for it.

Olivia- I’ve never been a fan of Olivia. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it I’ve just never cared for it personally. I do love just Liv as a name on its own though. That’s an unpopular opinion though lol.

Victoria- Victoria is a pretty and distinguished name. I love the nn Tori too.

Well, if you love it you should go for it! If it helps, I’ve only met one [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. It really depends on the area. :slightly_smiling_face:

[name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], and [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] (Tory) are my favorite. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] can be a bit of a tongue-twister and I don’t like the nn [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] for [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] (and I prefer [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], anyway).

I’d pick [name_f]Athena[/name_f] if I had to only choose one.

I like [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] or [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] but am not partial to [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] (or similar spellings) or [name_u]Madison[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] choice FN for [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] is [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], which I much prefer to Tilly(i) or [name_f]Tilda[/name_f]. I’d actually probably spell it [name_f]Mati[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Athena[/name_f] is a strong name that would be cute on a small child and grow with her to be a woman of leadership skills and strength beyond expectation.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite on your list is [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but I can’t use that for a child. Past me used it on my first pet, and I cannot have a child named after a dog :joy:

[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] is my favourite. Sweet, pretty and versatile

I think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] or [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] would be the best options for you. Perhaps [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] (or alternative) could be her middle name? You might like [name_f]Alethea[/name_f] as well, it shares a lot of common sounds with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Athena[/name_f] x

i like all of these names! my favourite is athena, but for you i love olivia, it seems to be your favourite!

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] are my favourites, nearly tied. Both are lovely.

Thank you :blush:! I love [name_f]Athena[/name_f], but dh doesn’t. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] I’ve been obsessed with while not pregnant. I’m just afraid I’ll butcher her name. [name_f]My[/name_f] absolutely favorite combo is [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. It’s gorgeous and looks like a princess name.

1 Like

Thank you! I love seeing what people have to say about my names. Gives me something to think about. Dh said yes to [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], and [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] is his favorite name. I just know so many Maddie’s.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] are my favorites, but for you I would pick [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]!

[name_f]Athena[/name_f] - I like the idea of it but think in the real world it might stand out a bit too much and doesn’t have the prettiest sound either imo

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - love all the aspects of it but doesn’t really roll off the tongue well, also don’t like the nickname [name_u]Rory[/name_u] I think it’s quite a contrast to the princessy feel of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] - Personally not into the y spellings of this name, much prefer [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] or [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Liv[/name_f] too but I think this name is too popular still, I am in love with [name_f]Olive[/name_f] though so if you like that symbol you might want to consider that!

[name_f]Victoria[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this, so elegant

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts-

Athena-I really want to like this. It’s strong yet feminine, bold, fairly interesting (although oddly way more popular than you’d think), & fairly simple. I just can’t get into it though, because it feels heavy to me? I think that’s the right word. Perfectly nice name. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not my cup of tea.

Aurora-I like this name a lot in theory. I just find it a bit hard to say. It’s romantic & strong & feminine though. And it has really pretty imagery w/the nature theme.

Madelyn-I like it okay. I prefer Mad-uh-line spelled [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] to Mad-uh-lyn. It just feels more classic & sweet. But if you prefer Mad-uh-lyn, then [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] seems like the right spelling.

Olivia-Olivia is a beautiful classic name. And the nns are cute. It’s so popular though. How about just [name_f]Olive[/name_f]?

Victoria-I think it’s nice enough. Not my personal favorite, & I feel like [name_f]Tori[/name_f] is maybe a little dated. I like the nn [name_f]Vivie[/name_f]!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is by far [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] if you’re not bothered by popularity. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

I would cut [name_f]Athena[/name_f] & [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] because your husband doesn’t like them.

I think [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] is your winner (and I think this spelling is the one guaranteed to get you the [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] ending, if that’s what you’re after) so I would try to work out the spelling you both can agree on and go with that.

[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] would be a great choice for Madelyn’s sister. And you get the [name_f]Athena[/name_f] connection without [name_f]Athena[/name_f] which your husband doesn’t like.

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is fine, bit if a mouthful though, but [name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] sounds lovely as a first and middle