If you had to use names that you got from songs

If you had to name 4-6 ish children using only names from songs that you like, what would their names be?
You don’t have to have originally gotten the name from the song, but the name has to appear in a song that you enjoy. We’re leaning towards songs that you love over names that you love, so if you only kinda like the song, or you happen to love a particular name and you found a song that you don’t feel any particular way about that happens to mentions it, that wouldn’t count. Words that you got from songs don’t count, it has to be used as a name within the song.

I think mine would be
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] -from “Oliver James” by [name_m]Fleet[/name_m] Foxes
[name_m]Jesse[/name_m] -from “Tiger [name_m]Mountain[/name_m] Peasant Song” by [name_m]Fleet[/name_m] Foxes
[name_f]Josie[/name_f] -from “Your Love” by The Outfield
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] -from “Layla” by [name_m]Eric[/name_m] Clapton

4 Likes

vienna → vienna, billy joel
ophelia → ophelia, lumineers
evangeline → evangeline, stephen sanchez
lucy → the ballad of lucy gray, the hunger games
(that’s a bit of cheating there but it’s okay!)

vienna, ophelia, evangeline, & lucy

3 Likes

I think I’d go with…
[name_m]Rylan[/name_m] – [name_m]Rylan[/name_m] by The National
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] – both [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] by [name_m]Simon[/name_m] and Garfunkel and [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] and the Satellite by [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] McMahon in the Wilderness
[name_f]Avery[/name_f] – Dear [name_f]Avery[/name_f] by the Decemberists
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] – Song for [name_f]Myla[/name_f] Goldberg by the Decemberists

[name_m]Rylan[/name_m], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], [name_f]Avery[/name_f], and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]

1 Like

Rhiannon-Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac
Valerie-Valerie by Amy Winehouse
Delilah-Delilah by Florence and the Machine
Carmen-Carmen by Lana Del Rey

3 Likes

[name_f]Cecily[/name_f] - [name_f]Cecily[/name_f] [name_m]Smith[/name_m] by [name_m]Will[/name_m] [name_m]Connolly[/name_m]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - Check Yes, [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] by We The Kings
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] - Hey There [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] by PWTs
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]- Sweet [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] by American Murder Song

2 Likes

I’d go with:

[name_m]Charlie[/name_m] - [name_m]Charlie[/name_m] [name_m]Brown[/name_m] by Coldplay
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] - [name_f]Hope[/name_f] by [name_m]Tom[/name_m] Rosenthal
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] - [name_f]Iris[/name_f] by the Goo Goo Dolls
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] by [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Styles[/name_m]

3 Likes

Oh, fun! For a challenge, I’ll use just names I got from songs (as opposed to names I like that also happen to be in songs a la “Josephine” by [name_f]Brandi[/name_f] [name_m]Carlisle[/name_m] :heart_eyes:).

[name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] :open_umbrella::rainbow:
[name_f]Marjorie[/name_f] :notes::dizzy:
[name_f]Honey[/name_f] :blossom::gem:
[name_m]Zion[/name_m] :dove::sun_behind_small_cloud:
Wildwood :evergreen_tree::church:

4 Likes

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] by [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Styles[/name_m] (g)
[name_m]Jude[/name_m] - Hey [name_m]Jude[/name_m] by The Beatles (b)
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] - Hey there [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] by Plain White T’s (g)
[name_f]Carmen[/name_f] - [name_f]Carmen[/name_f] by [name_f]Lana[/name_f] [name_m]Del[/name_m] [name_f]Rey[/name_f] (g)
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] - [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] [name_m]Sanchez[/name_m] (g)
[name_m]Romeo[/name_m] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] story by [name_f]Taylor[/name_f] [name_m]Swift[/name_m] (b)
[name_f]Billie[/name_f] - [name_f]Billie[/name_f] [name_f]Jean[/name_f] by [name_m]Michael[/name_m] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m] (b)
[name_f]Heather[/name_f] - [name_f]Heather[/name_f] by [name_m]Conan[/name_m] [name_m]Gray[/name_m] (g)

3 Likes

Thinking of songs I love with names in them, I’ll go with:

[name_f]Trudy[/name_f] (from “Disco Biscuit Love” by The Jezabels)
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] (from “Delilah” by [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and the Machine)
[name_m]Cody[/name_m] (from “Cody” by The Killers)
[name_f]Frida[/name_f] (from “No Country” by The Jezabels)

3 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is named after [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] by Ultravox, but if I had to pick different ones…

[name_m]Gefen[/name_m] - Invei Hagefen by [name_m]Yerachmiel[/name_m] Begun & The [name_f]Miami[/name_f] Boys Choir
[name_f]Martha[/name_f] - [name_f]Martha[/name_f] by [name_m]Tom[/name_m] Waits
Melech - Melech by [name_m]Yerachmiel[/name_m] Begun & The [name_f]Miami[/name_f] Boys Choir
[name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] - [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] by Lamb

4 Likes

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - “Matilda” by [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Styles[/name_m]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] - “You’re On Your Own, Kid” by [name_f]Taylor[/name_f] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]
[name_f]Vienna[/name_f] - “Vienna” by [name_m]Billy[/name_m] [name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] - “Hey There Delilah” by Plain White T’s
[name_m]August[/name_m] - “august” by [name_f]Taylor[/name_f] [name_m]Swift[/name_m]
[name_f]Bloom[/name_f] - “Bloom” by The Paper Kites
[name_f]Skye[/name_f] - “The [name_f]Skye[/name_f] Boat Song” (traditional)

5 Likes

Oh, fun!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite (or second favorite, depending on the day) girl name has been [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] since I heard it in a Death [name_m]Cab[/name_m] for Cutie song circa 2001. That one is easy!

[name_f]My[/name_f] crew would be…

Guinevere-‘We Laugh Indoors’ by Death [name_m]Cab[/name_m] for Cutie

Clementine-‘Clementine’ by [name_m]Elliott[/name_m] [name_m]Smith[/name_m]

Desmond-‘Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da’ by the Beatles

Jude-‘Hey Jude’ by The Beatles

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_m]Desmond[/name_m] & [name_m]Jude[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is fun, but pretty tough!! I decided just to go with songs I like rather than names I love to keep it interesting!!

I’d probably go with…

[name_f]Sedona[/name_f] - “Sedona” by Houndmouth
[name_f]Vienna[/name_f] - “Vienna” by [name_m]Billy[/name_m] [name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_m]August[/name_m] - “August” by flipturn
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] - “Elise” by The Greeting Committee
[name_f]Emmylou[/name_f] - “Emmylou” by First Aid [name_m]Kit[/name_m]

[name_f]Sedona[/name_f], [name_f]Vienna[/name_f], [name_m]August[/name_m], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], and [name_f]Emmylou[/name_f]

I kind of like how they go together, they’re a sweet eclectic set!!

5 Likes

[name_m]Jude[/name_m] - “Hey Jude”
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] - “Adeline” by alt-j
[name_f]Carmen[/name_f] - “Carmen” by [name_f]Lana[/name_f] del [name_f]Rey[/name_f]
Cath - “Cath” by Death [name_m]Cab[/name_m] for Cutie

1 Like

easy peas-y!

eveline :ear_of_rice:
from “eveline” by gabe lee
magnolia :cherry_blossom:
from “magnolia wind” by guy clark
august :evergreen_tree:
from “august” by taylor swift
june :blueberries:
from “to june this morning” by johnny cash and “blue ridge june” by sam burchfield

i know i know, august and june are both months… but they do make adorable siblings :sun_with_face:

4 Likes

yes yes yes :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

[name_f]Iris[/name_f]- “Iris” the goo goo dolls
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - “Ophelia” the lumineers
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]- “Layla” [name_m]Eric[/name_m] Clapton
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]- “Matilda” [name_m]Harry[/name_m] styles
[name_m]Jude[/name_m]- “hey Jude” the Beatles
[name_m]August[/name_m]- “August” [name_f]Taylor[/name_f] swift

[name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], [name_f]Layla[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_m]August[/name_m] and [name_m]Jude[/name_m]

3 Likes

from twenty one pilots songs:
[name_m]Johnny[/name_m] - “Johnny Boy”
[name_f]Ruby[/name_f] - “Ruby”
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] nn [name_m]Nico[/name_m] - “Morph” + [name_m]Nico[/name_m] - “Nico and the Niners”
[name_m]Clancy[/name_m] - “Overcompensate”

[name_m]Johnny[/name_m], [name_f]Ruby[/name_f], [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] “Nico,” & [name_m]Clancy[/name_m]

4 Likes
Summary

I’ve never heard of this song before but I just gave it a listen and oh my gosh it’s amazing :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

somehow, I think I made a cohesive sibset!

Juliet - 40 Dogs (Like Romeo and Juliet) by Bob Schneider
Ethan - Ethan’s Song by Ricky Montgomery
Delilah - Sick In Her Skin by The Get Up Kids
Eleanor - Without A Sound (Eleanor) by The New Amsterdams

also:

yes yes yes absolutely! love this song so much

2 Likes