If you only could have one child.

Would it be a Boy or Girl? The name? First and Middle.

Girl. And I’d go crazy with her name…

[name]Marigold[/name] [name]Winsome[/name] [name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] [name]Elspeth[/name] Loveday
nn [name]Goldie[/name], Momo, [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Mary[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Love[/name], [name]Bonnie[/name], anything really!

Lol! This post made me smile! :slight_smile:

A girl, and I’d keep it simple: [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] :slight_smile:

A girl named [name]Rosalie[/name] :slight_smile:

boy, [name]Jack[/name] [name]Charlie[/name]!

[name]Jack[/name] because of my grandpa [name]John[/name]. and it is a family name.
[name]Charlie[/name] after my friend who passed away.

• my grandpa’s initials were JCF and so are mine, so i want to continue it.

A boy, [name]Henry[/name] [name]Alan[/name]. I want a [name]Henry[/name] SO BAD, and I want to honor my late uncle. [name]Henry[/name] is the only name I’m 100% about that I’ve come across! I see it as perfection. I’d love a little girl, but I would never be able to find THE NAME, so [name]Henry[/name]! =)

I have a boy and a girl, so I could not choose between either!
But if I had only one child and it was a boy, his name would be
[name]Jack[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]. ([name]Jack[/name] would be after my Dad’s initials, and after my husband’s uncle.)
If I had a girl, it would be [name]Anna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. [name]Anna[/name] would be after my grandmother, whose name was [name]Anastasia[/name]. My mother’s mn is [name]Ann[/name], and my [name]MIL[/name]'s fn is [name]Ann[/name].

I suppose if I knew that I would only ever, ever have ONE, I would have to go with [name]Mae[/name] [name]Christienne[/name]/[name]Christiane[/name] for a girl (in honor of my grandmother and late mother) and maybe [name]Alfred[/name] [name]Edward[/name] for a boy ([name]Alfred[/name] being my favorite name on the PLANET and [name]Edward[/name] being another fave, plus the name of my dearest uncle/buddy).

It really is a different naming story if you don’t plan on having a bunch of kids. :slight_smile:

My fiance and I are just starting to talk about the kids issue, and it seems likely that we may end up having only one–I’d like two, because I think having a sibling is a great experience for a kid to have, but my fiance’s older and one may be more realistic for us.

If I could pick the name of the one kid, with no input from anyone else–I’d pick [name]Mariel[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] if she ended up being a girl ([name]Ruth[/name] after my grandmother), or [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Amadeus[/name] for a boy.

Gosh, only one name seems hard. Apparently, this is morbid, but I told my husband if something happened to him while I was pregnant, it would change what I would name our child. I would have a boy and name him [name]Charles[/name] [name]Simeon[/name]. [name]Charles[/name] is my husband’s middle name but he doesn’t like it for a first name, and [name]Simeon[/name] is one of his favorite names.

And I’m sorry; I have to do both. If it were a girl, I would name her [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Linnea[/name]. [name]Charlotte[/name] is his favorite girls’ name and [name]Linnea[/name] is a family name I love.

Plus, either way I would have a little [name]Charlie[/name]. :slight_smile:

The poor child would have waaaaaaayyyyyyy too many middle names…

Boy:
[name]Ambrose[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Ronald[/name] [name]Holden[/name] [name]Walter[/name]

Girl:
[name]Leonora[/name] [name]May[/name] [name]Florence[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Sara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

I’d love to use all of those though!

Good thread:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

I would definitely use a lot of middle names :slight_smile:

Boy- [name]Franklin[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Huxley[/name] [name]Julian[/name]

Girl- [name]Coralie[/name] [name]Flora[/name] [name]Seren[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Suki[/name]

I just can’t decide whether I’d rather have a boy or a girl though!

Definitely girl!

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Zera[/name] [name]Wynne[/name]… It’s long but since I can only have one, might as well! She would only go by [name]Isla[/name], though!

It’s interesting how many people have picked girls. The majority by the looks of it.

For names it’d be more fun to have a girl but if I only ever had one child… I just imagine it to be a boy.
Probably [name]Leo[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Francis[/name] or [name]Leo[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]William[/name]

If I could only have one child, I would adopt more! Haha :slight_smile:

I would probably buy a lot of pets to use up most of the names which I liked (or save them, to pressure my one child into using for their own children some day!).

From a naming point of view, I would choose a boy, as I find it easier to pick names for boys.

Not including the names I have used for my sons already, I would name him :
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Conall[/name] - [name]William[/name] after my father.

Including the middles I have already used :
[name]Arthur[/name] [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name].

I would like to have a girl :
Lille [name]Charlize[/name]
But if it were a boy :
[name]Harry[/name] [name]Lionel[/name]

Ditto! :smiley:

Ugh, I worry about this all the time! Well I have one, [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Rowe[/name]… if I’d planned on only having one child I think I’d have named him [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]John[/name], [name]William[/name] is my dad and [name]John[/name] is his dad’s middle name. I don’t think I even thought of this while I was pregnant, or I probably would have used it.

But a girl? That’s tough. I’d want to use [name]Elizabeth[/name] since it’s probably my favorite name, plus it’s his grandmother, and also [name]Ann[/name] because that would cover my mom and my grandma… And [name]Lucy[/name] or [name]Lux[/name] for his mom… but I’d also want to use [name]Rose[/name] for my grandma… Maybe [name]Elizabeth[/name] Annarose [name]Lucy[/name]? or [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Ann[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Lux[/name]… yeah, maybe that, since [name]Belle[/name] would honor my dad, and kind of his dad, too. [name]Ah[/name]! But I might always regret not getting Lulette in there somewhere. Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] Lucianna. Hmm, I hadn’t thought of Lucianna before, that could really work.

Either
Lulette [name]Elizabeth[/name] Lucianna nn [name]Lulu[/name]
or
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Lux[/name] nn [name]Betsey[/name]

My hubby’s been saying lately that he doesn’t want to have any more kids. Gasp! I think he’ll change his mind, though, and we’ll end up with 4… I hope.

I couldn’t possibly decide whether to have just a boy or just a girl. Boys and girls are both wonderful!