If you were going to choose a unisex name for a girl...

If you were going to use a more unisex name for a little girl, what name would you choose (middle names are just options that I thought sounded good) what other names would you use (first and middle)

[name]Monroe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] K. (nn would be [name]Emme[/name]-based on first initials from first and middle names)
or
[name]Kendall[/name] [name]Tula[/name] K. (could do the same for a nn here KT-[name]Katie[/name]…)

[name]TIA[/name]!!! =)

I prefer [name]Kendall[/name]. It has a slightly more feminine sound to me. [name]Monroe[/name] just seems masculine.

If you like ‘[name]Emme[/name]’ and ‘[name]Katie[/name]’, what is it about the unisex ‘real’ names that attracts you? [name]Just[/name] curious.

[name]Monroe[/name] definitely. That name is ultra cool and unique. [name]Love[/name] it.

I love [name]Kendall[/name]. [name]Monroe[/name] is cool but sounds like a boy’s name to me.

Following up on sunshinesarah’s question, I’m also curious why you would go so far out on a limb with [name]Monroe[/name] (especially) or [name]Kendall[/name], and then sort of step away from that daring move by choosing oh-so-normal nicknames such as [name]Emme[/name] and [name]Katie[/name]. Why not either go all the way and embrace your choice, or stay on the safer side with a more conventional name such as [name]Emilia[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name]? Curious to hear your thinking.

[name]Kendall[/name] is much sweeter for a girl.

I think [name]Kendall[/name] and (especially) [name]Monroe[/name] are very masculine sounding…Here are some unisex names I love for a girl:

[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]

My name is [name]Blair[/name] (my mother’s maiden name) and even though it has been said to have largely gone to the girls the only other [name]Blair[/name] I have met in my life was a guy. I also like how even with surnames becoming ultra trendy, it’s still under the radar. I think I’ve only seen it mentioned once on this board. Maybe gossip girl will change that though.

The reason I mentioned the nickname of [name]Emme[/name] (pronounced ME) and [name]Katie[/name] (pronounced KT) I just thought it was interesting how the initials for the first and middle names made the nickname ([name]Monroe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]-ME; [name]Kendall[/name] [name]Tula[/name]-KT). I just thought if I was going to use a nickname that would be an interesting nickname…using the first initials of the first and middle names to make a nickname-even though the nicknames end up being more ‘girly’ and not so unisex or masculine. The only [name]Monroe[/name] and [name]Kendall[/name] that I know are girls, so therefore they seem more girly to me. Thank you all for your input on these names, I appreciate it!

I’d choose:

[name]Linden[/name] [name]Mae[/name]

for a unisex girl’s name.