Ike

What are your opinions on this name?

I think of it as a nickname for [name]Isaac[/name], but not as a name in and of itself.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I also like it as a nickname for [name]Isaac[/name].

i think its great, i love the name [name]Isaac[/name] ( top on our list of boys names!) and [name]Ike[/name] is a good nickname for [name]Isaac[/name]. I think you could use it as a name out right rather than just be a shortening for [name]Isaac[/name] but i think it would depend on the surname.

I actually think [name]Ike[/name] works as a nickname for any name that starts with an I. But in a time where [name]Gus[/name], [name]Sam[/name], etc. are standing in as first names, I think you could use [name]Ike[/name] alone.

I agree. I also thought of “I like [name]Ike[/name]” which was [name]Dwight[/name] D. Eisenhower’s campaign phrase… Not a terrible connection, but might get annoying when he learns about it in class.

I always loved [name]Ike[/name]!
I think [name]Isaac[/name] is too popular though, so I found [name]Icarus[/name] which would make a good alternative route to [name]Ike[/name] ^^

[name]Isaac[/name] is probably the best choice though… [name]Ike[/name] is too little to be a name in itself I think… [name]Ian[/name] is okay, because although it’s short it has two syllables, same with [name]Claude[/name] which only has one syllable, but a whole lot more letters to make up for it. [name]Ike[/name] is just [name]Ike[/name], a bit too short to be a full name on it’s own…
Stick with [name]Isaac[/name] in my opinion, it means laughter which I think makes it adorable! ^^

To me, [name]Ike[/name] feels very like a nn … I do, however, adore the suggestion of [name]Isaac[/name] nn [name]Ike[/name]!

I can’t stand the name [name]Isaac[/name]! But I adore [name]Ike[/name]. I love it!