I'll Comment On Your Names: Multicultural

Thank you for your comments! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is Mexican, so we need names that can be pronounced in Spanish.

Yamileth I heard years ago on a little girl in preschool whose parents were Mexican. In Spanish, it would be pronounced Jah-mee-let. In [name_f]English[/name_f], we said Yah-mil-eth.

I also heard [name_f]Magali[/name_f] on a little girl in preschool. It was pronounced Mah-gah-lee. She’s about 10 or 11 now, and I’ve heard her mom call her [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] before.

Zenon is pronounced say-NOHN in Spanish, but here in the US I can’t use accent marks. It should be spelled Zenón. It was the name of my husband’s grandfather.

I’m glad you like Nasario! It’s my father in law’s first name (but he’s going through some issues right now because it’s spelled with a “z” on some of his documents, and an “s” on his childrens’ birth certificates) and my husband’s middle name. If I were to use it, I’d most likely use the same spelling as my husband’s middle name.

1 Like

Yamileth- with the Yah-mil-eth pronunciation, I can take it or leave it. But pronounced Jah-mee-let… that’s adorable! I love that!!
[name_f]Magali[/name_f]- I like it fine this way, but I must say it had more charm the other way, for me.
Zenón- say-NOHN is incredibly cool. [name_m]Even[/name_m] cooler than the way I had been pronouncing [name_m]Zenon[/name_m]. I am really loving it! Zenón is great and it’s going on my list!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Ryota, in Japanese makes the sound Ri-yo-ta. Yes your prononciation that you found of [name_u]Akari[/name_u] is the correct one, thanks for your input it means a lot!

1 Like

Calypso- longtime lover of [name_u]Calypso[/name_u]! I’m a huge fan of names ending in -o for girls, and you can have the nn [name_u]Cal[/name_u], so this is just a big YES for me.
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]- I go back and forth on pronunciation— TAH-lee-ah or THAH-lee-ah. I know the latter is technically “correct” but I always want to say the first one, and that’s how I’ve mostly heard it pronounced? Either way, I adore [name_f]Thalia[/name_f]. It’s so sleek and charming! I’ve actually had both of these names on my lists.

1 Like