I'll rename you!

I’ve seen a couple of these floating about, and I thought it would be fun to give it a go! Just write a little bit about yourself (like hobbies, favourite colours, favourite music, general description) and if you’d like the name to be feminine, masculine or gender neutral.

Also write how many names you’d like me to come up with (up to 3)

Thank you :blush:

3 Likes

I would like a gender neutral one or a femenine one (however not too femenine)

Interest ~ I love history, and I like reading, writing, literature, poetry, art of Monet, impressionism exc, greek mythology :sparkles:, drama / opera / shakespeare, oscar wilde / brontë / gothic literature and victorian things. music, singing, aesthetics
Personality ~ I would describe myself as rather odd sometimes but mostly kind and nice to everyone, and seeking happiness. I tend to have an inner world and to be a bit closed sometimes but i love making new friends. I am a bit impulsive sometimes. But in general i take care of people . sort of dramatic sometimes in sense of that I like to make things grand, poetic? Just like my hobbies
Extras ~ I live in Italy. Use they / them pronouns preferably but anything is fine. I am queer.And I also describe myself as a sort of dark academia mixed to occasional Ghibli cottagecore (I love ghibli) and a spark of vintage. I am an older sibling. I know many languages and like to learn them. Huge name nerd, too. Have short black hair and black eyes. Am not too tall. Like the ocean and the sea. Like poetic and romantic things. Am sort of Anne Shirley mixed to Jo March, maybe?
My favourite historical eras:
~ First half of 20 century (super interested in European 1900 history)
~ Belle Époque / 19 century
~ French revolution / Versailles
~ Victorian Britain
~ Golden era of pirates (super interested in pirates)
Favourite colour~ Dark red
Favourite music ~ Lana del Rey, classical (dramatic) music, rock music (Maneskin my love), My Chemical Romance, but also vintage music from the 60-80s

I would like 3 combos please.

just copy & pasting my descriptions at this point :joy:

interests: history, music (60s-80s, and any era of rock, also folk), nature/plants
hobbies: being a plant dad, binge-watching my favorite medias (repeatedly), reading poetry and fan fiction, going to state parks, antique & record shopping, loving my dog <3
extras: my favorite color is green, my favorite historical figure is vincent van gogh! i’m a big nerd. i enjoy ironic t-shirts and fun socks.

i’d love two masc or neutral names if you don’t mind! and thank you in advance! <3

1 Like

I’d like a female name, first + one middle would be great!

About me

I’m an introvert who loves reading and drinking coffee :upside_down_face: I have a dark sense of humor. I love the Russian classics but also crime novels, and if I read non-fiction it’s usually about history, religion or sociology. [name_f]Music[/name_f] is a huge part of my life. I play the violin, and there’s always music playing in our house. I love classical music, especially [name_m]Bach[/name_m], but also 80’s music, like Ultravox and Visage, and bands like Radiohead and Sigur Rós. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite colours are emerald green and teal.
[name_f]My[/name_f] heritage: 50% Icelandic, 25% Polish and 25% Swedish. I’m Catholic.

1 Like

hi! i’d like a fem. name please. just one fn/mn combo is fine.

a little about me:

psychical description- i’m short (5’1) and have dark honey blonde hair and green eyes. i usually wear overalls and baby tees or t shirts and shorts. i wear vans or doc martens.

favorite music- my favorite artist is taylor swift. i also like alec benjamin, conan gray, halsey, harry styles, and maisie peters.

my hobbies- i do tech in theatre. i love to read (i’ve read nearly 15 books this year!), and i really, really love names (as you can tell :slight_smile:)

my ancestry in brief: irish, polish, russian

1 Like

I’d like to know what you’d rename me if I had a gender neutral FN and MN, please! These threads are so cool for seeing what others might name me if I had a different gender. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

About me…

I’m tall, and I have long hair and large eyes. I’ve got lots of freckles and a very loud voice. I love reading British and American classic literature. I sing and hum constantly, often repeating the same favorite songs over and over again—having favorite songs has always been a pleasant comfort to me. I love country music, Big Band music, instrumental scores, and hymns.
[name_m]Favorite[/name_m] color: pink.
Heritage: Irish, [name_m]German[/name_m], Mexican, and [name_f]English[/name_f].

I’d love a feminine name! If two or three options come to you that’s great, but one is absolutely fine with me!

I’m currently in school to become a nurse, and I hope to do either labor and delivery or something to do with babies/kiddos. [name_f]My[/name_f] greatest desire (besides honoring my [name_m]Savior[/name_m], Jesus) is to be a wife and mama! Some of my current hobbies are drawing, exercising, and reading when I have time! I am pretty introverted and find that I feel most comfortable out in nature.

1 Like

I’d like a feminine name, thanks!

Summary

There’s not much to say about me lol but I like music "(fav singer: [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] Swift)* and [name_u]Marvel[/name_u] (fav characters: [name_u]Loki[/name_u], [name_f]Wanda[/name_f], [name_m]Stephen[/name_m] Strange). I have Scottish, Irish and [name_f]Indian[/name_f] ancestry. I am an avid reader.

1 Like

Thank you for doing this! I don’t mind gender neutral or fem :slight_smile:

Thank you for doing this - sounds fun!

about me

I’m a kind of quiet and awkward person who enjoys reading, writing and long walks! I love the show BBC Ghosts, the novel [name_f]Villette[/name_f] by [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f], names (of course), and my guinea pigs! Appearance wise -kinda like my icon -short blond hair, glasses, generally wearing eyeliner, [name_m]Doc[/name_m] [name_m]Martens[/name_m], a shirt or a turtle neck with jeans. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite colours are blue (pretty much all shades) and light pink. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite music is generally by [name_u]Florence[/name_u] and The Machine or The Killers

1 Like

I like solving crosswords, writing and translating poetry, studying names, and reading fiction and nonfiction alike. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite colours are black, mustard yellow, and forest green. I most like listening to rock, folk, folk rock, and indie pop. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite musical artists are [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] [name_u]Cohen[/name_u] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] & Garfunkel. I’m Polish, 18, and I’m studying [name_f]English[/name_f] literature in the UK. I’d like a feminine name, 3.

thank you for doing this!! I’d love a fem or neutral name (or a mix - whichever you think works best), please!
however many you’d like, whatever comes to mind is perfect!

:)

i’m a 5’2 ball of anxiety. I have long dark brown hair, hazel eyes, chubby cheeks + freckles, and very long (natural) nails that are always painted black. I have been called a vampire by people my whole life, if that helps with imagery :sweat_smile: I’m super into music (especially music in the rock genres - favorite bands are twenty one pilots & my chemical romance), and horror/halloween/spooky things also play an important role in my life (i was named after a horror movie character!), and I think those reflect in my style! i also love watching shows/movies, reading, cats (i have a bunch of them, and black cats have a special place in my heart), concerts, anything fantasy related (especially lotr & game of thrones), flowers + the ocean, poetry, the stars, and autumn/winter.
kindness is the most important thing to me in the world, and i try to spread it wherever i go. i love helping people, and i hope to always continue doing so.
few extra details: hufflepuff (though i dont like harry potter!), infp, daydreamer, queer feminist :smiling_face:
hope i didn’t give too much, sorry! I never know what to include :sweat_smile:

I can never say no to these :woozy_face:

I’d like a unisex name please! Preferably leaning one way or another but it doesn’t matter which way

about me

Interest ~ I love history and plan on being a Anthropology major, specializing in archeology. Art, mythology of all types, movies, music (especially rock and rock sub genres, my favs are MCR, Des Rocs and Grandson, I also like classical music and musicals), true crime (plus criminology in general)

Hobbies ~ I love art and drawing, especially drawing people. I love doing makeup on myself, I especially like using eyeliner. I’m also a huge movie buff, I’ll watch pretty much anything whether I like it or not is a different story

Extras ~ I’m Puerto Rican. I love spicy food. I’m the oldest of 3 girls. I have a cat that for some reason I still love even though she’s evil. I hate cold weather

Appearance~ I’m 5’3. I have olive-y toned tanned skin with freckles. I have curly nearly black hair and dark eyes. Most of my wardrobe is black or dark colors, I like to go for a chaotic academia type aesthetic. I also wear a few rings on my hand

• interests: history
  • hobbies: writing in my diary, doing ballet, reading historical fiction, playing the piano
  • extras: fav color is sky blue, watching bts try not to laugh,
    i’d like one fem name pls

I’d love a feminine name please! one or two middles, whatever you feel like would be wonderful!! Thank you so much for doing this! :cherry_blossom:

about me

I love British history (mostly from the victorian era onwards although I also enjoy the [name_m]Tudor[/name_m] period too!), reading and writing novels, the composer Chopin and the artist Degas. I adore ballet and I tend to spend more time inside my own imaginings than the real world. I kinda march to the beat of my own drum and it has been said that my personality is potentially what you’d get if you crossed a fairy with a pixie :woman_shrugging:t3::cherry_blossom:

i’d love three fem combos if that’s possible :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

about me!

hobbies: in my free time i hang out with friends, listen to music, play guitar (mostly electric), watch series or write! i don’t write stories or anything, it’s just more of a therapeutic thing for me. im also very into spiritual stuff like astrology (im a libra, with moon in aquarius & asc in capri if that helps!), tarot, alternative medicines & past lives

favorite colors: orange, blue, green & purple :orange_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::purple_heart:

favorite music: my fav bands are led zeppelin, beatles, the strokes, red hot chili peppers, green day, deep purple, greta van fleet, the doors, etc. im a huge 70s rock fan!

general stuff: im from latin america, bisexual, have an older brother. im currently studying communication & also working. im white, very short, with short wavy light brown hair & bangs (and the half down of my hair rn is platinum blonde) and light brown eyes. people have been telling me i look like robin from stranger things (which is a great compliment), if that helps!
i describe myself as an ambivert (in the personality test i got both INFJ-T and ENFJ-T multiple times). i hate superficial friendships, so i mostly stick with my best friends and people that i trust and know, but im very open when meeting new people if i get a good vibe from them!
people regularly come at me for advice, and i think i give very good ones. i’ve been working on my introspection, which helped me a lot and also helps me help people:)
with my friends we go at least once a week to see a band! that’s the kind of plan that we love hehe. i really don’t like going to parties, but prefer an atmosphere where i can talk to people

I’d love one fem & one neutral combo please!

about me

I love being outdoors, going on bushwalks & gardening. I’m a rock climber, i love reading, my favourite genre is magic realism. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite colours is green. I love trees, plants and im interested in mushrooms/fungi, & i love science particularly enviro science & chemistry, I also enjoy certain areas of biology. I’m an introvert.

I would like a unisex or a slightly feminine one.

Interests: I am an athlete and am currently playing competitive basketball. I love to run, ski, hunt and pretty much anything sports wise. I also an environmentalist, and enjoy white water canoeing, hiking and rock climbing.

Personality: I am loud and outgoing, but also need my space. I am a perfectionist, and don’t like doing anything without thinking about it first. I’m a bit nerdy as well.

**Physical description:**I am average height, with a chuberic face. [name_f]My[/name_f] hair is brown medium length and I have a shaved side. I am big. I look intimidating with my muscles but I am not.

@heartwings for option 1, I’ve chosen Merula [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]. I chose Merula because it is a [name_m]Roman[/name_m] family name and so has a link to [name_f]Italy[/name_f], and also because of it’s meaning of ‘blackbird.’ Blackbirds are sometimes seen as symbils of mystery qnd magic, which I thought fitted with your dark academia aesthetic. I chose [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] as a link with [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m], and to reflect your love of literature.

For option 2, I’ve chosen [name_f]Cloudy[/name_f] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. I chose [name_f]Cloudy[/name_f] because of what you were saying about your vibrant inner world, which made me think of the saying “head in the clouds.” I chose [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] as a link with your interest in greek mythology - and I thought the whole thing sounded quite nice together.

For option 3, I’ve chosen [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] [name_f]Ravenna[/name_f]. I chose [name_u]Augustine[/name_u] because it seemed to have a grand and poetic sound, which I think would suit you and I chose [name_f]Ravenna[/name_f] as the middle, as it is from a poem by [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Wilde[/name_u] and also because of it’s meaning of raven.

I had so much fun putting these together - I hope you like them.

@the_common_fool For option 1, I’ve chosen Sorrel Lennox. I chose Sorrel because it is a herb name and so I thought it would be a nice little link to your plants. For Lennox, I thought the meaning of “elm grove” would be nice, and I suppose it has a bit of a link with plants again. Your favourite colour being green and your enjoyment of going to state parks definitely made me think of nature for this one!

For option 2, I’ve picked Alden Bellamy. I thought that it was nice that both names had meanings of “friend,” which i thought could be linked to you being a wonderful friend to your dog. The whole name gave me a bit of a 60s to 70s vibe, which fitted the era of music you like.

Hoping you like these :smiling_face:

1 Like

@Rosebeth For you I’ve chosen [name_f]Elisabet[/name_f] [name_f]Allegra[/name_f]. I chose [name_f]Elisabet[/name_f] as it is the Scandinavian version of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] to reflect part of your heritage, and i also thought it had a bit more edge to it which seems to suit your personality. I chose [name_f]Allegra[/name_f] as a middle because of the links with music, and because I think it balances [name_f]Elisabet[/name_f] out quite well.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you like it!