I'll translate your names into Icelandic

@firefly305

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f] [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] → [name_f]Heida[/name_f] Súsan or Hædý Súsanna (Hædý is basically a kre8tiv spelling of [name_f]Heidi[/name_f] :grin:)
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Eve[/name_f] → Júlíetta [name_f]Eva[/name_f] or Júlíetta Líf (meaning “life”)
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] → Rós Díanna or Rósa [name_f]Díana[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] could you please do:
[name_m]Brandon[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u]

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband LOVES Icelandic culture! (His favorite band is Arstidir)

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! This is really cool :)) I would love to see [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], or [name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] if you’ve got the time.

Thank you !! I love reading through these.

@mermuse

[name_m]Brandon[/name_m] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u] → Brandur Stirnir (based on sound, Brandur means “fire” and Stirnir means “to sparkle”)
[name_f]Stephanie[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] → Stefanía Lín or Stefánný Lína
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] → Edílon Artúr

Árstíðir are pretty good, I’d like to see them live. Has your husband visited [name_f]Iceland[/name_f] yet?

@sofiegee

[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] → Lýra Vinjar (Vinjar means “meadow”)
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] → Ágústa Júní or Gústa Júnía
[name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Oswald[/name_m] → Lúkas Ásvaldur

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! He was so surprised when I told him you did this! :slight_smile: We haven’t been to [name_f]Iceland[/name_f] yet, but hoping to plan a trip soon. He actually got to see Árstíðir live when they did a tour in [name_u]America[/name_u]. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any similar band recommendations you like better?

1 Like

You should definitely go if you are able to. I haven’t been back as much as I wanted to over the last few years because of covid, but I’m planning to go with my family this summer. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband has never been in [name_f]Iceland[/name_f], and I’m ridiculously excited to show him the country I still consider home. It will also be a great opportunity for him to practice his Icelandic with someone else than me or our children :sweat_smile:
Some of my favorite Icelandic artists are Sigur Rós (of course), [name_f]Sóley[/name_f], Amiina, [name_m]Bjarki[/name_m] and Biggi Hilmars. I also love [name_m]Jóhann[/name_m] Jóhannsson, but that’s more contemporary classical music.

1 Like

Very cool! Will definitely check these out, thank you again! And I hope you get to go back soon! :heart:

Sorry for the late response but thank you so much!