Illyria! She Needs A Middle Name!

She has two big brothers named:

[name_u]Raven[/name_u] Kirov [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] [name_m]Gerard[/name_m]
Maadix Kraken [name_m]Cain[/name_m] [name_u]Constantine[/name_u]

As her godmother, I get to pick her first middle name. I’m not sure what the other two middle names will be.

Illyria is top choice as a first name.

These are the names I’m considering:

Illyria Lumos - HP name, “light”

Illyria [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - “bringer of happiness”

Illyria [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] - “dawn”, [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] is my MN

Illyria [name_f]Eos[/name_f] - “dawn”

Illyria [name_f]Zora[/name_f] - “dawn”

Illyria [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] - “evening star”, fictional character

Illyria [name_f]Zara[/name_f] - “princess”, she has two big brothers and is 100% the princess

Illyria [name_f]Iris[/name_f] - “rainbow”, she is a rainbow baby

Illyria [name_f]Carys[/name_f] - “love”, her nickname is baby love

Illyria [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] - “love”

Illyria [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] - “love”, big brothers have K middle names

Illyria [name_f]Reverie[/name_f] - “daydream”, she was always a daydream mom wanted a girl but was done having kids

Illyria [name_f]Belle[/name_f] - “beautiful”, but it’s my dogs name

Illyria [name_f]Calla[/name_f] - “beautiful”, similar to my name [name_f]Kayla[/name_f] and my favourite flower

Illyria [name_u]Love[/name_u] - straight to the point of her nickname baby love

Help! I want her to have the perfect name.

Illyria [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] or Illyria [name_f]Carys[/name_f]

Illyria [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]!

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] Illyria [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]. It’s perfect to me; it has a mystical storybook feel but isn’t childish.

My favs from your list:
Illyria [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
Illyria [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
Illyria [name_f]Iris[/name_f]

Illyria [name_f]Iris[/name_f] sounds enchanting to me. I also love Illyria [name_f]Carys[/name_f]!

I really love Illyria [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f], it gives her a K middle name like her brothers and it’s my initial and it means “love”!

I love [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] so much, but feel like it doesn’t have as much significance.

I think [name_f]Belle[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] are a no go. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is a top choice though.

I feel like [name_f]Carys[/name_f] would have pronouncation issues. Is it CARE-is? Would [name_f]Karys[/name_f] be better?

If you like the idea of using another K name to match her siblings, I think [name_f]Kerensa[/name_f] is the way to go.

Otherwise, [name_f]Ksenia[/name_f] came to mind (but the spelling [name_f]Xenia[/name_f] would also work, style-wise).

I like [name_f]Ksenia[/name_f]! What does it mean?

[name_f]Ksenia[/name_f] is the Russian verison of the name [name_f]Xenia[/name_f], a Greek name meaning “welcoming” or “hospitable”. The K is silent, so the name would be pronounced like “shen-ya”.

Illyria [name_f]Calla[/name_f] or Illyria [name_f]Reverie[/name_f].

Any pronunciations of the name I come across have the “K” being pronounced. Is it a name with multiple pronunciations?

[name_f]Carys[/name_f] is very popular in [name_m]Wales[/name_m] (where I live) and I’ve only only ever heard it pronounced Ca-riss, the “ca” being like the first syllable of the word “calendar”. [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] would be pronounced more like that, as Keh-riss, if you get me.

I think Illyria [name_f]Carys[/name_f], Illyria [name_f]Cerys[/name_f] and Illyria [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] are great options!

[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_u]Vesper[/name_u]
[name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]

Would advise against one starting with a vowel as doesn’t flow as well from the “a” ending of first name (which is lovely but very vowel heavy as it is)!

If I’m being honest, the only person I know with the name does not pronounce the “K”. So I suppose it’s a possibility.