Illyria?

What do you think of the name Illyria? What images does it bring to mind? Can you imagine it aging well? [name_m]How[/name_m] about Illyria [name_f]Therese[/name_f]? I really love it. I enjoy its ethereal quality, but also think it sounds quite nice and would work in the real world. It’s not common, so there would probably be some pronunciation/spelling problems, but hey, life’s to short to let trifles like that stop you from using names you like.

Also, what do you think of the sibset: [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], and Illyria? [name_u]Gus[/name_u], Zeph, and Ily? Or do you prefer [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], and Illyria? [name_m]Baz[/name_m], Zeph, and Ily?

Thanks,
[name_u]Sky[/name_u]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]
Personally I dislike Illyria. Isn’t it the country that Twelfth [name_m]Night[/name_m] is set in? As I really hate [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] (though he had great names!) it just doesn’t appeal. However if you like Illyria then go for it!
When I picture Illyria [name_f]Therese[/name_f] (love [name_f]Therese[/name_f] btw) I think of a pale girl with long brown hair & brown eyes sitting in the moonlight. I love Ily as a nn though, it’s one of my faves!
I prefer [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], zephyr and Illyria.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] I helped
[name_u]Love[/name_u]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] ”

All I can think of is this TV show “[name_u]Angel[/name_u].” It is pretty sounding, but I can’t imagine it on a real life girl or woman.

Sounds like a disease… oh! Malaria. That’s immediately what I think of. It’s not the best initial association.

I believe that it’s exceptionally pretty, but would be exceptionally hard to pull off in real life, sorry.

Well, I think Illyria is ravishing. I would probably keep it as a middle name myself but I don’t necessarily think it would be a bad first name – it’s just a bit of a mouthful but so are so many other names as well. I think [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] and Illyria sound smashing together :slight_smile:

I like the name Illyria, and Illyria [name_f]Therese[/name_f] is beautiful! While I love names that relate to authors, poets or playwrights and their works, I’d never use Illyria ‘in real life’ (unless I was writing a fictional story). I like the name, but it’s too uncommon. [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], Illyria & [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] would make a good sibset, though.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] Illyria - but prefer [name_f]Elysia[/name_f] and [name_f]Avalon[/name_f].

I like Illyria. I needed an I name for family reasons and Illyria was on my list for a long time.

It has a romantic quality. I consider the [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] connection a plus not a minus. I prefer [name_m]Balthazar[/name_m], [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], and Illyria, simply because I cannot abide [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]. If you like [name_u]Gus[/name_u] as a NN for [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] or [name_u]August[/name_u] I’d consider that?

I also like [name_f]Ilaria[/name_f], Ippolita, and [name_f]Iliana[/name_f].

To me, Illyria makes me think of a small girl who’s all long hair and big eyes. It’s a little too wispy for me, actually, but in a very pretty way.

I adore Illyria. I think Illyria [name_f]Therese[/name_f] would be divine… for the right girl. It’s a very beautiful name.