Im 15 and having twins! help me with names!

I just found out that its not only 1 girl,its 2. I’m so nervous.!
But anyway,i like pretty names & i like names that are like longer like
[name]Anabelle[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
&[name]Arianna[/name]

oh and middle names! i want them to be like from family members:
[name]Isabel[/name]
Gracyn
Makynzie
[name]Ella[/name]
&[name]Lillie[/name]

If you view this PLEASE post some suggestions.!

I really like the name [name]Miranda[/name], but detest the nn [name]Randi[/name]. I would suggest [name]Mira[/name] instead as a nn, but it appears you like boy’s names for girls. I find that to just create confusion, but to each their own.

I like the name [name]Daniella[/name] as well, though I would spell it [name]Daniela[/name] (with only one ‘l’).

Some other suggestions:
[name]Talia[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]/[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Felicity[/name]/[name]Hana[/name] (they all mean ‘happy’, so you could have twins with the same/similar meaning names)
[name]Mara[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] some of these help?

I love [name]Francesca[/name] nn [name]Frankie[/name]. I recently met a little [name]Francesca[/name], about 5 years old, and she went by the nn [name]Frankie[/name]. So cute! To go with [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Daniela[/name] is nice, but how about [name]Natalia[/name], [name]Viviana[/name] or [name]Anabella[/name]?

I really like [name]Natalia[/name] and [name]Anabella[/name].thaanks!

I really like [name]Natalia[/name] and [name]Anabella[/name].thaanks![/quote]
Oh good, I am glad I could help. Congrats on the twin girls, BTW!

If you chose to name one twin [name]Daniella[/name] I would use the [name]Daniela[/name] spelling, with only one n. That is the traditional Italian spelling and to my eyes looks much nicer :slight_smile: Instead of first names starting with the same letter have you thought about using middle names that start with the same letter ([name]Alexa[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Cara[/name] [name]Rae[/name]), or opposite initials (ex. [name]Eva[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] and [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Emily[/name], ERlastname and RElastname)? Or you could chose different names with the same meanings (ex. [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Freya[/name], both mean noble)

You mentioned how unisex names like [name]Ryan[/name] and [name]Spencer[/name] are cute, well that’s exactley it: they ARE cute but ones that are truly meant for males (like [name]Ryan[/name], which mean [name]King[/name] - why would anyone want their little princess to be a king?! Lol) wont age well. Sometimes we forget that we aren’t just naming babies- these babies will turn into adults!

Anyway onto suggestions-

[name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Alexandra[/name] ([name]Alex[/name])–btw this name would be perfect with sister [name]Cassandra[/name]!
[name]Louisa[/name] ([name]Lou[/name])
[name]Gianna[/name] (Gi- ahn-ah)
[name]Gia[/name] ([name]Gee[/name]-a)
[name]Maxima[/name] ([name]Max[/name])–exotic and unique
[name]Gabriela[/name]-- see opinion on [name]Daniella[/name]/[name]Daniela[/name], and it is much more uncommon without the extra l
[name]Antonia[/name] ([name]Toni[/name])

Good luck and Congrats! And don’t forget to post you final decision in the birth announcements, I’m curious!

Other girl names w/ boy nicknames:
[name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Joey[/name]/[name]Jo[/name])
[name]Alexandra[/name] ([name]Alex[/name])
[name]Antonia[/name] ([name]Toni[/name])
[name]Aurora[/name] ([name]Rory[/name])
[name]Christina[/name] /[name]Christiana[/name]/[name]Krista[/name]/[name]Kristine[/name]/[name]Kristen[/name] ([name]Chris[/name]/[name]Kris[/name])
[name]Louisa[/name] ([name]Lou[/name])
[name]Theodora[/name] ([name]Teddy[/name])
[name]Victoria[/name] ([name]Vic[/name])
[name]Samantha[/name] ([name]Sam[/name])
[name]Cordelia[/name] ([name]Cory[/name])
[name]Theresa[/name] ([name]Terry[/name])
[name]Rebecca[/name] ([name]Beck[/name]- not really boyish, but kinda tom-boy)
[name]Andrea[/name] ([name]Andy[/name])
[name]Matilda[/name] ([name]Mattie[/name])

I think you should definitely use a legitimate girl’s name with maybe a boy nickname as opposed to a boy’s name. Since the boy names for girls trend is so popular, the names will become dated, and may not be taken as seriously as a name with a history.

From your choices, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Miranda[/name] together. I think it’s perfect, and [name]Frankie[/name] and [name]Randi[/name] are very cute nicknames. You might also like:

[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Serafina[/name]

There was a thread recently about girl’s names with boy nicknames that you might want to check out. Good luck!

[name]Hi[/name] Congratulations on your twin babies,
I love the Italian Francesa and I love [name]Miranda[/name], here are a few of my favourite girl names (I’m Irish so some of these names are Gaelic)

[name]Fia[/name] (means ‘little dear’ pronounced [name]FEE[/name]-[name]AH[/name])
Siofra (means bade fairy! pronounced SEE-FRAH)
[name]Ciara[/name] (means dark and mysterious pronounced Key-rah)
[name]Anya[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Holly[/name]
[name]Alessandra[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
Femke (means little girl pronounced Fem-kah)
[name]Roisin[/name] (means little rose pronounced [name]Ro[/name]-sheen)
[name]Summer[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Samantha[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Eavan[/name] (means beautiful pronounced Eee-van)
[name]Rosanna[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]

Good luck with your pregnancy! xxx

I think if you have two girls with boy nicknames, people will think you have two sons.

What kind of boy names will you do if you ever have a son later?

The only thing I’d caution about using [name]Francesca[/name] (my name!) and [name]Miranda[/name] together is the combination nicknames - [name]Fanny[/name] and [name]Randy[/name]… not great. I love my name but I went through loads of teasing about it (fanny, frannie the trannie… - you get the idea…) as a teenager… Otherwise, they are lovely names! Sorry not a fan of [name]Cassandra[/name]. [name]Daniella[/name] is ok but I far prefer [name]Danielle[/name].

Best wishes and good luck! [name]Fran[/name]

I would recommend staying away from boys names. [name]Ryan[/name] and [name]Spencer[/name] aren’t unisex names, they are boys names that have been used for girls… not the same thing. What happens if your little [name]Ryan[/name] is really girly?

What about:
[name]Ramona[/name]- [name]Remi[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name]- [name]Beck[/name]/s
[name]Rowena[/name]- [name]Rowe[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]- [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]- [name]Lou[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]- [name]Jules[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]- [name]Olly[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]- [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]- [name]Tory[/name]/[name]Vick[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]- [name]Ren[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]- [name]Joe[/name]/y
[name]Theodora[/name]- [name]Theo[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name]- [name]Gus[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]- [name]Henri[/name]/[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]- [name]Harry[/name]
[name]Eleonora[/name]- [name]Ely[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]- [name]Tab[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]- [name]Will[/name]
[name]Ernesta[/name]- [name]Ernie[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]- [name]Larry[/name]
[name]Martha[/name]- [name]Marty[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name]- [name]Phil[/name]
[name]Alberta[/name]- [name]Albie[/name]
[name]Geraldine[/name]- [name]Gerry[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]- [name]Vinny[/name]
[name]Leonora[/name]- [name]Leo[/name]/Leron
[name]Lucasta[/name]- [name]Luca[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]- [name]Freddy[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]- [name]Ronny[/name]
[name]Eugenie[/name]- [name]Gene[/name]/[name]Eugene[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]- [name]Garry[/name]/Garet
[name]Emmanuel[/name]- [name]Manny[/name]/[name]Manuel[/name]/[name]Manu[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]- [name]Mat[/name]
[name]Milicent[/name]- [name]Miles[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]- [name]Ian[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]- [name]Abe[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]- [name]Frankie[/name]/[name]Fritz[/name]

Congrats on the twins, have fun naming them!

Hello! I would als advise staying away from boys names. When I was 15 i thought it would be cute to use a boys names on a girl but i think that is an age thing. I hope you have a lot of family support as Twins are difficult to raise at any age.

[name]Charolette[/name] nn charli and [name]Violetta[/name] nn etta: this has matching TT sound and cute nick names.

best of luck, [name]Meryl[/name]

[name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] would make lovely names for sisters, both classic, feminine, well-known but not too popular, and they sound great for twins as they can both give masculine nicknames, so they ‘match’ a little that way - [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Frankie[/name] and [name]Jo[/name]. I also love the nicknames Cesca and Sephie or [name]Posie[/name], though.

[name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] remind me of [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Helena[/name]. Other -ine names you might like include [name]Clementine[/name].

[name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Gabriella[/name] are nice, but very popular, and I’m afraid to say that [name]Daniella[/name] feels a little dated to me. There are some other beautiful names with -el/-bel sounds, though, which you might like instead :
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Eleanor/name - quite popular
[name]Giselle[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]/a.

Other [name]Anna[/name] names, like [name]Annabelle[/name], include [name]Annika[/name], [name]Anneli[/name], [name]Annaliese[/name], [name]Rosanna[/name] and [name]Roxanne[/name]/a.

If you use one of the -ella names, that could count as honouring the [name]Ella[/name] in your family, too, and a -belle/a name could count for [name]Isabel[/name]. [name]Isabel[/name] could also be honoured using [name]Isolde[/name] (IZ-old-uh), Isola (ih-ZOH-la) or [name]Isadora[/name] (EYE-za-dor-a). [name]Lillie[/name] could become [name]Lillian[/name] or [name]Lilith[/name], too.

So how about :
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Lillie[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Ella[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] and [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]
[name]Giselle[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Isadora[/name] [name]Lillie[/name].

Good luck!
[name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Arabella[/name] mackynzie
[name]Francesca[/name] isabela
[name]Carolina[/name] gracyn

Agreed - if I named children when I was 15, I would be apologizing to them now, so yeah - definitely check spellings and I would add versatility - [name]Francesca[/name] is a personal favorite of mine, and someone recently posted the nick name Chessa, but she will have that choice. Anyway, I hope that helps.

From your list of favs, I like [name]Anabelle[/name] Gracyn and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Lillie[/name] best. They are gorgeous names!
[name]Ann[/name] and [name]Jo[/name] or [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Jo[/name] or [name]Annie[/name] and [name]Josie[/name]… LOTS of nickname options with these two.

Blessings with your two little ladybugs =)

[name]Hi[/name]!

From your list so far, I think that [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] would be stunning! To me, both are very feminine and girly (in fact, they’re also feminine forms of male names), and they’re even the same length (nine letters and three syllables). From your list of family names for middles, I think that [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Lillie[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] would be gorgeous. This set doesn’t fit your criteria of having the same letter beginning or ending, so what about [name]Josefina[/name]? I really think that [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] are perfect together, though… I also like [name]Gabriela[/name] and [name]Ariana[/name] together (and they have the same ending), though I prefer the names [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name].

Here’s a post on the Nameberry blog about “Girly Names with Tomboy Nicknames” - as the title implies, it includes many lovely, feminine names with spunky, boyish short forms:

https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/06/12/girly-names-with-tomboy-nicknames/

And here’s another one called “Girly [name]Baby[/name] Names”:
https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/01/15/girly-girl-names/

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Girly or long names. [name]How[/name] about? My faves are starred
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Alaina[/name]*
[name]Catarina[/name]/[name]Katarina[/name]*
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name]/[name]Gabriella[/name]*
[name]Gracelyn[/name]*
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Iliana[/name]
[name]Johanna[/name]
[name]Lilyana[/name]
[name]Monica[/name]*
[name]Mallory[/name]*
[name]Natalia[/name]*
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]*
[name]Tiffany[/name]
[name]Valerie[/name]*
[name]Waverly[/name]

[name]Just[/name] saw this! I’m fifteen as well- I wish you all the love and support in the world with twin girls at 15. My aunt just had twin girls, they’re a real handful! She named hers [name]Juliette[/name] and Aislynn.

I personally know a lovely pair of twins named [name]Francesca[/name], nn [name]Franki[/name], and [name]Alessandra[/name], nn Lessa. What do you think?