I'm afraid my son will be made fun of

I would like my son to be named Perseus Neal James (last name is Crider) because his siblings would be named Parker Ellington and Kimberly Thea “Paige”. I want to do all P names and Perseus sounds cool and unique.

1 Like

It’s a cool name. Is there a reason you’re afraid of that? I don’t see what’s the issue.

3 Likes

I think that’s just fine! I don’t think kids would find much reason to make fun of that name. They’d likely just see it as their classmate’s name and get quite used to it. As a little child, I went to school with a Zephyr, Kellen, Kian, Azucena, Andrius … we much more often corrected substitute teachers on their names’ pronunciations, never made fun of them! Perseus sounds just fine!

5 Likes

[name_m]Perseus[/name_m] is fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with the name

I don’t think [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] is a name that will be made fun of

1 Like

I personally don’t see any big issue with [name_m]Perseus[/name_m]. It’s unusual, yes, but I’m not aware of any obvious teasing potential.

At school, I knew some children with very unusual names who were never made fun of. And unusual names are even more common now than they were back then. Nowadays, your son is statistically more likely to have classmates named [name_u]Messiah[/name_u] and [name_m]Adonis[/name_m] than [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_m]Stephen[/name_m].

1 Like

I dont see a problem with [name_m]Perseus[/name_m]

I don’t think a [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] will get made fun of!

I don’t see uncommon names getting mocked much these days at all – most young kids don’t even realize which names are uncommon!

1 Like

I don’t see a problem with Persues but I do think it is quite stylistically different than [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] which feel like popular 90s kids’ names whereas it’s weighty and mythical. I also don’t see where “Paige” comes from with [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]? It’s a fine name I don’t know why you wouldn’t just use [name_f]Paige[/name_f]?

1 Like

I think its fine and names are much more creative these days so I think kids are used to it. I also don’t understand [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] as a [name_f]Paige[/name_f]? I do think all the names are different stylistically but I also don’t think someone has to maintain one style for every child so as long as it makes you happy. Its a cool name and with nickname potential!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] maiden name will be [name_u]Parker[/name_u], and I want to name my daughter [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]. [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] because of my mother and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] is just one of my favorite names.

1 Like

I like [name_m]Perseus[/name_m], though I do think it stands out compared to [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_f]Paige[/name_f].

[name_m]Perseus[/name_m] is pretty out there compared to [name_u]Parker[/name_u]. I wouldn’t do it… I can see why [name_m]Perseus[/name_m] could be made fun of if everybody else in class has more popular names. I don’t think little kids really care much but possibly as an older kid. [name_u]Or[/name_u] if adults aren’t used to it then maybe they give him a hard time? Depends greatly on the circumstances.

Oh so [name_f]Paige[/name_f] as second middle! I thought “Paige” was a nickname for [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] and that didn’t make sense to me. [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] sounds nice.

[name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] is pretty! I’ve always liked [name_u]Kimberly[/name_u] though! It flows well!!

it is a little stylistically different than the other two names, but perseus is a lovely name and i don’t see any problem with it!

Thank you, and my apologies.