I'm back! (and still don't know what I'm naming my main character)

I was on here before but I was searching for a name based on the sibling names [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]. However, as I’ve rehashed and revaluated what exactly I wanted with this story; I’ve decided to scrap the sisters. They didn’t really contribute to the story and I just didn’t need them. I also didn’t end up finding a name I liked. So, because I’m the most wishy washy writer in the history of the universe, I still don’t have any idea what I want to name my character. I’m not sure if my character is a lot different; I do feel like I have her personality fleshed out a bit more though.

1: ‘NAMING X’ Form

Genre of [name_u]Story[/name_u]: It’s a Supernatural fanfiction, so it will probably be kind of drama with a lot of horroresque things

Time Period/Location: Modern [name_u]Day[/name_u], USA

Character Description: (The fun part!) My main character is a youngish female(23-25) who has taken it upon herself to hunt down all thing supernatural and spooky. Insensitive and sarcastic; she’s not the hero the world needs or deserves but rather the one it got stuck with. Standing in at 5’2 115ish pounds, she tends to focus on being smarter than her enemies than outbrawning them. One of the biggest reasons she continues hunting is how interesting she finds the creatures; she likes learning everything about them. She’s tends to get extremely excited about the prospect of learning more about unique species. Continuing with the physical, she has long auburn hair and dark brown eyes. Her skin is pale with freckles. It’s wouldn’t take a genious to figure out she has some Irish and Scottish roots. Her clothes consist mostly of comic book tees and jeans; comfy and practicaly so they work nicely for her career choice.

Brief Plot:She’s a hunter of the supernatural; she ends up having a run in with other hunters(if you watch Supernatural and you can guess who). They strike up a partnership; different plot points arise from the dark to comedic. Detailing of hunts; monster of the week style plots with the occasional higher ranking big bad.

Who named the character: Her parents are of Irish Scottish, with some [name_m]German[/name_m], ancestry. It wouldn’t necessarily impact their naming decisions. I haven’t really named them yet though I’m leaning torwards [name_m]Jack[/name_m] for the father. I’m not worried about them though.

Immediate Family (if relevant): Like I said I scrapped the siblings and her parents are Irish/Scottish/[name_m]German[/name_m] ancestry. Kind of religious though I’m not sure if I’m going with Catholic or Fundamentalist [name_m]Christian[/name_m](wishy washy again).

Already Considered (if relevant):(This is going to be long, I’ve been considering for a while)[name_f]Aurora[/name_f](nn [name_u]Rory[/name_u]),[name_f]Calla[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f], [name_f]Greer[/name_f], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_u]Regan[/name_u], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_u]Robin[/name_u], [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_u]Fallon[/name_u], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Noa[/name_f], [name_u]Shay[/name_u], [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u], [name_f]Laila[/name_f], [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u], [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_u]Skyler[/name_u]

[name_m]Don[/name_m]’t Suggest These Names: [name_f]Mariah[/name_f](my name), [name_f]Kayla[/name_f]/[name_f]Kaylee[/name_f](two old friends of mine and I’m just not crazy about them), [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Abbigail[/name_f], [name_f]Megan[/name_f], [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u], Some were ruined by people I didn’t like and others I just never liked.

Anything else?: I don’t know if this is really important but since this is a fanfiction there are already character names I’m working around ([name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_u]Dean[/name_u], and [name_m]Cas[/name_m]) which has caused me issues because I’ve always been told to avoid names that start with the same beginning sounds of other characters because the names would start to run together. ([name_u]Sam[/name_u] and [name_u]Shay[/name_u] for example just sound to close for my liking). Maybe I’m overthinking it but it’s part of what made me second guess a lot fo the names I liked.

Hopefully, I did everything right with posting this. If not, I sincerely apologize. I don’t post here often and the forum rules and sort are bit fuzzy for me. I really do appreciate any and all help; sorry it’s such an info dump though.

So, please, just any suggestions you have or if you saw a name in the ones I’ve considered that you think I was on the right track with. I get really easily discouraged with names and get, like I said, wishy washy with them when it comes to main characters. I always have. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Out of the ones you suggested, I like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] with the nickname [name_u]Rory[/name_u] (or even just [name_u]Rory[/name_u]), [name_u]Robin[/name_u], and [name_u]Scout[/name_u]. It’s been a while since I’ve watched SPN, but I think they would fit nicely with the names of recurring characters.

Here are some more suggestions:

[name_u]Brennan[/name_u]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_u]Carmen[/name_u]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Temperance[/name_f]
[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]

[name_u]Carmen[/name_u] - I know I’m repeating, but I really like this.
[name_f]Elke[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilith[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]
[name_f]Tova[/name_f]

@vestigesofsummer

Funnily enough if I decided on [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] I was going to have [name_u]Sage[/name_u] be her middle name. I’ve never heard [name_u]Brennan[/name_u] on a girl before but a part of me definitely likes it.

@whitefeather01

While I’ve always loved the name [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] it was actually the name of a major villain in Supernatural before. So, it’s a bit of an off limits name.

As of [name_u]Carmen[/name_u], since you both suggested it, I don’t know. That name has always been kind of eh to me (it makes me think of Spy Kids, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.) But I don’t think I would ever really consider it for a main character name.

Some other names I’ve recently been considering is [name_f]Danielle[/name_f](nn [name_u]Danny[/name_u]), [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], and [name_m]Merrit[/name_m].

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] (I don’t know, I just love the fact that you could call her [name_m]Harry[/name_m], everyone would be so confused)
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Maeve[/name_f]
[name_f]Brigid[/name_f]

I really like [name_f]Sage[/name_f], [name_f]Calla[/name_f] and [name_u]Fallon[/name_u]