im due in a couple days and we still cant decide on a name

i am having a little girl and am scheduled for an induction on the 8th if the baby doesn’t come on her own before then. (Dr thinks she has a good chance of making an appearance before then) we still haven’t decided on a name and i am starting to stress out over it. (i have a hard enough time deciding on a name when we get a new puppy or something lol so picking a baby name is a big deal)

her middle name is going to be [name_f]Christine[/name_f] after someone that had a big part in helping to raise me when i was a baby so at least that part is figured out.

we were debating between a few different first names earlier on but the ones that have stuck to the end are [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] or [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] and our last name is [name_m]Palmer[/name_m]

so the options are [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] or [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] [name_m]Palmer[/name_m]

i really like both names. i know that my husband and i are bound to end up using nicknames fairly often when she is growing up. if we go with [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] I’m sure her nickname will be [name_u]Sam[/name_u] or [name_u]Sammie[/name_u]. if we go with [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] her nickname will be [name_f]Bree[/name_f].

i kinda like [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] a little more than [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] but i kinda like [name_f]Bree[/name_f] a little more than [name_u]Sam[/name_u] or [name_u]Sammie[/name_u].

what are your thoughts on both names?

From your two options I like [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] best! [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] sounds lovely!
[name_m]How[/name_m] about though:
[name_f]Summer[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_f]Vada[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_f]Susan[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_u]Connie[/name_u] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]

Sorry, but I’m not really a fan. I favor [name_f]Samatha[/name_f], but I’d opt for something different. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Bree[/name_f]), [name_f]Abrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Brielle[/name_f], [name_f]Samira[/name_f], Avrielle (nn [name_f]Ava[/name_f]), Sylvanie, [name_u]Avery[/name_u], anything you like?

I like both are lovely! I have always had a soft spot for [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], so that gets my vote!

I like [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] best. And the name [name_f]Bree[/name_f] [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] is adorable!!!

I like [name_f]Samantha[/name_f]! It is a classic, and very pretty with your last name. [name_m]How[/name_m] about the nn [name_f]Annie[/name_f], instead of [name_u]Sammie[/name_u]?

I like [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] and I love [name_f]Bree[/name_f] (I always preferred it as a full name though). I also think it’s a bit more distinctive than [name_f]Samantha[/name_f]. I think making sure you like the potential nicknames is pretty important when you’re choosing a name. But when she is born, she might just really look like a [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], or an [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], or even something else. So don’t stress too much about it.

I like [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] better than [name_f]Samantha[/name_f], but I also like [name_u]Sam[/name_u] better than [name_f]Bree[/name_f].

I totally agree to just take the two names with you. It’s great that you have two to choose between. Both sound lovely with the middle and last name.

I vote for [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] because of the sweet nickname [name_f]Bree[/name_f] :slight_smile:
my manager is called [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] and she calls herself [name_m]Samy[/name_m] sometimes. I think [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] is a strong name and quite a lot to live up to - but I still like it! I like how feminine it is, although I prefer [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] as it’s feminine sounding as well, but it’s way softer :slight_smile:
Congrats on your baby girl!

[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] all the way. It sounds more current to me, classy, spunky and beautiful. The nickname [name_f]Bree[/name_f] sounds good with your last name and I like it better than [name_u]Sam[/name_u].

[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] has a lot more spunk. Good luck!

I’m casting my vote for [name_f]Samantha[/name_f]. I prefer that to the two-syllable first name paired with a two-syllable last name. I just think it has a nice “flow” to it… [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] [name_m]Palmer[/name_m].

I like [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] much more. It’s an established, sophisticated name. It can go short and tomboyish like [name_u]Sam[/name_u], [name_u]Sammie[/name_u], etc. It can also stay feminine, sweet and distinguished as [name_f]Samantha[/name_f].

Such a classic, lovely name. [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] sounds perfect.

I think [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] is stunning! [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] is very sweet and has a classic/traditional feel that I love.

I think I’m voting [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] but I like them both equally. [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] [name_m]Palmer[/name_m] is just so soft and flows so well so in this case it beats [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] by a nose. They are both really lovely so you have no worries choosing either one. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] is also a good suggestion in that it is similar to [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] but gives you that [name_f]Bree[/name_f] nickname.