Im going to change my name! Help me find one please!!

Hey, Im from Turkey and noone can pronounce my name right. Im moving to usa next year. Im 16. I want to get a nickname and use it for a while and then I will change my name to that forever.

My current name is Ece. Which is pronounced like: Eh-che.
My surname is Eryavuz, pronounced like: Er-yah-wuzh (hard, ha?:D)

Im an actress, I also do modeling and I write songs. So I want a cool name. (not a name like: emma)
I want a name which is also PRONOUNCABLE and commun.
I dont want people to say: “what???” when I tell them my name…(because I get that alot now. lol.)

I dont want a name that means religious things…
Im a gemini girl :slight_smile: Im fun, intelligent and weird.
I am brunette with big green eyes and kinda big lips.
Im 5’3

So I hope you help me out here!!!
thanks alot

Would you like the new name to have any aspect of your old name? (like keeping the same initials? maybe incorporating sounds/letters from your first or middle name?) or do you want a completely fresh and new start?
Also, is there anything else of particular significance to you that you would like to incorporate into this new name? (maybe a place or a character from a book or a family name or someone you look up to - I’m thinking it might be particularly relevant if your new name was somehow connected to something that inspired you to make this big move and start your life over, something that you might be able to take pride in as you move forward into adulthood and which might help you to feel centered in your new “identity” . . .)

You are absolutely right but no… Im all for the uniqueness, easy pronouncable and meaningful names. I also like french names that are mostly used in english, but its not a must.

Cool, pronouncable, and common…

Here’s what I can think of:
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Livia[/name]
[name]Raina[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]/[name]Lillian[/name]/[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Kenna[/name]
[name]Carissa[/name]
[name]Adrienne[/name]
[name]Gia[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]/[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Tara[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Aleah[/name]/[name]Alia[/name]/[name]Aaliyah[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name]/[name]Zoey[/name]
[name]Marie[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Molly[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]

[name]How[/name] about [name]Ella[/name] or [name]Gemma[/name]?

I like the previous poster’s suggestion of [name]Lily[/name], and I admit that’s actually the first name I thought of for you.

BUT, while you say you want something common, you also say you want something unique. I take that to mean that you want something familiar (that everyone recognizes) but not really popular/over-used. I think unfortunately [name]Lily[/name] might then be too popular for you (though, admittedly, it is probably more popular among babies being born now than girls your age).

I think the French theme actually goes well with your wishes for familiar, but not popular because French names don’t seem, by and large, to be overly popular here. I think you need something that is not too distinctly French; otherwise you run into the pronunciation issue again. But, something with a subtle French flair seems like it might be right for you.

And, it sounds like you need something that could lend itself to the dramatic!

Some suggestions you might like:

[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Corrine[/name]
[name]Brie[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Blanche[/name]* (I think this is actually my favorite for you)

I don’t know anything about Turkish names, but just my opinion, I would find an easier Turkish name for the English speaking countries. If that is possible, it would be exotic and suitable, but not too difficult to say or spell. I personally think this is your opportunity to introduce a Turkish name to the mix - we overall have no familiarity of them unless we have a neighbor or co-worker who is Turkish.

https://nameberry.com/search/by_origin/129/Turkish

I don’t know if you can be helped by those pages - you probably know more names than they have compiled. Some of the names seem quite as difficult as your own name, but it is just a thought. I think a pretty name from a country where we don’t often hear of names, or even an unusual name for English speaking countries, would be striking and catch people’s attention - a positive for an actor. I think that you are looking for this quality also, but are finding it difficult to imagine a Turkish name from fitting in.

You really don’t need to change your name for the sake of the entertainment industry, you know. Having an unusual name makes you more memorable, especially in an audition scenario - they’ll have to spend a bit of time getting your name right and that will make it stick in their memory more.

I say keep your name.

I agree that you should keep your name. I think it’s really cool! Plus, I work with a lot of people from other countries, and it always sounds really bizarre when someone is from another country but uses a totally U.S./English name. I have a lot of Chinese clients who do this and it just sounds very odd. I would think in the business you are going into (especially the modeling!) your name would be an asset.

Your last name actually seems more difficult to me than your first name, to be perfectly honest.

I can understand your worries about pronounciation (and your last name is very confusing to an english speaking person) but I actually think a more exotic name can be helpful especially in modelling. It will make you stand out.

I think Ece is quite a nice name actually. Maybe you could change the spelling of your name to something more phonetic so it’s easier to uderstand or pick a similar Turkish name that might be easier to pronounce.

I think [name]Ava[/name] would be perfect for you as it is a short name like yours, it has Hollywood pizzazz and it is very popular. I love it.

If you do decide to change your name, I like the suggestion of [name]Lily[/name]. [name]Isla[/name] (eye-la) sprung to mind, too.

[name]Chloe[/name] means ‘green shoots’ (for your eyes).

[name]Tawny[/name] is a colour name, and means ‘brown’ (for your hair). This one is unusual as a name, and would make you stand out, but is easy to pronounce - I think it’s my favourite :slight_smile:

All -belle names mean ‘beautiful’ (for your modelling), and so how about [name]Annabelle[/name]/a, [name]Isabelle[/name]/a, Rosabella or just [name]Belle[/name]/a. [name]Even[/name] Belphoebe could work - it’s very unusual (from [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Spenser[/name]'s poem), but easy to pronounce.

Keavy is a Scottish name meaning ‘beautiful’.

[name]Clara[/name], [name]Neve[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Roxana[/name] all mean ‘bright’.

[name]Do[/name] you know what your Turkish name means? Perhaps it would be nice to have a name with the same meaning.

Good luck!

I Personally think Ece is a lovely name! So exotic and full of spunk!

I looked up the meaning, apparently it means [name]Queen[/name]! [name]Lucky[/name] you!
[name]Regina[/name] popped into my mind immediately! [name]Regina[/name] is a wonderful name, means [name]Queen[/name] as well, not popular, very familiar yet exotic, and all in all a wonderful name!! A more modern version would be [name]Raina[/name]/[name]Reina[/name]/[name]Reine[/name]/[name]Raine[/name] or the shorter [name]Gina[/name] which is also lovely! You could also use Regine ^^

Best of luck deciding!!

Agreed. Perhaps Eche, Eje, Ezse.

Agreed. Perhaps Eche, Eje, Ezse.[/quote]
I agree. I love Ece, esp when I know how to pronounce it. Otherwise, how about [name]Esme[/name]?

It means queen :slight_smile: but regina and gina sounds like vagina and raine is this girl I hate so much… so lol

Well [name]Regina[/name] and [name]Gina[/name] is pronounced re-[name]GEE[/name]-nuh and [name]GEE[/name]-nuh and vagina is pronounced vuh-JAHY-nuh so they don’t rhyme or sound similar at all! I NEVER would have made the connection unless you mentioned it, and I can’t think of anyone else who would either to be honest… Regine is the French version which is pronounced rey-ZHEEN which is definitely not close to vagina!!!

But it’s your choice I guess :slight_smile:

The spanish for queen is [name]Reina[/name] ([name]Ray[/name]-nah) which doesn’t sound like any unfortunate body parts.

[name]How[/name] about the name of a queen, then?

[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] (I love)
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Philippa[/name] (nn [name]Pippi[/name] is sweet)
[name]Joanna[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] (I love).

[name]Queenie[/name] is an old nn for [name]Regina[/name], and I think it is so quirky.

Good luck!