I'M NEW--5 babies..help?!

[name]Hi[/name], I’m new here on nameberry. My name is [name]Chelsea[/name]. I am going to be a mom for the first time sometime in [name]November[/name] (if I make it that far)! The only thing is, this isn’t a typical first pregnancy. I am having quintuplets (insert gasp here).

So, now that the initial shock of finding out that what we thought was going to become a family of 3 is actually becoming a family of 7 and finding out the genders of the babies (2 boys & 3 girls), my husband and I, are having trouble coming up with names we agree on.

My husband and I, have VERY different taste and opinions when it comes to names. It took us 2 months after we got our dog to agree on a name for him (we finally agreed on [name]Roman[/name]). We’ve been discussing baby names for the past 2 1/2 years. We were both pretty stressed out thinking about having to come up with a name that we both liked whenever we would finally have our first child but, after finding out that we don’t have to just come up with one name that we like but, FIVE, the stress has became almost unbearable.

So, after 2 1/2 years of trying to find a name, about 3 weeks ago we decided that we both really love the name [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (for different reasons of course). We are pretty sure we are 1/5 of the way done naming our babies, sadly, it took 2 1/2 years to come up with that. A name for a boy I like is [name]Liam[/name], and my husband likes [name]Nathan[/name] [name]Daniel[/name], so we are in the process of compromising and settling on [name]Liam[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name], but, its not set in stone.

What names do you think we should consider?

Sorry this is so long and confusing. I’m just nervous and stressed with everything about these babies.

Wow! I bet that was quite a surprise to find out you were having 5!!! I really love the name you picked out for a girl, [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] sounds great as well! Here are some names that I think go great with [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]:

Girls:
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Isabella[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]

Boys
[name]Connor[/name] [name]James[/name]

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

Congrats! That is so cool to be having quints. [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is so pretty, and [name]Liam[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] sounds so manly, [name]LOVE[/name] IT! Here are some names I think would work with these names:
Girls:
[name]Isabella[/name](classic with [name]Sophia[/name])
[name]Genevieve[/name](with [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name] would be absolutely perfect)
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]

Boys:
[name]Connor[/name]-(I really like [name]Connor[/name] with [name]Liam[/name])
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Dakota[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

Congrats! I loved being from a large family - my siblings are some of my best friends.

Boys - [name]Love[/name] [name]Liam[/name] btw
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Conner[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]

Girls
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Liv[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]

Congrats on 5 babies! [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a beautiful name, as is [name]Liam[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]. Since you and your husband each have a boys name you like you could name one boy [name]Liam[/name] and the other [name]Nathan[/name] if you wanted, I don’t think the styles are far too different for that to work.

Other ideas for boys are:
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Eamon[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Felix[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]

I think [name]Milo[/name] or [name]Miles[/name] go well with [name]Liam[/name].

Girl name ideas are:
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]

I like [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] to go with [name]Sophia[/name]. [name]Audrey[/name] is also lovely.

Good luck in your search!

I agree with bluebelle- you have two boys, so use both names. As for the girls, you’ve got one already that you both like- for the other two, you each get to name one.

I think you guys have a lot more to worry about- don’t waste time and energy fighting it out over names!

Good luck!!!

Congratulations!!!
[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is positively PERFECT! I also love [name]Liam[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name].
[name]Sophia[/name], [name]Liam[/name], _____, _____, and _____…

Other suggestions:

Girls:
[name]Lydia[/name] (love it!)
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name]/[name]Savanna[/name] (sounds awesome with [name]Sophia[/name])
[name]Maira[/name], pronounced MY-ruh (sorry about all the M’s, I’m just in that vein)
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Natasha[/name] nn [name]Sasha[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Summer[/name] and other season names
[name]Delaney[/name], [name]Elena[/name], or [name]Elaina[/name], (last two pronounced the same way) all with nn [name]Laney[/name]
[name]Alanna[/name]/[name]Alana[/name]/[name]Elana[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] ([name]Calla[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]? Sounds great!)

Boys:
[name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Jason[/name]
[name]Asher[/name]
[name]Aaden[/name]
[name]Damian[/name]/[name]Damien[/name]
[name]Kai[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Marc[/name]/[name]Mark[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] (might clash with [name]Liam[/name], might not)
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]/[name]Finn[/name] ([name]Quinn[/name] could also be for a girl)
[name]August[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Derek[/name]

I tried to keep this short knowing you’ll have a lot more on your mind than reading long lists of names. Looks like I failed…very sorry!

Best of [name]Luck[/name]!!!

Congratulations! Wow, I can’t imagine being pregnant with 5! Good luck to you!

I’ve been thinking about it a lot, I love the name [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]! [name]Sophia[/name] is such a beautiful name. I think you can go a lot of different ways with that, I would avoid other really popular names, because then it would look like you just picked [name]Sophia[/name] because of it’s popularity, when obviously you’re picking it because you really love it. The first thing I thought of was [name]Isabella[/name], because it IS beautiful with [name]Sophia[/name], but personally I wouldn’t do it, too trendy for me.

Anyway, I decided that if I were having 3 girls and 2 boys, and one was locked in as [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name], I would name the other girls [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Audrey[/name]. As for the boys, I’d go with [name]Liam[/name] AND [name]Nathaniel[/name] (or [name]Nathan[/name]). [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name] is just perfect to me. Of course, that’s me and not you, and I’m sure your tastes are different. Those names are all familiar, and sort of popular, but vintage, too. I just love them together. I especially love [name]Violet[/name] with [name]Sophia[/name], spunky and sweet, modern and old fashioned.

You’ve gotten a ton of great suggestions already. I would also check out all the lists [name]Sophia[/name] is on. Since you’re new, I’ll tell you (don’t be offended if you already know this!). Look up the name [name]Sophia[/name] in the blue box to the left, and scroll down and you’ll see what lists [name]Sophia[/name] is on, click on those and check out the names, odds are good you’ll love some of them!

Congratulations! 5 babies is very exciting :slight_smile: And I’m sure stressful!

[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] … love it! If it were me, I would keep the other two girls’ names vintage with floral middle names … like [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Lily[/name] … also like [name]Olivia[/name].

For boys … love [name]Liam[/name] and [name]Nathan[/name] … and like others I think you could easily use them both. For me, I would name him [name]William[/name] and call him [name]Liam[/name].

Good luck!

Wow, bless you! Congrats on your 5 babies! That is just amazing.

When are you due? Are you interested in seasonal-type names? (For instance, I’m due in [name]December[/name] and I love [name]Noel[/name] / [name]Noelle[/name]; don’t think hubby will sign off though.)

I agree with mummy. If names are stressing you, it may be a good idea to let go of some of your expectations, and open up to new options. You have a lot to concern yourself with, so don’t spend too much energy on this! If, on the other hand, it’s a welcome break from planning for the babies, then obsess all you like. ([name]Lord[/name] knows I do, and I love it.) :slight_smile:

Good luck. Oh and in case you fall into the latter category, here are some of my personal favories:

My kids’ names:
[name]Wesley[/name] [name]Emmanuel[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

Some other contenders for boys:
[name]Jeremy[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]

For girls:
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Irene[/name] (side note: [name]Irene[/name] (peace) and [name]Sophia[/name] (wisdom) go great together [name]IMO[/name])

[name]Nathan[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Irena[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

Girls:
(1) [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] IT

[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Braelyn[/name]
[name]Carina[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Emmaleigh[/name]
[name]Kadence[/name]
[name]Lacie[/name]/(y)
[name]Lorna[/name]
[name]Meghan[/name]
[name]Nadine[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Raegan[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Sarai[/name]/(h)
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Winter[/name]

Boys:
(1) [name]Liam[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] IT

[name]Noah[/name]
[name]Connor[/name]/[name]Conner[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]James[/name] (best as middle name)
[name]Isaiah[/name]
[name]Brayden[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Michael[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Elijah[/name]/[name]Eli[/name]

I hope these help! Good luck!