I'm new! Names to fit a posh double barrelled surname??

[name]Hi[/name]!

I’m new to these forums. My name is [name]Beryl[/name] (I go as [name]Berry[/name] a fair amount). I haven’t got any kids yet and I’m just about to marry into the [name]Fairchild[/name]-Linley family. As a working class gal am a little intimidated by the surname! I have always wanted a large family but am not sure what sort of names would work with that mouthful. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, B

Congrats on your marriage! As for names, definitely with a hyphenated last name, don’t give your future kids a hyphenated first name such as [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Kate[/name] or [name]Anna[/name]-[name]Beth[/name], although as first name/middle name combo then its fine. I would try to stay on the shorter side of names or at least names with a short nn when applicable. When I saw the last name for the first time these were the two names that popped into my head immediately:
[name]Samantha[/name] [name]Anne[/name] “[name]Sam[/name]”
and
[name]Henry[/name] [name]James[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] and welcome!

Boys

[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Rupert[/name]
[name]James[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Antony[/name]
[name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Edwin[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Jasper[/name]

Girls
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Andrea[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]

rollo

Honestly, it’s a bit of a mouthful but I don’t think that it’s too limiting. [name]Do[/name] you have any sort of idea regarding what kinds of names you like?

Some initial suggestions …

[name]Oscar[/name]
[name]Abram[/name]
[name]Ruben[/name] / [name]Reuben[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Hugo[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name]
[name]Samson[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]

[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Ilsa[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name] (or [name]Beatrice[/name])
[name]Pia[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]
[name]June[/name]
[name]Althea[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]

I agree with nono, while its a longer name, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. All the same, I’d probably pick something a bit shorter on the front end–1-2 syllables or under 4 letters maybe. (I don’t really know your name style, so these are just guesses)

[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Bree[/name]
[name]Faye[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Veda[/name]
[name]Alba[/name]

[name]Beau[/name]
[name]Craig[/name]
[name]Abel[/name]
[name]Luca[/name]
[name]Otis[/name]
[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Heath[/name]
[name]Crewe[/name]

Thankyou, [name]Glad[/name] you don’t think it’s too bad - that gives me hope! I’m not sure what sort of names I like: complete novice at naming here! I didn’t realise how completely ignorant I was until I started browsing these forums: so do enlighten me please!! Of those suggested I do like the sound of [name]Charles[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]David[/name], [name]Thomas[/name] for boys and [name]Anna[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Lyra[/name] for girls.

That’s pretty easy going as far as double barrels go. I am slightly bemused by your use of “posh”. It’s a lovely surname, but it’s no Darlington-Waldorfbadger posh :wink:

[name]Alice[/name] or [name]Leon[/name].