I'm obsessing over names because I don't like ANY

Lately I have been on such a hunt for a name that I have been dreaming up names in my sleep. I know it’s possible that I may end up settling on a name last minute but I keep having this hope that I will hear a name that I haven’t thought of and feel like “that’s the one!”. Part of my issue is that the middle name will be [name_m]Robert[/name_m] which I feel is a strong name so I feel like the name would flow best if the first name had just as many syllables if not more.
I have posted a thread on here a while ago but I am back again with an even shorter list of boy names; all of which I can tolerate but don’t love. Some names that I like my husband does not: [name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], [name_m]Anderson[/name_m], [name_m]Victor[/name_m]. I am definitely not a fan of names like [name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_u]Noah[/name_u], [name_m]Liam[/name_m], [name_u]Kieran[/name_u], [name_m]Callum[/name_m]. (no offense).
With that being said here are a few names that we were able to mutually settle on:

[name_m]Graham[/name_m], [name_m]Grant[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Bram[/name_m] (as in [name_m]Bram[/name_m] stoker), and [name_u]August[/name_u]. We like the name [name_u]Reggie[/name_u] but feel like he would be teased if he was named [name_m]Reginald[/name_m]. Also like the nn [name_m]Archie[/name_m] but [name_m]Archer[/name_m] is too trendy and [name_m]Archibald[/name_m] is another teasable name. All other names pretty much remind us of someone else or they are too popular.

Thanks and happy name hunting to you all!

From your list:

[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Archie[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

Suggestions:

[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustin[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[Name_m]Dominic[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

I’d say if you like [name_m]Reginald[/name_m] or [name_m]Archibald[/name_m], go with one of those. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t let the fear of childhood teasing stop you from using a name you feel will be fine in adulthood. Kids are going to tease or they’re not. They could say, “Hey, baldy” to an [name_m]Archibald[/name_m], or “Hey, Grahm cracker” to a Grahm. To be honest, I have a hard time coming up with something for [name_m]Reginald[/name_m] except, “Haha, your name is [name_m]Reginald[/name_m].” which could be any name.

Here are some other suggestions. They’re all under the top 1000 unless otherwise noted (I’m assuming you’re in the US since [name_m]Reginald[/name_m] is moderately popular in the UK):

[name_m]Abner[/name_m]
[name_m]Bernard[/name_m]
[name_m]Bertram[/name_m]
[name_m]Clarence[/name_m]
[name_u]Claude[/name_u]
[name_m]Ephraim[/name_m] (#884)
[name_f]Garland[/name_f] (This is definitely a boys name even if nameberry decides otherwise.)
[name_m]Hiram[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Sherman[/name_m]
[name_m]Thornton[/name_m]

From your list:

[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

Similar in sound to other favorites:

[name_m]Julius[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Carson[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Nolan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

Other suggestions:

[name_m]Griffin[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Collin[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Brendan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Brennan[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

Thank you, very true kids will tease if they’re going to tease!
I do like [name_m]Orson[/name_m], [name_m]Hiram[/name_m] and [name_m]Bernard[/name_m]!

Hmm your style is hard to pin down, but I will give it a shot. I do like [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Julian[/name_m], and [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]. [name_u]August[/name_u] doesn’t flow the best with [name_m]Robert[/name_m], but since you’re having trouble finding something you like I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

[name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] nn [name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Brant[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Griffith[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathan[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]

Also thought of [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], and [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u] which might fit your tastes but wouldn’t sound great with [name_m]Robert[/name_m].

It looks like you’re a bit backed into a corner by the [name_m]Robert[/name_m] factor, though I don’t think you have to stay in that corner.

I see where you’re coming from on the name-as-long-as-[name_m]Robert[/name_m] concept, but if it’s a nice “strong” sounding name that can hold its own, a short name could work, too. I notice you don’t have ANY 3-syllable names in your short list, so that’s a bit of a problem. But going shorter, take a look at [name_m]Bram[/name_m]. [name_m]Bram[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] is a strong and handsome combo, and there’s no “competition” between the names, one outshining the other, or anything like that. If you really want as-long-or-longer, you could consider [name_m]Abram[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m], or [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]. Though in this case, I think “less is more” works in your favor.

[name_m]Archie[/name_m] or [name_u]Reggie[/name_u] could be given as standalone names, that’s really a matter of personal preference, and people can be pretty opinionated either direction.

I’m having trouble coming up with “long names” for [name_m]Archie[/name_m], but I think you could pull off [name_m]Marcus[/name_m] or [name_m]Marshall[/name_m] with [name_m]Archie[/name_m] as a nn. This is sure to be controversial, as “non-intuitive nicknames” are a bit of a “can of worms” in general - some people love them, some people hate them. [name_m]Archimedes[/name_m] and [name_u]March[/name_u] work, for sure, but they have limited appeal.

For [name_u]Reggie[/name_u], I think any of these could work as a long name with [name_u]Reggie[/name_u] as the nn. Some are more appealing than others - you see what might sound good to you.
[name_m]Jeremy[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeffrey[/name_m]
[name_m]Jefferson[/name_m]
[name_m]Jerek[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeril[/name_m]
[name_u]Jericho[/name_u]
[name_u]Jermane[/name_u]
[name_m]Jerome[/name_m]
[name_m]Gerald[/name_m]
[name_m]Gerard[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m]
[name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Regis[/name_m]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you make some progress and find a name that you really love for your son!

Hmm… do you realize that both [name_m]Orson[/name_m] and [name_m]Bernard[/name_m] mean “bear” or “hardy like a bear”? Maybe that’s a sign.

Other names meaning “bear”:
[name_u]Armel[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] or [name_m]Arturo[/name_m]
[name_m]Barney[/name_m]
[name_m]Benno[/name_m]
[name_m]Berenger[/name_m]
[name_m]Bjorn[/name_m]
[name_m]Dov[/name_m]
Esben
[name_m]Humphrey[/name_m]
Mahon
Torben

I really like [name_m]Graham[/name_m] and [name_m]Archie[/name_m]. I think you could use just [name_m]Archie[/name_m].

For [name_u]Reggie[/name_u], you can use Regent as a first.
Archel for [name_m]Archie[/name_m].
try:
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Adam[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Trevor[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m]