Imagery and opinion's on Amaia/Amaya?

Title says it all :grin:. Opinions and imagery, please.

First, a quick poll. Which spelling?

• [name_f]Amaya[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Amaia[/name_f]

0 voters

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Amaia. Only because I’m a huge fan of Basque names and it’s the spelling I’m mostly used to. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you actually have any Spanish/Basque heritage?

1 Like

I like [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] because of the aia ending, though both are stunning!

2 Likes

@sweetcaroline I don’t actually! I didn’t know about the Spanish Basque heritage, thank you for telling me.

1 Like

I loooove [name_f]Amaia[/name_f]! It has a modern sound that’s super strong and feminine, that would also be fit for a fairytale princess. It’s one of my absolute favorites! I went back and forth on the spelling until one day, I simply stuck with [name_f]Amaia[/name_f]. I don’t quite know why but I haven’t wavered on it since.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Amaya[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Maia[/name_f] over [name_f]Maya[/name_f], but I prefer [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] over [name_f]Amaia[/name_f].

2 Likes

Amaia looks tidier and sleeker! It’s starry, bright and warm

1 Like

I like [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] over [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] but [name_f]Maya[/name_f] over [name_f]Maia[/name_f]!

2 Likes

That’s exactly how I feel!

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Amaia[/name_f]. [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] is lovely too, but [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] looks more classic. I picture a very sweet girl, but strong, too. Both are gorgeous choices, though.

1 Like

I prefer the [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] spelling. I know someone with a little girl named [name_f]Amaya[/name_f]! I like the name, even though I dislike [name_f]Maya[/name_f]/Maia.

1 Like

@night_blossom [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] is a name I have always loved and it is quite popular amongst the Basque community (specially with that spelling). I do think [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] could probably get away without being linked to Spanish heritage.

1 Like

Amaya just looks nicer in my opinion because there aren’t as many vowels in a row.

1 Like

I vote for [name_f]Amaya[/name_f] because I think it makes the pronunciation more obvious. I read [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] as [name_f]Amalia[/name_f] at first when skimming the title.
That said, I do find the look of [name_f]Amaia[/name_f] very appealing.

1 Like

[name_f]Amaia[/name_f] is an adorable name! It makes me think about love. :two_hearts:

1 Like