Imaginary Birth Announcements!

We adopted a 6 month old [name_u]Nova[/name_u] [name_f]Scotia[/name_f] Duck Tolling Retriever. Her owner sadly passed away, but the kids and us fell in love. Her owner taught her to respond to [name_u]Dallas[/name_u], so we have the full name as [name_u]Dallas[/name_u] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] Martinez. She joins our lovely children [name_f]Adelina[/name_f] [name_f]Morning[/name_f] Martinez (13), [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] Martinez and [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] Driftwood Martinez (11 yo twins), our 3 yo calico cat [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] [name_f]Luna[/name_f] Martinez, our 3 pet female mice [name_f]Stormi[/name_f], [name_f]Raina[/name_f] and [name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] and our midshipmen Ellabeth [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_m]Hawk[/name_m] “Ella” (19) and [name_u]Christian[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] Blackmore (19).

(We have [name_f]Adelina[/name_f], [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]. We have [name_u]Dallas[/name_u], [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], [name_f]Stormi[/name_f], [name_f]Raina[/name_f], and [name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f]. We are hosting [name_f]Ella[/name_f] and Christian)

1 Like

[name_u]Happy[/name_u] to announce birth of [name_f]Tess[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]! Older sister [name_f]Annabella[/name_f] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] is over the moon with her new little sister.

:herb: :crescent_moon:

2 Likes

Please welcome [name_f]Celia[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] to the world! Older siblings [name_f]Annie[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] are so excited to meet her :heart:

2 Likes

Our son made his entrance yesterday, peacefully arriving in the comfort of our home. He was a breech baby and as we decided to proceed with a homebirth, we wanted a name that would tie in to the occasion. We settled on the first name [name_m]Leopold[/name_m], which means “brave people”. The middle names [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] and [name_u]Forest[/name_u] were added, as the first middle name is a family surname and second is a reference to our love of the outdoors.

Dear [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u], we are so honored to be your parents.

1 Like

[name_u]Happy[/name_u] to announce birth of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]! She already has the nicknames [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]!

We just welcomed a newest addition to our family! A second boy, whom we’ve named [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] [name_m]Moss[/name_m]. Our oldest has started to call him [name_u]Amos[/name_u], which has stuck along with the nicknames [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Ros[/name_f].

We are so glad you are here, [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]! Our handsome boy joins his equally handsome older brother [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] (Leo) (2).

1 Like

Adorable, my cousin just named her baby [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]. I had been crushing on it so I was sad she used it but in all honesty I probably wouldn’t have used it at all or it would have just been a mn.

2 Likes

I fell in love with it while watching the Chilling Adventures of [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] (it’s an okay series). I do have an uncle with the name, but the Portuguese version [name_m]Ambrosio[/name_m], which I think it’s also really beautiful.

I am overjoyed to announce the arrival of our first baby girl!
Freya Philippa Rosalind!
Welcome to the world little baby. We already love you more than anything.
Picking a name was a difficult decision. Me and DH debated for hours every week and I would annoy him into the wee hours of the night asking his opinions. We ended up having very similar styles but, when asking him to bring names to the table all he could say was “I want a long name with lots of nicknames.” which I feel like we accomplished!
Both of us don’t have many nicknames and didn’t growing up and we really didn’t want that for our babies. He is Kai so, there isn’t really nickname potential for that. The only thing he is called as a nn is Kai Kai (of course made by me lol) which he hates. But, oh well! And my name is Mollie which is never shortened and I am only called Lili by a few people including Kai and a couple of my closest friends.
Originally, I went into the naming process with set combos and lots of those got cut. DH felt that most of them just didn’t fit baby and nixed others because he just didn’t think they flowed well.
Though I was bummed out by some of my longtime favorite combos being out of the running-bye bye Adelaide Isolde (and all the other combos like it) you will be missed-I was okay with it. The entire time, I knew both Kai and I wanted more kids so I wasn’t too bummed. I just wanted the name to feel right. And, finally with her name I do. What a relief!
Before we found out that she was going to be a girl, we had the boy names narrowed down to a handful we both loved, the girls were just a different story.
Philippa Rosalind was a combo I’ve had in my heart for years, but all of the other middles I had set for it just felt wrong. I flipped in between Philippa Rosalind Rhys, Philippa Rosalind Ocean (in honor of Kai) and simply just Philippa Rosalind for months and months but, they all came up short.
We didn’t have much input on the name from either of our families because at the end of the day, we were the ones having the baby and we wanted a name we both loved. Not one that MIL and FIL loved. The name was ours to pick and we wanted to keep it that way. But, the times they brought up names we kept quiet and let them have fun.
The name wasn’t revealed to family until baby made her world debut last week on April 16th (twelve days before my mom’s birthday.) Surprisingly they all loved it! Or…acted like they did.
Freya is a name I’ve liked silently for years. It is kind of “modern” for my style but, that never stopped the crushing. I have always been somewhat interested-and in awe of-Greek mythology and just mythology in general so, when I remembered that Freya was the Goddess of Love and Fertility in Norse mythology, it just all fell into place. We were NTBNP and still ended up surprised when we found out we were going to have a baby. Immediately, I fell in love with her and this name just felt right and like the perfect way to honor that. I actually had forgot about this name until one day when me and DH were sharing lists he said Freya and I was like “wow…I forgot about that name. I think it’s perfect.” It just feels so happy and bright and really fits a baby born in April.
Philippa is a name I’ve loved for a while and obviously wanted to use. DH ended up loving it too. I was so convinced that she would be Philippa but, as a first name it just fell short time and time again.
Rosalind is the exact same as Philippa. I loved it but it just fell short even paired with Philippa.
I still knew I wanted her to be Philippa Rosalind but, it needed something more so, when I found Freya I knew it was perfect.
We decided on the Freya spelling because we do live in the US, so we felt Freja and Freyja had a large possibility of being mispronounced.
Initially, I was worried about the amount of F starting and A endings were in the name (F(rey)a and Ph(ilipp)a) but Freya Rosalind Philippa just didn’t feel right after I had had my heart set on Philippa Rosalind and then Freya Philippa Rosalind for so long. But, DH assured me and all is well. I am so glad I kept it how it is.
Nicknames for Freya have already started and include: Fey, Pippa, Pippa Rose, Pippa Rosie, Pips, Pip Squeak, Rosie Bug, Freys, Frey-Frey, Bug, Buggie, Freybay, Yaya, Pippers, Freya Pippa, Frey Pip, Freya Rosie, Freya Pippa Rosie (I started this and now I can’t stop calling her it lol), Frey Bug, Frey Bee, Freya Bee, Freya Bean and FPR (which somehow causes us to talk to her like we’re on a radio.)
As for the birth, it went smooth! She ended up coming two and a half almost three weeks early so initially I was worried but she was lovely weighing 7.3 oz (coincidently the same weight as me and my sister) and was 19 in. As for me, I am doing well. It’s been almost three days the time I am writing this since we’ve been home (I should be sleeping but this is much more important lol. Just kidding, Freya was up a bit ago and now I can’t get back to sleep) and five days since actual birth. Happy five day birthday, Freya my love!!
I feel so incredibly honored to be your Mom Frey Bugs, and I can’t wait to see you grow in front of my eyes.

ps - the little black hair you do have right now is sticking straight up and you look adorable.

sorry this was so long i was having so much fun with it lol

8 Likes

Yes, wonderful! But, living in the US it would probably be mispronounced lol.

1 Like

Twin Baby Boys Are Here!!
Two nights ago on June 24th, we welcomed our second and third babies, Caspian Felix Edward and Evander Blythe Theodore!! Their sister Freya was able to meet them early that morning and came back today to visit.
Naming the boys was more difficult than expected. During this past entire year, we had been back and forth between TTC and NTBNP. We knew we wanted more children and that we wanted them to be close in age but, whenever we tried it felt like I was forcing it to happen when I wanted it to happen rather than letting my next baby come when they were ready. Plus, not getting pregnant when trying was taking an emotional toll on both of us but it was extremely hard for me. I work from home as an author so, I spend a lot of time with our daughter (Freya Philippa Rosalind) who only goes to preschool twice a week. It is so wonderful yet heart wrenching getting to see her interact with her toys and our pets as if they will speak back to her. I knew we wanted more kids for sure and then one day Freya came up and asked if I was gonna give her a brother or sister (the neighbors have a daughter who is Freya’s age and a baby who is about six months old who she loves to play with and also she loves the Berenstain Bears’ books along with the book Olive Marshmallow which she found at the neighbors house.) It was totally innocent and adorable in the moment but, later in the night I was telling DH and found myself in tears and feeling guilty.
Luckily, we had loads of luck and found out I was pregnant the next month. Then, found out it was twins! Unexpectedly, Freya wanted a boy and well she ended up with two of them! We told her before everybody and she was so excited not only to have a secret but, to be getting baby brothers.
Naming the twins was difficult which we didn’t expect. When I was pregnant with Freya, I had multiple sets of names for boys picked out but, lots of those got nixed when we found out we were having twins simply because we couldn’t find ones we liked together. It not only had to work with the other but, I wanted it to match with Freya’s name too.
There came Caspian Felix Edward and Evander Blythe Theodore! Caspian was a name on my list for a while along with Felix, Blythe, and Evander. But, finding the second middles was quite hard. Freya has two and we wanted to keep that theme going.
When we asked Freya what she wanted to call them she shared Teddy/Teddy Bear. We considered using Teddy and Bear as the second middles but, they just didn’t feel long enough and didn’t match with the theme and style of Freya’s. So, I looked up names with the NN Teddy and came across Theodore (which I had already considered but as a FN), and Edward.
So, we ended up with Caspian Felix Edward and Evander Blythe Theodore. Evander was born first weighing 5.6 oz and coming in at 18 inches so, we went with Theodore as his SMN so he could be Teddy. Then of course, Caspian came out second weighing 5.4 oz and at a wee 17 inches. Caspian got Bear to end up with our Teddy and Bear, or as Freya says when she talks about them together “Teddy Bear!!”
I am just as in love with their names as I was (and still am) with Freya’s. We do plan on having one more child but, if we don’t, we feel Freya, Evander, and Caspian just fit wonderfully.
NN beside Teddy and Bear include: Cas, Casi, Deer, Theo, Eddy, Tea (Evander) and Cookies (Caspian) (thanks lots Freya your three year old mind works in wonderful ways), Cas Bear and Teddy Deer.
I can’t wait for us to get home so I can see you and Fey interact more.

xoxo your should be sleeping but can’t stop staring at you Mom <3.

5 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] precious baby girl is here. We named her [name_u]Bennie[/name_u] after her grandfather. She joins big brother [name_u]Ari[/name_u] and big sister [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Announcing the arrival of our fourth (and final) baby…
Davina Nesta Elide!!
Four year old sister Freya Philippa Rosalind (Fey/Frey) and one year old brothers Evander Blythe Theodore (Teddy/Deer) and Caspian Felix Edward (Bear/Cas) are so excited to meet you.
I am so excited to be finishing my family at age twenty eight.
Davina is a name I have loved forever. I heard it for the first time on The Originals and fell in love with it. I knew it would be her name after I had a dream with a baby named Davina.
Nesta is after a book character who I love dearly. She has a wonderful arc and story and the books she comes from have helped me so much.
Elide is after another character who I also love. I felt as if she was so strong and wonderful and I am so happy I get to name my baby after her.
Once again, initially I was against the (Davin)a and (Nest)a but, DH Kai assured me and I love it so much!
As always NN include - Vins, Ina, Vini, D, Nes, El, Nina, Dove and Dovie.
Dove and Dovie are of course made by Freya when we asked what we wanted to name her she answered Dovie. We thought of naming her Dove/Dovie but in the end I just had my heart set on Davina.
Welcome to the family Davina.
xx Mom of Fey, Teddy, Bear and Dovie.

4 Likes

I’m pleased to announce my twin girls, [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] & [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]! We call them [name_f]Lissy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilah[/name_f]! They join older brother [name_u]Jackson[/name_u] [name_u]Oliver[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] “Jack”.

3 Likes

[name_u]Happy[/name_u] to announce birth of [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] Moonlily and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] Summerlark!

3 Likes

We were blessed with the arrival of our third child and son earlier this year. Celebrating new life in this new year with our handsome boy [name_m]Edmond[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u] [name_u]Wolf[/name_u]. He already goes by an abundance of nicknames that include, but are not limited to: [name_m]Eddie[/name_m] & [name_m]Teddie[/name_m] and [name_u]Mo[/name_u], [name_f]Momo[/name_f], Mond (german word for moon) & [name_f]Moon[/name_f].

[name_m]Edmond[/name_m] joins his two older brothers [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_m]Llewellyn[/name_m] [name_u]Forest[/name_u] (Leo) (5) and [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_u]Montgomery[/name_u] [name_m]Moss[/name_m] (Amos). We are so obessed with you, little moon!, and thanks for effectively making me a boy only mom, I am honored.

5 Likes

We’re happy to finally announce the birth of our first child [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] [name_m]Evander[/name_m]!

2 Likes

The twins are here!
Last week, Henry Michael and Hugo Merritt joined out family. They join delighted big sister Anna - Margaret May, who is beyond thrilled to have two new baby dolls.

1 Like

[name_m]Long[/name_m] awaited baby girl [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] is here. [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] because I love the poem by sylvia plath and [name_u]James[/name_u] just sounds great. She will be joining older sister Lunelle [name_f]May[/name_f].

1 Like

Joining our family, we had twins! [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] Blackmore was born at 2:33 pm on [name_u]August[/name_u] 26, 2021 weighing 6 pounds 11 ounces. [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u] [name_f]Sicily[/name_f] Blackmore was born at 2:40 pm on the same day weighing 6 pounds 8 ounces. Both are beautifully healthy. They joking there older siblings [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] Blackmore and [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] [name_m]Santiago[/name_m] Blackmore.

[name_f]Natasha[/name_f] [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] Blackmore
[name_f]Natasha[/name_f] was born at 5:22 on [name_u]October[/name_u] 28, 2017. [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] means a lot to us because it honors all the great Natalie’s in our life (and black widow) but mostly because we love it. I think it is such a strong yet artsy name. [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] is a name that my mom loves, the name of one of my favorite others and my partners grandmom’s name. It just flows well and is a name my partner loves. [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] is a music loving name.

[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] [name_m]Santiago[/name_m] Blackmore
[name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] was born at 3:44 pm on [name_u]March[/name_u] 12. [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] connects to a musician and entertainer me and my partner love. We know it is a bit unusual but when we saw [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] we lost all doubts. [name_m]Santiago[/name_m] is a strong name that has great flow. It ties to one of our favorite shows, and is a name my partner really loves. [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m] is an artsy, philosophy and humanitarian name.

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] Blackmore
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is a bright, warm name. It honors my partners father [name_m]Felix[/name_m], plus the other [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and Felicity’s in our life. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] was also a strong comic character. Mostly, we just love that name. [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] ties to one of our favorite albums. [name_f]Vienna[/name_f] is where my partners parents went on honeymoon. We have a lot of connection to this name, and I also just really like it. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is a bubbly, nature loving name.

[name_u]Finnegan[/name_u] [name_m]Cassander[/name_m] Blackmore
[name_u]Finnegan[/name_u] is a youthful, clever name. It honors many Finns and [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u]. It also connects to foxes, one of my favorite animals. [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u] may be more common then [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] and [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m], but when we met our each of our babies we knew we had picked the perfect name, regardless of popularity. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner and I love that name, as does my mother and their father. [name_m]Cassander[/name_m] is a name that ties to my family, to [name_m]Xander[/name_m], to [name_f]Lysandra[/name_f] and so on. It is a strong name with deep ties and many references. [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u] is a intelligent, animal loving name.

2 Likes