Imogen Bluebell Updated combo

My daughter who is expecting in [name]April[/name] is looking for THE name for her baby, she already has [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Skye[/name] and at the moment is considering [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]. What do you think of this combo?

PS She doesn’t know if she is expecting a girl or boy.

[name]Just[/name] thought that you may like this combo better, what do you think of

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]?

Honestly, I don’t like either [name]Imogen[/name] or [name]Bluebell[/name]. [name]How[/name] about [name]Clara[/name] [name]Rain[/name]?

I think the “bluebelle” aspect fits nicely with [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Skye[/name], but [name]Imogen[/name] is styllistically very different from [name]Chloe[/name]…in my mind.

I love it! It is beautiful and spunky at the same time!

I’m not sure where your daughter lives, but I live in the US, so I may not be the best judge of how the baby’s name will be viewed in context of other children her age in her area. I love the name [name]Imogen[/name], but unfortunately, cannot use it as it is not a name commonly used in the US. :frowning:

I like [name]Imogen[/name] quite a lot. [name]Bluebell[/name] isn’t my style–it’s a little too cutesy. I’d prefer just [name]Blue[/name] or another nature name–pp’s suggestion of [name]Rain[/name] would work. I’m not sure [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Chloe[/name] are the same style but I like them together.

[name]Imogen[/name] is a nice name, but I agree with pp who say that [name]Bluebell[/name] is cutesy. Reminds me of [name]Trixie[/name] [name]Belle[/name]. [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Isabel/name or [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Isabella[/name] would make a love combo, as would [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Arabella[/name].

I agree that [name]Imogen[/name] doesn’t fit with [name]Chloe[/name], nor is it very cute in my opinion, even though the combo sounds nice. Others that would fit better with [name]Chloe[/name]:

[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Dora[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Lexi[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rhea[/name]
[name]Selene[/name]

My favorites with [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Skye[/name] are [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Greer[/name] and [name]Rhea[/name] [name]Blair[/name]. Or, another cute middle name would be [name]Star[/name], or its French version, [name]Estee[/name]. Or [name]Rhea[/name] [name]Selene[/name] would be pretty!

I think the earlier recommendation of using [name]Rain[/name] as a middle name is very appropriate given that the baby will be born in [name]April[/name]. I kind of though [name]Daisy[/name] [name]Rain[/name] is cute, but maybe that’s too cutesy. [name]Don[/name]'t know. Maybe [name]Lila[/name] [name]Rain[/name], [name]Isla[/name] [name]Rain[/name]…

For a boy, maybe the middle names [name]River[/name], [name]Hawk[/name], [name]Dune[/name], [name]Cloud[/name]…

I love the spunk and originality of [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name], but like [name]Rica[/name] (I think it was [name]Rica[/name]!) said, [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] feel very different in style to me. Hmm…I really love the combo, though! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you and your daughter!

Is [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Sky[/name] just another name that she’s considering for this baby, or does she already have a daughter named [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Sky[/name]?

Is [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Sky[/name] just another name that she’s considering for this baby, or does she already have a daughter named [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Sky[/name]?[/quote]

DD#1 is [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Skye[/name] and we are looking for a name for the baby due in [name]April[/name].

We live in Australia and it is [name]Autumn[/name] in [name]April[/name] so I am not sure of the connection between [name]April[/name] and rain, Can somebody enlighten me please?

We live in Australia and it is [name]Autumn[/name] in [name]April[/name] so I am not sure of the connection between [name]April[/name] and rain, Can somebody enlighten me please?[/quote]

Oops, sorry about that. In the States [name]April[/name] is generally a rainy month. “[name]April[/name] showers bring [name]May[/name] flowers” and all that. Scratch that suggestion.

i like [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]. [name]Bluebell[/name] is cutsey but as a middle name you can get away with that. To me chloe skye is very dated like her sisters would be madison and avery.

I love [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name]! It’s gorgeous and it has the same kind of feel as [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Sky[/name]. Good [name]Luck[/name] to her:)

I think that we should have a rule on Nametalk that once a child is born and named, we don’t say anything negative about his or her name. I’m not trying to be combative, I’m just noting that it can be hurtful to have your name or your relative’s name put down. Of course we can be perfectly honest about names we don’t like before a baby is named.
[name]Rollo[/name], I love [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Skye[/name]. I don’t think [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Madison[/name] have the same style. [name]Avery[/name] is a little more like [name]Chloe[/name] than [name]Madison[/name] is. But to me [name]Chloe[/name] is a feminine, classic name. I don’t think [name]Chloe[/name] goes with [name]Imogen[/name] that well, but I do love [name]Imogen[/name]. To me [name]Bluebell[/name] is a bit cutesy although the thought is adorable. I prefer [name]Blue[/name]. What about [name]Indigo[/name], but since it is a type of blue, you would need a different middle name.

I think that we should have a rule on Nametalk that once a child is born and named, we don’t say anything negative about his or her name.

Of course we can be perfectly honest about names we don’t like before a baby is named. [name]Rollo[/name], I love [name]Chloe[/name] [name]Skye[/name]. .[/quote]

Thank you [name]Susan[/name] lovely to have your support of [name]Chloe[/name]'s name. I love it and my daughter has loved both [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Skye[/name] for a long time.

I think that it would be a good rule not to comment on a child that is already named just in case someone is offended by a comment.

It is okay though [name]Meryl[/name] your comment didn’t worry me.

I agree that while [name]Imogen[/name] has its merits it doesn’t seem to work well with [name]Chloe[/name]. I feel that a short, classic feminine but not frilly name possibly with the same roots as [name]Chloe[/name] would suit.

Daughter’s DH doesn’t like names that can be boy’s names eg [name]Georgina[/name] nn [name]Georgie[/name] or unisex or nursing home names. (Although [name]Imogen[/name] could be in the last category I suppose).

[name]Imogen[/name] is such a pretty name, but I don’t think it would work well with [name]Chloe[/name]. I’ve always liked the idea of pairing [name]Imogen[/name] with another [name]Shakespeare[/name] name, like [name]Hero[/name] or [name]Bianca[/name].

I absolutely love this name. It’s so funny because those are two names I have in my top 5 girl names.

rassy suggested [name]Bianca[/name] (I think she was saying [name]Bianca[/name] goes better with [name]Imogen[/name] than [name]Chloe[/name] does) but I think [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Bianca[/name] sound nice together. Has your daughter considered that at all? I don’t really like the alliteration of [name]Bianca[/name] [name]Bluebell[/name], but other nature-y names could definitely fit with [name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] [name]Skye[/name] and
[name]Bianca[/name] [name]Indigo[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name] [name]Blue[/name] - I like this with one less b from the bell part.

I also like [name]Imogen[/name] and the fact that [name]Chloe[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name] may be stylistically different doesn’t bother me. I like the names individually and like them as sisters. I would prefer [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Blue[/name] as well since [name]Bluebell[/name] is a little too cutesy to me.