Imogen Eliza?

I really like the name [name]Imogen[/name] but someone pointed out that she will always have to correct the pronunciation of her name (“not imo-[name]GENE[/name]… imo-[name]JEN[/name]”).

And is this too weird for the states? I live in a metropolitan area in the south (which might DOOM her to being called imo-gene… although no heavy accents among the majority in my area)

And how does it fit with [name]Eliza[/name]… too much vowell? And is the fact that [name]Eliza[/name] will honoring family enough to overshadow any vowelley-ness (yes, i made up that word)?

[name]Just[/name] feeling out a few different names for future babies.

And do you think a name like this would be difficult for an internationally adopted baby girl to bear? My husband and I are deeply considering adoption in the future.

Okay… now that I’ve probably overwhelmed whoever read this with excessive amounts of rambling and questions, any thoughts?

[name]Imogen[/name] is a lovely name. I live in Australia so there wouldn’t be pronunciation problems.

I think you need a softer middle name such as [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Elise[/name].

For an [name]Asian[/name] baby I think I would call her [name]Elise[/name] [name]Imogen[/name].

I love the name [name]Imogen[/name], and while I don’t think she’ll always have to correct people’s pronunciation, I think it’s a very real possibility. (I’ve unfortunately heard it mispronounced as [name]Imo[/name]-jeen.)

I love both names (huge [name]Eliza[/name] fan here) :-), but not I’m not sure about them together. Wait. I forgot that it’s a family name. In that case, yes, I think the meaning is what’s important. :slight_smile:

If you’re still looking for ideas, you may like:

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

I think it’s wonderful that you’re considering adoption, and hope that everything goes well for you.

Have a good day! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is pretty. I will admit that my mind immediately read [name]Imogen[/name] as imo-geen. Looking at it now all I see is [name]Imo[/name]-jen.

I like [name]Imogen[/name] a lot. There may be some pronunciation issues but I don’t think it would be all the time with every person. [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] is pretty, and any awkward voweleyness is certainly made up for by its meaning to you (I don’t think it’s a terrible flow anyway).

Thanks guys! I’ll be mulling