Imogen Victoria

what do you think of this combo?
I cannot decide if I think [name]Imogen[/name] is lovely and beautiful, or just awkward sounding and I was thinking the right middle name would push me towards lovely and beautiful. Any other ideas?

I [name]LOVE[/name] it! Beautiful combo! I love both of the names, and they are just perfect together. I love [name]Victoria[/name] as a middle name because it just gets to be beautiful without unappealing nicknames getting in the way! And I know lots of people don’t like [name]Imogen[/name], but honestly I have no idea why. I think it’s so pretty!

I also love this combo! So pretty.

I love both [name]Imogen[/name] and [name]Victoria[/name] too, and agree exactly with the pp (I think it was lyndsay) who said there wouldn’t be any icky nicknames to get in the way of [name]Victoria[/name]'s beauty! Well said!

This is a lovely combo, and I would give any parent credit for choosing it, but I am one of those who doesn’t love [name]Imogen[/name]. Basically, I don’t like that it is essentially a mistake, and the sound reminds me of a medication or something. “Give her 3 CCs of [name]Imogen[/name]. Stat.”

phoebesmom, how is it a mistake? i’ve never heard the background before!

It was an error in transcribing the name “[name]Innogen[/name].” Either Shakepeare made the error, or someone was copying [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s work and made the error, not exactly sure, but the rest is history!

It’s a perfectly nice name, but I just don’t get the appeal of [name]Imogen[/name]. I just think it has a really ugly sound, and looks strange written down. It doesn’t seem like a name to me. There’s nothing wrong with it, though, and it goes well with [name]Victoria[/name]. What about:

[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Helena[/name]