Imogen?

Hi everyone! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I have fallen in love with the name [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]. Though we aren’t a 100% sure due to us living in [name_u]America[/name_u]. For nicknames with have thought of Immie and [name_f]Ginny[/name_f].
What are all of your thoughts? Is this name ready to jump the pond?

1 Like

I love the name! I would totally go for it!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is darling. It is more British, but that’s fun that it makes it more unique in the U.S. It’s well know, but not at all over done. It’s smart, feminine w/out being frilly, & kind. And it has cute nns! It checks all of the boxes in my opinion. I like Immie (I like the [name_f]Imee[/name_f] spelling too) & [name_f]Ginny[/name_f]. But I really like Idgie.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have an [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. She gets called [name_f]Immy[/name_f] and sometimes I jokingly call her [name_u]Genie[/name_u] or Imogenie. Also Imm. She loves her name. It is a fairly common name in Australia - sitting around no. 60 on our top 100 list (and has for over 10 years). That said, I have never met an adult [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and have not had another one at school, kindy or sport. Go for it!

1 Like

Imogen is not one of my favorite names, but as far as whether it could work in the U.S.? Yes, absolutely! She does have some posh British vibes, and I think that just makes her more interesting.

Immy and [name_f]Gen[/name_f] / [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] are definitely wearable nicknames. I’ve also known Imogens with more unusual nicknames such as [name_u]Mo[/name_u] and Moggie (which is apparently slang for kitties, the way “mutt” is for dogs).

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] has really grown on me of late. It’s used more in Australia than the US but I don’t see why that means you couldn’t use it. Imi is such a cute nickname! Idgie is another fun one.

@Namehunter77 [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is just gorgeous! I was surprised to hear it’s in the top 100 here actually, I don’t hear it around that much (which is a great thing!).

I love the name [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]!!! I wish my husband was on board with it, it’s such a sweet and sophisticated and smart and spunky name all at once. I think [name_f]Immy[/name_f] and [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] and [name_f]Gen[/name_f] are totally usable nicknames. I’m in the US as well, and the only issue I forsee you running into is it being mispronounced or misspelled as “[name_f]Imogene[/name_f]”, but I hope that wouldn’t be too much of a barrier.

Oh I love love love [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]. I would name a daughter [name_f]Imogen[/name_f].
It’s gorgeous. [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] is a good nickname I think, I can see the connection, Immie is so cute, I never thought if it

Imogen is fantastic - sweet, charming and literary!
[name_f]Ginny[/name_f] is a great nn!!

I adore [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]! If S/O hadn’t vetoed it, I’d use it in a heartbeat! I don’t think it’d be that unusual to use in [name_u]North[/name_u] [name_u]America[/name_u] to be honest!

I love Imogen it’s beautiful such a gorgeous classic and I love the Immie nickname. Imogen is great. I don’t live in America but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work I think it’s a universal choice

I adore [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] as a nickname is gorgeous. I’d love to see it get more use, here and in the US.

I have an [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]! She’s the only [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] in her class and in her extracurriculars, but it seems to always be well known enough to know how to pronounce it.

We do call her [name_f]Immy[/name_f] sometimes, but for the most part she’s [name_f]Imogen[/name_f].

I live in the US and I’ve met two little Imogens in different parts of the country (I’ve moved around a lot). It definitely works over here. Go for it! It’s a lovely name.

It could definitely work over here!

I love [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]! I always think of the word “imagine” when I look at it and it makes it feel more special to me. I would go for it!

I love [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] too! Would definitely use it on a future daughter, but it is very popular here in the UK anyway. [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] is one of my favourite nicknames, I like [name_f]Immy[/name_f] or [name_f]Imo[/name_f] too.