Impressions of Lilith

What do you think, and what are your reasons behind the opinions?

I know this gets mixed reviews on NB and for a variety of reasons. I’m really starting to like this so I would love to know what impressions it makes on people.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] fyi, [name_f]Lily[/name_f]-type names are not usually my thing so please to not suggest [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] etc. instead! She would be exclusively [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], never [name_f]Lily[/name_f] (Perhaps [name_f]Lil[/name_f] or [name_f]Lilla[/name_f] on occasion).

Honestly, I love it! It is by far my favorite lili- name. So cute and classic yet more uncommon and underused. It’s in that perfect sweet spot of what makes up a good name (at least for me).

I think it’s a pretty name, but it also sounds like a vampire name to me, but that could just be me and I wouldn’t let that stop me from using the name.

I think it’s beautiful sounding but I do get mixed feelings about it because of the history of the name. Personally, I would use it as a middle.

I quite like it, and I’d probably only avoid it if you are an extremely practicing [name_m]Christian[/name_m], as that seems to be where the name gets the most criticism. I do associate it with the biblical story, but don’t see it as a negative name, rather as one of empowerment, but I am not [name_m]Christian[/name_m] so that could sway my view.

I only ever heard the name criticized by practicing/strict Christians.

I really like it. I know the bibical story connection but it doesn’t bother me that much.

I think of the biblical connection and also of [name_m]Frazier[/name_m], which I have never seen, yet somehow know that there was a central character with this name. I guess the name strikes me as aristocratic, intellectual, a little cold, at the same time goddessy, wild, unique, the -ith ending makes it a bit nerd chic. Though it’s not really my style I would be happy to meet a little [name_f]Lilith[/name_f].

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u]!!! Its one of my guilty pleasures. Iam not a fan of [name_f]Lily[/name_f] at all but [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] is absolutley stunning imo.

I like the name a lot but the history of it would probably be enough to sway me from using it. I do heavily weigh meanings though, probably more so than others. I really wanted [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] for our daughter but the meaning/history was enough to keep me from using it.

I love [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]. I think the dark/mysterious air it has is fantastic!

I love it. I associate it with the [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] and all her feminist glory. I too am not a fan of the [name_f]Lily[/name_f] names, but have considered this off and on.

Sorry but I find [name_f]Lily[/name_f] sweeter & easier to say than [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]. I am also reminded of the [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] on [name_m]Frasier[/name_m], who was rather severe, cold & lacking in social skills.

I love [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]! I really like that it has a dark, mysterious image; it gives it more intrigue, and a magical quality too, unlike [name_f]Lily[/name_f] which is just too sweet sounding for me. There’s definitely a lot of strength and feistiness in there too, which is always a good thing. I’m not really bothered about the biblical story, or the fact it’s almost made it the go to name for some “evil” supernatural characters, and I managed to get over the meaning too. In general I like names ending in -th, but I especially love how [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] sounds; it just has a certain je ne sais quoi that really makes me love it.

I love the name [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], it sounds beautiful and I also love that it does have a darker history. In Jewish folklore [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] left [name_m]Adam[/name_m] when she refused to be subservient to him and wouldn’t return to the Garden of [name_u]Eden[/name_u], instead ending up with the archangel Samael. A beautiful and badass name for a little girl who is the equal to any man.

For the most part the sound is quite pretty, if having a bit of a dark vibe, but I really don’t like the association with a demon.

I love it! I have never heard the biblical story, so obviously it doesn’t bother me. I love how it’s such an intriguing name, so mysterious and magical. Loving it!

Thank you all, this really has sold me on [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]!

Based on random anecdotes I’ve seen around Nameberry I was expecting far more criticism of lovely [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], if I’m honest.

So thank you. She’s firmly on my mn list and I’m weighing up [name_f]Lilith[/name_f]/[name_f]Edith[/name_f] in general right now.

It is not my personal favorite because of the “th” sound. It reminds me of a speech impediment, to be perfectly honest.

A feminist name if there ever was one

I think its beautiful. I think the history behind it honestly makes it more intriguing! [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] is on my long girls list and I think its a cool name.