Impressions of Lilith

Technically [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] is more apart of Judaism than Christianity. Apparently there is only one mention of her in the bible in [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] 34:14 (although some translations call her [name_f]Lamia[/name_f] or night creature). I think [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] has an appealing sound although it’s generally not my favorite because I prefer Other [name_f]Lily[/name_f] names.

I love it! Empowering name! If I didn’t prefer [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] I would put it a lot higher on my list!

I already had [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] on a list, but love it even more after reading this :slight_smile:

If you like [name_f]Lilith[/name_f], go for it. [name_m]Just[/name_m] be prepared for some comments.

The only thing I can picture when I hear [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] is a demon-like mistress (and I’m not religious or anything).
For me it’s the same as naming a kid [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] - while it sounds nice and has a great meaning I wish every name had (holder of the light) I feel like there can only be one of them and naming your child that is not entirely appropriate.
I’m sorry don’t mean to offend anybody, that’s just my opinion!

Although [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is pretty, its so popular I like to avoid it! Which is why I think [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] is a lovely variation! That and [name_f]Lillia[/name_f], are my two favourite not-[name_f]Lily[/name_f]-[name_f]Lily[/name_f]-names :stuck_out_tongue:

I was a ‘Goth’ for years as a teenager so the name [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] always reminds me of the song ‘[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] Immaculate’ by ‘Cradle of Filth’

I may be one of the few people who dislike it. To me a demon that murders babies/causes miscarriage isn’t something I want to name my child after. I like some other demon names, but not this one based on principle alone. To each their own though.

I love the name personally and although I have no personal religious affiliation, you may want to consider the religious connotations associated with the name. Quite possibly the same reason you do not see a bunch of [name_m]Lucifer[/name_m] or [name_m]Azrael[/name_m]'s running around (although I from reading the forums seems the names are quite popular…).

That aside - I think it’s beautiful!

I love it. If [name_f]Lily[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilian[/name_f] wasnt so popular it would have been at the top of my list for DD. I am not a [name_m]CHristian[/name_m] so it doesnt affect me one bit. In fact, in my belief [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] is a very powerful, magical, feminist warrior!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! I have no associations about it

I absolutely love [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] and for years wanted to name a child [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. But as time went on my friends slowly convinced me, due to what its associations were, it wasn’t a good idea. I absolutely love it still. I always thought it sounded way better than [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] has a girly but not over girly sound to it and it just sounds like the name of someone who is independent and strong.

I love the name [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] and I would 100% use it if my boyfriend hadn’t already vetoed it. I saw a birth story recently about a baby girl named [name_f]Lilith[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] which I just thought was [name_f]DIVINE[/name_f].