Impressions of these names? Would you want any of these names to be your name?

I like [name]Corinne[/name] and [name]Roslyn[/name] but like some others I prefer [name]Rosalind[/name] or [name]Rosaline[/name], or at least spelled [name]Rosalyn[/name]. (maybe that was a typo)

Regarding the preference for [name]Rosalind[/name]: it sounds like I’m an outlier here, but I am not crazy about how [name]Rosalind[/name] looks written and also was entirely stumped for years on its pronunciation [name]Roslyn[/name] hits that friendly feeling we’re looking for, helps prevent our very informal family from coming across as overly highbrow ([name]Victor[/name] and [name]Rosalind[/name] are great together but not exactly casual!). Also, that spelling brings it very close to [name]Linda[/name] - one grandmother’s name is [name]Linda[/name] and since this will be our last kiddo, we don’t want to give the impression that we are choosing to honor one grandmother over the other. There’s always those little micro factors in every family’s naming process, I find it fascinating! Thanks one last time.

My favorite from your list is [name]Thea[/name]! I also like [name]Corinne[/name].

I wouldn’t mind being named…

[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Luisa[/name] (prefer [name]Louisa[/name] spelling with [name]Victor[/name])
[name]Paulina[/name]
[name]Rosalia[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name]

I wouldn’t like being given the name of…

[name]Nancy[/name] - not only dated but it’s a derogatory term for an effeminate male.
[name]Rosetta[/name] - I think of a stone.
[name]Roslyn[/name] - prefer [name]Rosalind[/name] with [name]Victor[/name]. This looks like another trendy “lyn” name.
[name]Arcadia[/name] - appreciating the mythology doesn’t diminish hearing “arcade” in this name.

I like [name]Linnea[/name] and [name]Arcadia[/name]. My daughter’s name is [name]Arcadia[/name] and we’ve been very happy with it. :slight_smile: My personal feeling is that the term “video arcade” is pretty dated and neither she nor any of her friends will have that connotation…I never think it myself.

[name]Corinne[/name] - love! This is one I really like and would love to wear
[name]Linnea[/name] - lovely! I really like the texture of this name
[name]Paulina[/name] - I like this one. I had a good friend in school named [name]Paula[/name] :slight_smile: I think this one goes beautifully with [name]Victor[/name].
[name]Rosetta[/name] - all I think is [name]Rosetta[/name] [name]Stone[/name]. It’s a pretty sound though, and I slightly prefer it to [name]Rosalia[/name] and [name]Roslyn[/name].
[name]Thea[/name] - okay

[name]Arcadia[/name] - I live near the city of [name]Arcadia[/name] and it also makes me think of an arcade, both of which are weird and not positive connections. It’s a pretty sound though.
[name]Veronica[/name] - meh, I think of [name]Veronica[/name] [name]Mars[/name]. It’s okay, but not one I particularly like. I do like the nn [name]Vera[/name]
[name]Nancy[/name] - sorry, don’t like this one at all. The only positive connection I have is [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Drew[/name], and that’s a bit thin. All the [name]Nancy[/name]'s I know ard 50-60.
[name]Luisa[/name] - meh, I’m not fond of this one

[name]Thea[/name] - It’s okay, not sure if it’s substantial enough next to [name]Victor[/name].
[name]Nancy[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this with [name]Victor[/name]! I don’t think it’s dated as I know an 18 year old [name]Nancy[/name]!
[name]Luisa[/name] - Prefer it as a middle.
[name]Paulina[/name] - It’s okay.
[name]Linnea[/name] - Not really my style.
[name]Rosetta[/name] - Prefer [name]Rosalie[/name].
[name]Rosalia[/name] - Prefer this to [name]Rosetta[/name].
[name]Roslyn[/name] - My favourite out of your [name]Ros[/name] names. I also think it sounds great with [name]Victor[/name].
[name]Veronica[/name] - Too many Vs.
[name]Arcadia[/name] - A little too harsh paired with [name]Victor[/name].
[name]Corinne[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this!

Combos:

[name]Nancy[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Roslyn[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Corinne[/name] [name]Luisa[/name]

I would like to be a [name]Veronica[/name] or [name]Corinne[/name] or [name]Linnea[/name] most. [name]Rosalia[/name] and [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Paulina[/name] I also like.

[name]Thea[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it in English but kind of sounds like tia en Spanish or rhymes with atea, depending on how you pronounce it.
[name]Nancy[/name] - dated
[name]Luisa[/name] - I didn’t used to like it, sounded old fashioned, but it’s really grown on me
[name]Paulina[/name] - boring, I know so many Paulinas
[name]Linnea[/name] -ok
[name]Rosetta[/name] ok
[name]Rosalia[/name]- nice
[name]Roslyn[/name] - I don’t like the spelling
[name]Veronica[/name] - my cousin’s name, [name]Ive[/name] always liked this
[name]Arcadia[/name]- reminds me of arcade
[name]Corinne[/name]- my aunt’s dog was named corinna which is too bad because I really like this name

I’m curious as to how you would pronounce [name]Thea[/name]? I’ve heard it pronounced with the TH- sounding like in teeth or they. I’ve also heard it pronounced [name]Tay[/name]-uh…my niece is a [name]Taya[/name], and I love it :slight_smile:

The names I like on your list are [name]Arcadia[/name], [name]Corinne[/name], and [name]Rosalia[/name].

I would not want the names [name]Nancy[/name], [name]Paulina[/name], [name]Rosetta[/name], [name]Roslyn[/name], and [name]Veronica[/name], especially.

Favorites from your list are [name]Thea[/name], [name]Luisa[/name], [name]Linnea[/name], and [name]Corinne[/name]

Least favorites would be [name]Nancy[/name] and [name]Paulina[/name]

The only one I’d like to be called myself is [name]Corinne[/name] but if [name]Rosalie[/name] was an option I would choose that! I love [name]Rosalia[/name] in theory but if I ask myself would I like to be called that name I think I’d much rather [name]Rosalie[/name]… [name]Rosalia[/name] very pretty though just maybe a little fussy! What a good question!