Impressions of these names?

Apologies in advance, but I’ll be haunting this forum for a while. Always thought I’d be the mom who couldn’t settle on a name until the baby is here but inexplicably, I’ve been feeling the urge to decide his name. Plan is still to have a “backup” name or two. I’m 16 weeks and due on [name_f]December[/name_f] 25th! :christmas_tree:

What vibes, personality, or imagery do these names give you? As simple or detailed as you like, all impressions help.

• [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Callum[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Foster[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Otto[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
1 Like

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] → solid, strong and classic with a hint of adventure

[name_m]Callum[/name_m] → cheerful and gentle

[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] → rugged and breezy, with something slightly storybook about it, but also very cool

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] → sweet, gentle and bubbly, cheerful and fun

[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] → rugged and playful, but also smart and strong

[name_m]Foster[/name_m] → slightly woodsy, slightly nerdy

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] → classic and solid but gentle too

[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] → magical and mystical but grounded and distinctive

[name_m]Otto[/name_m] → gentle, international, quiet but approachable

[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] → rugged, zippy, cool and lovely

1 Like
  • Arthur - strapping, smart, does his own thing

• Callum - outdoorsy, winning smile, won’t sit still

• Cormac - handsome, wry, reliable though also a little aloof

• Felix - bookish, creative, sweet

• Finnegan - musical, friendly but introverted

• Foster - outdoorsy, capable but emotionally hard to pin down

• Henry - handsome, a little entitled but making his own way

• Lorcan - dashing, adventurous, thick, curly dark-hair

• Otto -wealthy, used to finer things, a great host, fun

• Rafferty - winsome, lucky, youngest child energy, even if not youngest child, gets things

1 Like

I love your list!

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]: knightly, natural, mature
[name_m]Callum[/name_m]: calm, youthful, provident
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]: rugged, outdoorsy, mysterious
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]: cheerful, optimistic, sociable
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]: humorous, beachy, handy
[name_m]Foster[/name_m]: shy, attentive, sensitive
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]: ordinary, well-mannered, reputable
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]: adventurous, visionary, curious
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]: classic, stable, resourceful
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]: active, nonchalant, daring

1 Like

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] → royal, vintage, a little mystical

[name_m]Callum[/name_m] → gentle, cool, good-natured

[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] → offbeat, lively, rugged

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] → quirky, international, energetic

[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] → sensitive, vibrant, Irish-adjacent

[name_m]Foster[/name_m] → vintage, occupational, surname-y

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] → sweet, timeless, popular

[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] → crisp, fresh, approachable

[name_m]Otto[/name_m] → energetic, hipster, European

[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] → jaunty, eccentric, mischievous

1 Like

[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - feels both heroic and regal and approachable and healing and maybe a little musical. Probably because my strongest associations are [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], an organist, and a therapist :joy: he feels both gentle and strong.

[name_m]Callum[/name_m] - he feels gentle but also cocky, I feel like I came across some chic flick where the main character loves a [name_m]Callum[/name_m] and he tramples all over her heart. I like [name_m]Callan[/name_m] better for this reason, or [name_m]Calvin[/name_m], but I love the meaning of [name_m]Callum[/name_m]!

[name_m]Cormac[/name_m] - he feels rugged and [name_f]Irish[/name_f] in the most delightful way. I’d love to meet a little [name_m]Cormac[/name_m]! [name_f]Love[/name_f] the nn [name_m]Mac[/name_m] too.

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] - reminds me of the [name_m]Roman[/name_m] ruler in the Bible, who I associate with being wishy washy and sort of without character or moral, which is probably why I never really connected with him. The meaning of [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is lovely, though!

[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] - such a cool name, I like him a lot. I can’t imagine a [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] not being cool. I personally prefer [name_m]Finley[/name_m], [name_m]Finlo[/name_m], and [name_m]Finnian[/name_m], but [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] is so likable, I think he’s really lovely.

[name_m]Foster[/name_m] - I have a berry friend who has a son named Foster… he’s a beautiful kid with a big heart and so courageous. He’s had to overcome a lot… [name_m]Foster[/name_m] makes me smile. I love the idea of foster as a verb, too, it has a lot of lovely associations for me.

[name_m]Henry[/name_m] - so timeless! [name_m]Henry[/name_m] doesn’t have a strong personality to me, since there’s so many of them, but I do love the name. [name_f]My[/name_f] manager has a cute little [name_m]Henry[/name_m], I always love hearing her stories about him. He does have a big personality. The best thing about [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is that he could be anyone.

[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] - ahhh, be still my heart! [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] is one of my very favorite names. In my mind he is intelligent, courageous, selfless and strong. A servant leader. Both gentle and fierce, in the best ways. Passionate. Kind. He makes the whole world better. Goodness is bred in the very heart of who he is. The world needs more Lorcans :heart:

[name_m]Otto[/name_m] - this one is hard for me, my strongest association is from a novel in WWII where [name_m]Otto[/name_m] is a severe, violent, heartless man—when he is introduced. A Nazi in the worst of ways. In the series of novels… he turns out to be a remarkably good man, disguising himself as a ruthless, awful man to hide the amazing things he does for the Jewish underground, and he only appears to be ruthless, he uses his power to protect. I tend to remember [name_m]Otto[/name_m] as the first impression rather than who he ended up being, but an old coworker of mine now has an [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and he is curious and happy and sweet. [name_f]My[/name_f] brain can’t figure out how to see an [name_m]Otto[/name_m] because they’re all so different. It is a fun, unexpected but usable name, though!

[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] - long have I loved [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], he’s quirky and unexpected and delightful. I love the nns [name_m]Rafe[/name_m] and [name_m]Rafa[/name_m]. I would love to meet a little [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]!

[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m], [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m], and [name_m]Foster[/name_m] are my favorites!

Good luck!

1 Like