In need again... I just don't know what to do.

So [name]Paul[/name]‘s ex just keeps going. She’s the friggin’ Energizer [name]Bunny[/name]! She has again said something to [name]Mackenzie[/name] that just should not be said to a child. [name]EVER[/name]. Now on top of it all, she is “friends” with a few of the parents of my students (I’m a fourth grade teacher) and has now been trying to get them involved. I was made aware of this by one of the parents.

Not only is this woman hurting me in my personal life she is trying to ruin my professional life. She as already thrown accusations at the school I work for to keep me monitored around children because I’m a “drug addict”. She is leaving me no choice but to place legal action against her. And I really don’t want to do that because first and for most she is [name]Mackenzie[/name]'s mother… Then again, it may really help my husband gain full custody of his daughter because the table would be turned on his ex in court. And she has things to hide, where I do not.

I am so beyond stressed over all this. I have talked to my lawyer, we have a plan of action. Knowing that at least makes me feel a little better, but I don’t know. I guess I’m just looking for any extra support I can get. And honestly, online friends in cases like this, are better then [name]IRL[/name] friends. You’re able to keep yourself seperated and unbiased.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant… :confused:

• Nari

I read one of your threads a while ago about this and all I can say is WOW…this is such a crazy and unfair situation, and nobody deserves that. Poor little [name]Mackenzie[/name] for being in the middle of all of this. I wish I could say I can’t believe someone would expose their child to that, along with trying to ruin your reputation, but unfortunately I’ve seen some pretty horrible parenting in my life and I know it really, really sucks.

You’re doing absolutely nothing wrong, and I’m so glad you know that. It’s at the point where you have no choice but to use the law against her. She’s slandering you, which is illegal, and it essentially proves that she’s a jealous and insecure person who probably isn’t best suited to have custody over a child. It’s so great that you got a lawyer involved who is going to help you and [name]Paul[/name]. As long as you know you have legal support and the support of your friends, including the support you can find here, I do think everything will work out in your favor. I don’t see how it wouldn’t. But of course this is an extremely stressful situation. She has no business slandering you and trying to turn everyone, even [name]Mackenzie[/name], against you. Of course I understand that as a parent it’s natural to want to be your child’s number one caregiver, but this woman simply isn’t suited for that, and she’s proven it.

jayjoh, thank you for your response. I kind of been stalking your recent thread, but haven’t commented, sorry (I love [name]Romy[/name] and [name]Benny[/name] btw). It’s just good to be reassured. And vent at the same time. I know, unfortunately, that I’m not the only person to have gone through this or any other hardship as a parent or a step parent- That gives me strength, but it really is people like you, in real life and online, that is helping me. [name]Even[/name] just a quick message gives some comfort, so thank you so much!

Aw, thank you! We’re kind of going through a name issue with our girl, but I’m excited about [name]Benny[/name]!

I’m glad to be any help at all. I wish I could really do something to help, but I think you will be okay with the real life support you have since you have the law on your side. But I know it’s so tough. I’ve had issues throughout my life with my own mother (who still doesn’t really know how to be a mother) so I really feel for [name]Mackenzie[/name], although she’s so lucky to have you. But of course you need comfort too! Obviously being an adult doesn’t mean stuff like this shouldn’t affect you. Venting is always a good option, and I’m here if you (or anyone) just need someone to complain to, lol.

[name]Jay[/name]