In need of a girl name fast!!!

Ok so here’s the story…

I have a son named [name]Koen[/name] (18months) his little sister will be her in a month!!! The hubby and I haven’t been able to agree on a name yet. All our names start with the letter “K” so we would like to stay with the theme but finding a unique K girl name is challenging! Here are a few of our ideas Kassidi, [name]Kora[/name], [name]Kallah[/name], [name]Kennedi[/name], [name]Kallie[/name], [name]Kendra[/name], [name]Kendal[/name], and [name]Kinsley[/name] and we can’t agree on any of them.

So I’m hoping for something that’s unique, girly, and goes well with [name]Koen[/name] since they’re so close in age…

PLEASE HELP!!!

We did “K” names too! . So here’s our list from when we were naming our daughter:

[name]Keziah[/name]
[name]Kiara[/name]
Korinna
[name]Karina[/name]
Katriel
[name]Katya[/name]
[name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]Kalila[/name]

Names that contain K but don’t start with K:
[name]Rebekah[/name]
[name]Annika[/name]
[name]Elka[/name]

I find the problem with K names for girls, is that so many start off as C names and look a bit trendy as K names.

[name]How[/name] about one of these?
[name]Kinsey[/name]
[name]Kerry[/name]
[name]Kay[/name]/e
[name]Katya[/name]/[name]Katia[/name]
Kadri
[name]Kai[/name]/[name]Kaia[/name]
Kaiko
[name]Kala[/name]
[name]Kalida[/name]/Kalima/[name]Kalina[/name]
[name]Ketziah[/name]
[name]Kiara[/name]
[name]Kimiko[/name]/[name]Kimika[/name]
Keavy
[name]Keeley[/name]
[name]Kiri[/name]

[name]Koen[/name] and sister…
[name]Kaisa[/name]
[name]Kalliope[/name]
[name]Kallisto[/name]
[name]Kalea[/name] - Hawaiian for “illustrious” (pronounced “ka-[name]LAY[/name]-ah”)
Kamea - Hawaiian for “precious one” (pronounced “ka-[name]MAY[/name]-ah”)
[name]Karenna[/name]
[name]Karina[/name]
[name]Karma[/name]
[name]Kasia[/name] ([name]KASH[/name]-ah)
[name]Katia[/name]
[name]Katrina[/name]
[name]Keeley[/name]
[name]Kelby[/name]
[name]Kelsey[/name]
[name]Klara[/name]
Kielo
[name]Kindle[/name]
[name]Kinga[/name]
[name]Kinsey[/name]
Kipling
[name]Kiran[/name]
[name]Kiri[/name]
[name]Kira[/name] / [name]Kyra[/name]
[name]Kirsten[/name] / [name]Kerstin[/name] / [name]Kirstie[/name]
Kitra
Kreeli
Kura / Kuri
[name]Kyla[/name]
[name]Kylie[/name]
[name]Kyrie[/name] - Greek for “The [name]Lord[/name]” (pronounced “KEE-ree-ay”)

We have pretty different naming styles, but I’ll dissect your list in hopes that a alternative point of view will help!

Since [name]Cohen[/name]/[name]Koen[/name] is a surname name, I’d avoid another surname or unisex name for your daughter so that she’ll have a more “girly” name in comparison. So, to me, [name]Kinsley[/name], [name]Kennedi[/name], Kassidi and [name]Kendal[/name] are out. [name]Kora[/name] is nice, but I think it sounds too similar to [name]Koen[/name] since they’re both 4-letter, 2-syllable names starting with Ko-. [name]Kallah[/name] just looks silly with spelled this way since it’s a word name. So, that leaves [name]Kallie[/name] and [name]Kendra[/name]. Hmm. I think I’d choose [name]Kendra[/name] from your list simply because I think it would grow up better and I know a lot of [name]Callie[/name]'s under 5, which wouldn’t make her name that unique no matter how it’s spelled, you know?

That being said, I really like [name]Keira[/name] or [name]Kaia[/name] for you. [name]Thay[/name] are lovely, girly, short K names that sound different than [name]Koen[/name]. [name]Karina[/name] is also really pretty, and I think [name]Karli[/name] would work, too.

So, how about…
[name]Koen[/name] and [name]Keira[/name]
[name]Koen[/name] and [name]Kaia[/name] *
[name]Koen[/name] and [name]Karina[/name]
[name]Koen[/name] and [name]Karli[/name]

*[name]Love[/name] this so much!

Good luck!

My first thought was [name]Kaia[/name]!

my dd is [name]Kaia[/name] and I absolutely love it!!! :slight_smile:

what about [name]Kiana[/name]? it’s the Hawaiian version of [name]Diana[/name] so it’s a nice way to honor a [name]Diane[/name] or [name]Diana[/name] if you know one :slight_smile:

I was going to suggest [name]Kiana[/name]/[name]Kianna[/name], too! It’s my daughter’s name (with 2 n’s, Key-on-na) and we’ve only run into a few others over the last fifteen years or so. We were told by a Hawaiian [name]Kiana[/name] that it meant “princess” in Hawaiian, which is completely appropriate for her. I hadn’t heard that it was a version of [name]Diana[/name] before - maybe a pronunciation difference? - but trust me, she still thinks the meaning works. (What teenager wouldn’t?) :lol:

So my suggestions with [name]Koen[/name]:

[name]Kianna[/name]/[name]Kiana[/name] (key-on-na)
[name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Kyla[/name] ([name]Kylie[/name] is popular, but I haven’t seen any [name]Kyla[/name]'s lately)
[name]Kiara[/name] (key-ar-ra)
[name]Kiera[/name] (kier-ra)
[name]Kyra[/name] (ky-ra)

[name]How[/name] about [name]Kaiya[/name]! I goes well with your sons name, and it is also nice and girly :slight_smile: Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Kaia[/name]

[name]Kenzie[/name]

[name]Kenna[/name]

[name]Kaya[/name]

[name]Karina[/name]

[name]Karys[/name]

I agree that a lot of K names look like they started as C names.

[name]Katherine[/name] nn [name]Kat[/name]
[name]Karissa[/name]
[name]Kendall[/name]
[name]Kimber[/name]/[name]Kimberly[/name]
Kierney

My BFF is [name]Carissa[/name] [name]Lynne[/name], nn [name]Carly[/name].

[name]Kelsey[/name]

I know a wonderful woman named [name]Kaycia[/name] (pron. [name]Kay[/name]-sha) and I love that name! Like the tree [name]Acacia[/name].

[name]Kaylin[/name]
[name]Karson[/name]/[name]Karsyn[/name]
[name]Karly[/name]
[name]Karlyn[/name]
[name]Karina[/name]
[name]Kinley[/name]
Kensey
[name]Kenzie[/name]
[name]Keziah[/name] (love this one!!!)
[name]Kanya[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Kristen[/name], [name]Kristina[/name]
[name]Kourtney[/name]
[name]Khloe[/name]
[name]Kimberly[/name]
[name]Kylie[/name]
[name]Kendall[/name]
[name]Kelsey[/name]
Kella
[name]Keldon[/name]
[name]Kolette[/name]
[name]Kameron[/name]/[name]Kamryn[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]
Kipling
[name]Kassandra[/name]

[name]Kitana[/name]
Kerigan
[name]Kina[/name]

sorry if these names were already posted

Not sure if it’s your style, but I really love the name [name]Kalindi[/name]. It’s way underrated, [name]IMO[/name].

Best of luck!

[name]Kaye[/name],

Make sure you tell us which name you choose! I can’t wait for [name]Baby[/name] K to be born!!

[name]Veronica[/name] V.

Kambrie / Kambria is always an option. Can be spelled with a C or K .