In need of a name for a race of people

So I have a character in this new story I’m writing and she as well as one other character was born with ancient runes all over her skin. These Ancient runes give them powers. But these ancient runes I’m thinking are something like ancient Greek, ancient [name_m]Roman[/name_m] or maybe ancient Egyptian runes.

No these characters are not shadowhunters. Because while the runes do give them powers like shadowhunters, they weren’t born to fight demons and not all of the people in these character’s race have been born with runes.

And the runes that these two characters were born with, give them more superpowers than shadowhunter demon fighting powers. They also don’t burn the runes onto their skin with a stele. The runes are on them the second they’re born and can’t ever come off or be put on another who wasn’t born with them.

For a little more information about them and their rune skin, there is a legend that their race believes to be true. That legend is that whoever is born with these runes are said to have been gifted with them from the gods that gifted them with the runes (that being the Greek, [name_m]Roman[/name_m] or Egyptian gods that the runes came from; like I said I’m still deciding what kind of ancient runes they are and where they came from).

I am completely stuck on what I should name this race. Also the two characters that were born with the runes have no idea what they are or what they do yet. So I’m hoping my fellow writers could help me give their race a name!

1 Like

It’s difficult to help with a name without knowing a little more about them. What’s their world and lifestyle like? Are they human in appearance, apart from some having rune markings? [name_f]Do[/name_f] they live alongside other races - do they live on [name_f]Earth[/name_f]? That sort of thing.

2 Likes

They are human looking in appearance, yes. They live alongside with humans on [name_f]Earth[/name_f]. There is another legend told among the average humans that this race is actually from another planet in space that is not apart of their solar system and that, that’s partly why they were born with runes.

But for now they’re human-looking that live on [name_f]Earth[/name_f] with humans

1 Like

I shall have a think!

Alrighty! I appreciate it!

Here’s a few ideas.

Kerschinn coming from kers the root word giving us carry and schinn reminiscent of skin (to carry [runes] on the skin).

Habrun (from the etymoloy of ‘have’ and ‘rune’)

Keuskin (from Proto-Indo-European keu meaning to see/observe/perceive)

Kueflesk (see on the flesh)

Kuebodig (see on the body)

I hope this helps. Good luck with your story.

1 Like