In need of name advice!

See the results of this poll: Which name?

Respondents: 55 (This poll is closed)

• Violet Matilda : 7 (13%)
  • Alice Helena : 14 (25%)
  • Isla Felicity : 7 (13%)
  • Jasper Felix : 7 (13%)
  • Leo Atticus/Everett : 8 (15%)
  • Hugo Alexander : 7 (13%)
  • Oliver _____: 5 (9%)

[name]Love[/name] the way [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] sounds!!

I voted for [name]Alice[/name] [name]Helena[/name]-- so gorgeous!-- and [name]Leo[/name]. All of your choices are great, though. [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] seem to be getting more trendy, though, and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] sounds celebrity-baby inspired. I do love the combo of [name]Isla[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]. [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Leo[/name], and [name]Oliver[/name] are three of my favorite boy’s names, but I voted for [name]Leo[/name] because it sounds best with [name]Griffin[/name] (though [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] also sounds great). I don’t like the repeating G sounds of [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Griffin[/name].

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Ignatius[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Evander[/name]

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Julian[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Milo[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]

I love your list, what beautiful names! It was really hard for me to just pick one of each, because they are all great. I chose [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] though. [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] has a great ring to it. [name]How[/name] about [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Anton[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Simon[/name], or [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Hugo[/name]? [name]Alice[/name] [name]Helena[/name] or [name]Alice[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] would be beautiful. I also love [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Felix[/name], such a nice combo!

[name]Hi[/name]! I love your list! :slight_smile:

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] (Oh! Darn! N ending…I love [name]Leo[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]!)
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]

(Sorry for repeats!)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

A lot of people have brought up the fact that one of our favorite combos, [name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], sounds very celeb-inspired. We’ve loved this combo forever and it hasn’t been influenced at all by celebrities’ choices of baby names. [name]Do[/name] you think that it’s a problem, though, that both names are very popular amongst celebs?

[name]Hugo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] is absolutely wonderful - that would be my choice for a boy.

[name]Violet[/name] is by far my favorite from your list for a girl. As for [name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], I didn’t notice the celebrity thing right away, but that’s probably because I don’t really follow celebrity gossip. What I did notice about this combo, though, is that there are a lot of hard sounds (mainly the prominent t’s in both names). I much prefer [name]Violet[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Griffin[/name].

Ohhh I just love [name]Alice[/name] [name]Helena[/name], this is so gorgeous!

As for the boy I adore [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name].

[name]Luke[/name] and [name]Abby[/name],

Good to hear from you again!

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]

I think [name]Violet[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] is beautiful, but [name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] - though lovely - seems a bit, well, I don’t know. Firstly, it seems very celebrity inspired, what with [name]Violet[/name] Affleck and [name]Matilda[/name] Ledger, but that really shouldn’t be too big of a deal with a middle name. Maybe it seems to vintage to me. I don’t know! I think that something like [name]Violet[/name] [name]Cara[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Emma[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Frances[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] would be ideal, however - I love a three-syllable first name with a two-syllable middle name for you!

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Helena[/name] is absolutely gorgeous! Really, I adore it - I just love the name [name]Helena[/name] [I say it HEH-leh-nah] so, so much! I love it so much I might even recommend it as a first name! [name]Helena[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Helena[/name] [name]Faye[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Helena[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Helena[/name] [name]Joy[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], or even something longer like [name]Helena[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] would be so stunning for you!

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] is cute, but [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Felicity[/name] feel very off in style to me - they don’t ‘match’ one another. And, for me, most middle names with [name]Isla[/name] sound like “[name]Isle[/name] of…,” which always bugs me. It takes a lot of planning to find a great middle name for [name]Isla[/name], it seems! [name]Isla[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] is one of my favorites…

Honestly, if I were you, I’d use [name]Helena[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Emma[/name] for future girls. They compliment one another very well and are both beautiful, vintage choices!

[name]Jasper[/name] [name]Felix[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] _____
[name]Hugo[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] _____

Off the bat, I’m going to say - again - that [name]Jasper[/name] just isn’t a name I personally care for. Thus, I can’t really recommend it. However, if you love it, that’s really all that matters! I’d use it as a middle name, personally. Another thing - I really don’t like the sound of [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], despite the fact that I adore [name]Hugo[/name]! [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] feels very G-heavy, and almost clumsy, to me…

Luckily, I love - love, love, love! - both [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name], but especially [name]Oliver[/name]! You could do something like [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Hugo[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], if you really love [name]Hugo[/name], but other choices could include [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Douglas[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Edmond[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Francis[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Henry[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Rupert[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Russell[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], or [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]. For [name]Leo[/name], maybe something like [name]Leo[/name] [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Leo[/name] [name]Christopher[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Leo[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Leo[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Leo[/name] [name]Reginald[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Leo[/name] [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], and [name]Leo[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Griffin[/name].

If I were you, I think I’d pick [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Rupert[/name] [name]Griffin[/name], but I am in love with [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Samuel[/name] as well. As for Mr. [name]Leo[/name], I’m liking [name]Leo[/name] [name]Frederick[/name], [name]Leo[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name], and even [name]Leo[/name] [name]Benedict[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]!

So, what would I use? Again, my sibling set of four would be [name]Helena[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Emma[/name], [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name], and [name]Leo[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]! I’ll add [name]Alice[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] [name]Benedict[/name] in as runners-up…

Take care!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the input! You guys have no idea of how much you’ve helped us :slight_smile:

We’re still not sure on the middle names. What do you think of…

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Helena[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] (pronounced hel-AY-nah)
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]

[name]Alice[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]

[name]Leo[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]Griffin[/name]

We absolutely love all the girl names, and whatever one we don’t pick for this baby will be used for the next girl, but we’re still kind of iffy on the boy names–there’s just none that we love as much as our girl names.

[name]Do[/name] you have any suggestions on other names we’d like?

I think [name]Isla[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] has a beautiful sound. [name]Isla[/name] [name]Felicity[/name] is my favorite, but I also like [name]Isla[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]!

For a boy, [name]Felix[/name] is my favorite, but I also like [name]Oliver[/name].

I think that [name]Leo[/name] [name]Griffin[/name] is a little too “lion” heavy with [name]Leo[/name] meaning lion and [name]Griffin[/name] being a mythological beast that is half lion.

Good luck!

I voted for [name]Alice[/name] [name]Helena[/name] and [name]Leo[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] ([name]LOVE[/name]! this is what I want to name a boy some day!!) Your others are nice, too (I really like [name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]…but [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Violet[/name] flows better, in my opinion), but [name]Alice[/name] & [name]Leo[/name] just stick out!!

Oh my gosh–I didn’t even think about that! [name]Do[/name] you think that this is a problem?

Oh my gosh–I didn’t even think about that! [name]Do[/name] you think that this is a problem?[/quote]

I think maybe only 1% of people would make that connection. I didn’t and that’s usually the kind of thing I notice. It would make a cute nursery decorating motif.