In need of some name ideas.

Hello, berries. I’m too early to know if I’m expecting a girl or a boy but we already know that if it’s a boy, he’s gonna be [name_u]James[/name_u]. I really want some girl name suggestions to go with our last name [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m]. I will take anything but [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and all its variations as I’m [name_f]Julietta[/name_f] and don’t want my child to have basically the same name as me. My husband doesn’t want to help because, in his words, he can’t even name a pet so he won’t try to name a child. He’ll just agree or disagree with whatever I show him, so help me here, please. I’ll put a list of my favorite names and nicknames for the ones I can think of and I would love if you guys could tell me your favorites and/or suggest some because I really don’t want to name my child and then hear a name on the streets and go like “why didn’t i think of this one?”. Anyway, here are mine:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]: Can’t really decide which one I prefer but I honestly don’t think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] will match as [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m] has too many “eye” sound and flow is really important to me. Nicknames: [name_f]Liz[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]El[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f] or [name_f]Elsie[/name_f].
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]: Could go by [name_u]Mattie[/name_u], [name_f]Tilda[/name_f], [name_f]Tillie[/name_f].
[name_f]Mattea[/name_f]: Also [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] and [name_u]Tay[/name_u].
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]: I only think of [name_f]Bree[/name_f] as a nn.
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]: No nn needed, I also don’t think it matches my last name but I thought listing it would help with those of you who are willing to suggest some names.
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]: Very populat, but for a reason, I love this name too much. Chlo or any Chlo-something like Chlo-bear which I thinks is extremely lovely.
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]: [name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], [name_f]Maya[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Lilo[/name_f], [name_f]Milly[/name_f] and everything else. This names has a lot of nicknames in it. I also [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f].
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]: An old favourite of mine, I don’t know if I like [name_f]Elena[/name_f] or [name_f]Helena[/name_f] more. [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], Laynie, [name_f]Lena[/name_f].
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]: I just added this name on my list a couple of days ago, such a shame I never heard it before. [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] or [name_f]Ella[/name_f] are the best nn’s I can think of.

I’m gonna stop here before I write a book. There’s a couple of buts in it tho. First: As I said, no [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or related names because of mine. Also, not [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] or anything related because I may love the character [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] “[name_f]Cathy[/name_f]” [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m], but I don’t want to name my baby as a character I love. Second: We do have the option of choosing the last name, as my husband has two ([name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] and [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m]) and I took both of them, I have a thing for [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m] because it is not as common as [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] but I also find it beautiful, we’re more likely to use [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m] as I think it’s way more unique (Never met anyone besides my husband’s family with the name, as for [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m], I see all the time), but if you want to try and match a name with [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] as well, I’m all ears. Thank you so so so much!

Most of your names are on my list of baby names and I’m also considering using them, so congratulations, you have good taste haha. For [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m], I would go with [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] or [name_f]Mattea[/name_f] (and if you use [name_u]Mattie[/name_u] as a nickname, it would sound a lot like [name_f]Cathy[/name_f] [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m] without being the actual name, I also love the last five years and I would totally take this chance), I think it clicks. For [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m], I would go with [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] or [name_f]Luella[/name_f]. I never met a [name_f]Luella[/name_f] in person and it’s just oh so sweet. What is the name you go by? I also have double last name and I always go by the latter, so you should consider ir. Are you Mr/Mrs [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m] or [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]? If it’s [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m], great! If it’s [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m], I think it would be better if you used this one so there’s no confusion.

I really like [name_f]Elise[/name_f] nn [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] from your list. ([name_f]Elisa[/name_f] would also be cute.) I like that it is serious with a cute nickname option. Second favorite is [name_f]Elena[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lainie[/name_f] (I prefer [name_f]Elena[/name_f] to [name_f]Helena[/name_f]).

Other ideas:

[name_f]Adelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ilaria[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Liana[/name_f]/[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]/[name_f]Luciana[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]

I love the [name_f]Cathy[/name_f] reference with the nickname [name_u]Mattie[/name_u], I haven’t though of this. We usually go by [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m] as it’s [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m] and people always go by the last. Thank you!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], and thank you so much! I love those “cute” names that are super popular now, for example, I love [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], but I can’t see a grown woman with the name, it just doesn’t work for me, that’s why I looked for names that sound a little more serious to me and that I can work a cute/adorable nickname out of it. [name_f]Juliana[/name_f] is a no no to me, still too close to my name, but I actually really like [name_f]Adelina[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Liana[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] is also very very beautiful. Thank you for your suggestions. :smile:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]: I agree with your opinion, though they would match better with [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m].
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]: nms personally
[name_f]Mattea[/name_f]: this one is a bit out there for me
[name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]: I see this as way overused, along with [name_f]Audrey[/name_f].
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]: This is also popular, but not as overused as [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] imo. I like this name. [name_f]Coco[/name_f] is one of my favorite nn’s!
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]: nms, see it as overused.
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]: I prefer [name_f]Helena[/name_f]! It’s so much more unique without being too out there.
[name_f]Luella[/name_f]: don’t love this, it makes me think of an old lady for some reason

With that in mind, perhaps you would like these:
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f] - kind of a mix between [name_f]Maya[/name_f], [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] to me, plus your love for [name_f]Emilia[/name_f].
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] - reminds me of [name_f]Maya[/name_f], but better fitting to [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] - a little fancier than [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], along the same feel as [name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] - same as [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] - similar to [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] and [name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - same old-fashioned vintage vibe as [name_f]Luella[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] - cutesy name like [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/[name_f]Leonore[/name_f]/[name_f]Leonora[/name_f] - vintage vibe
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f] - similar to [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], but with a more melodic sound
[name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] - a more unique version of [name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] - vintage vibe
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]/[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]/[name_f]Lilith[/name_f] - vintage vibe
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]/[name_f]Lucia[/name_f] - vintage vibe, but also the cutesy factor
[name_f]Mia[/name_f] - more workable with [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m] than [name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u] - upbeat name like [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] - more classic, vintage vibe
[name_f]Sadie[/name_f] - classic yet upbeat
[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] - along the classy lines like [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] and [name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]/[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Estella[/name_f] - another way to get those cute “ella” nicknames

My favorites are [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f] [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m], and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]/[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_m]Hiatt[/name_m]. For [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m], I like [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] a lot. I think that’s really cute. [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]! [name_m]How[/name_m] adorable is that? [name_u]Piper[/name_u] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m] is really cute too.

I like [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] best with your last name :slight_smile:

[name_m]Reading[/name_m] your suggestions got me thinking “Why didn’t I consider these names before?” I love every single one of them, thank you so much!

Thank you so much!

I absolutely love [name_f]Mattea[/name_f]! So so beautiful, I think you have your name right there :). But I know what you mean, you want to explore all the options there are so you are completely settled and happy that you’ve found the perfect name for you. [name_m]Just[/name_m] a few more ideas, you have already got so many gorgeous suggestions-
[name_f]Diana[/name_f], [name_f]Angelina[/name_f], [name_f]Elisa[/name_f], [name_f]Faith[/name_f], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Linnea[/name_f], [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

Thank you so much! Loved a bunch of your suggestions.

[name_f]Janis[/name_f] [name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]-[name_m]Hiatt[/name_m] sounds kinda cool to me. Uhhhh other suggestions:

[name_u]Kari[/name_u]
Roselia
[name_f]Sabra[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamara[/name_f]

Thank you! I love how you suggested [name_f]Effie[/name_f], I love it but it seems too much of a nn to me, i love it as a nickname for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Efigenia[/name_f].