In”z/In”s

So DH finally sat down and started seriously thinking about names (amidst laughing hysterically at some of the really wacky ones out there). He pointed out In”z which really surprised me because he usually likes longer frillier names for girls. He is of Mexican heritage so the Latina vibe works for us. [name]Just[/name] wondering about your thoughts for the name on a little girl. I like it, but I’m just not sure I can picture a little one running around with that name.

I also can’t decide if I like In”z or In”s better.

For middle names I was thinking of honoring either his mom ([name]Rosalinda[/name]) or my grandma ([name]Johanna[/name]).

Thanks for your input!!

I can see what you mean about [name]Inez[/name] being hard to picture on a little girl. I think it’s very pretty, though. I definitely prefer the z spelling. Nicknames could be Innie or [name]Izzie[/name].

There is a cute little 3-yr-old [name]Ines[/name] at the mothers-day-out that [name]Phoebe[/name] goes to. She is a twin to [name]Joaquin[/name] and I believe that their mother is from South American descent. It is very different from any other names that I come into comtact with at the school, but no one seems to have any trouble with it.
Personally, I prefer the [name]Inez[/name] spelling, because I think it is more familiar, although maybe it would lead people to say I-nez rather than In-nez.

[name]Hi[/name]! I like the name [name]Ines[/name]/[name]Inez[/name] a lot. I will disagree with the posters above and put my vote with [name]Ines[/name]. It looks softer and its the traditional spelling of the name, I believe (though both are equally acceptable, I think [name]Inez[/name] is the Portuguese spelling). Because [name]Ines[/name] is an older name and has a more musty image I think having a good nickname is important, you could get [name]Izzy[/name] but I’m very fond of [name]Nessie[/name]. [name]Ines[/name] [name]Rosalinda[/name] is absolutely gorgeous. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

Thanks for the replies! [name]Do[/name] you guys have any other suggestions for middle names? I’m not sold on the family names we have to choose from, and we didn’t use any family names for our DD ([name]Juliette[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]), so it’s not really that important to me.

I’m not as good at suggesting names as some other berries, but your elder daughter’s name is so feminine and lovely, that I think you need a very lush, feminine name to give [name]Ines[/name]/z the same feeling. Off the top of my head, something like

[name]Inez[/name] [name]Mirabella[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Inez[/name] [name]Viviana[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Inez[/name] [name]Alessandra[/name]

Phoebesmom - I totally agree about finding something feminine to give [name]Inez[/name] a little softer feel. I like [name]Gabriella[/name] in the middle spot – I have a hard time with that one as a first name because I don’t like the [name]Gabbie[/name]/[name]Gaby[/name] nicknames.

Anyone else out there with some suggestions for us?

Thanks so much!

I think In”s is lovely, and I really like it with [name]Juliette[/name]. I prefer the S spelling over the Z spelling because it’s not as harsh looking. It also reminds me of ‘nez’, like the French word for nose, but that’s probably just me. The accent mark might be a hassle to live with, though-- it’ll get dropped on anything other than official documents.

[name]Ines[/name] [name]Valentina[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Emilia[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Melisande[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Clarissa[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Rosalia[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Catharina[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Sophronia[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Ines[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name]

Hey berries,

I’m still thinking about these names. I read somewhere online that someone said they worried about teasing because it could rhyme with penis. :? Does anyone else see that association?

(We would pronounce it with the Spanish pronunciation “ee-NEZ”)