• [name_m]Julian[/name_m] [name_m]Nemo[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Corentin[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Corentin[/name_m] [name_m]Julius[/name_m]

0 voters

[name_m]Julian[/name_m]/[name_m]Julien[/name_m] is an important surname on my maternal line and “[name_u]Jule[/name_u]” was a nickname for my 2nd great grandmother. Including some form of the Jul- names will likely be my top honor consideration for our final child. Which combos here do you love? Other suggestions welcome! [name_f]My[/name_f] 2 sons’ names are included in my name card, so take a click if you don’t know them.

Thanks, Berries!

[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u], [name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_m]Julien[/name_m] and [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] are fantastic

1 Like

I LOVE [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_m]Julius[/name_m], [name_m]Julian[/name_m], and [name_m]Julien[/name_m]. However, I’m not sure how usable [name_u]Jule[/name_u] is today. As a college age person I immediately think [name_f]Juul[/name_f] (as in the nicotine vaping device) and I think most people around my age would hear that too.

[name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_m]Julian[/name_m] is undeniably cool!

So many!

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal faves are [name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m], [name_u]Idris[/name_u] [name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_m]Severin[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_u]Taliesin[/name_u] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and [name_m]Corentin[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u](s), but you have so many great options here.

With your boys, I favour the more elaborate first names. [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m] [name_u]Jule[/name_u], [name_m]Severin[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_m]Ferdinand[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u], [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] and [name_m]Corentin[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] would be my picks with sibset cohesion in mind.

1 Like

Wow, [name_m]Endymion[/name_m] [name_u]Jules[/name_u] sounds like the perfect brother for your boys!
I also voted for [name_m]Ulysses[/name_m], [name_m]Corentin[/name_m] and [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m].

1 Like

Welp, I clearly chose the wrong option for the graph (pie chart instead of bar chart, though perhaps it is simply a matter of too many names) as this was my first time running a poll with the new interface. We’ll get there, as there will plenty more where this came from. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Perhaps I need to post about this question specifically at a later point, but do people generally feel [name_u]Jules[/name_u] to be too insubstantial to be used as a first alongside his brothers? Or is it short and looks a tad scant but holds its own in terms of imagery, association, and style such that it wouldn’t be a problem with one of these longer, more substantive middle name options?

Haha, you made me feel so old. I’m aware of [name_f]Juul[/name_f] from vaping news but had not made this connection or viewed it as problematic whatsoever. Not sure it is enough to throw me off the name, but thanks for bringing it to my attention as it is worth considering how that might change perception now/in the future.

@elanorelle, undeniably cool, indeed. Not originally my combo as it was in someone’s sig at one point but I don’t remember whose… if anyone can help me out, I’d be grateful to know.