Indecisive mom to be needs help!! Harlow??

Hello, my name is [name]Megan[/name] and I just cannot settle on a name! I am very indecisive and am constantly going back and forth.

One name that has seemed to stick in my mind is [name]Harlow[/name]. I absolutely love the name but worry about the [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Madden[/name]/[name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name] association. I don’t want people to think I used the name just because I like [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name] (which I really don’t), I just love the name. [name]Do[/name] you all think it is a big deal??

Some other names I am considering are: [name]Annabel[/name], Anastyn, Lexiana (love the nn [name]Lexi[/name] but [name]Alexis[/name] and [name]Alexa[/name] are far too popular), [name]Sailor[/name], [name]Kaia[/name], and [name]Quinn[/name](considering Quinnleigh or Quinnley so it is more feminine).
I am very open to suggestions, but I do not want my daughter to be one of 3 or 4 in her class, so uniqueness is very important to me.

Another issue I have been having is with middle names. My mother really wants me to use the middle name [name]Marie[/name], because it is my mn, her mn, and both of my grandmothers mn. I like the idea of carrying on the tradition, but would also like to be a little different. So I’ve been thinking about using two middle names. One name that I like right now is [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. [name]Sophia[/name] has been my favorite name for years but unfortunately I cannot use it because of its popularity :frowning:

Anyway, I look forward to your feedback! I’m sorry this is so long but thank you for reading :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Harlow[/name], in fact I was set on naming my first daughter [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Dacy[/name] [name]Shae[/name]. However, I discovered that [name]Harlow[/name] was the only name of that particular style that I like. I decided I like [name]Lucia[/name] better because I like names like [name]Olivia[/name] too, which is more similair in style.

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Megan[/name], and welcome to namberry! Naming a baby is a big deal, so don’t be hard on yourself for having a hard time choosing. :slight_smile: You’ll find the perfect name for your baby!

[name]Harlow[/name] isn’t my style, but I do personally associate it with [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name]'s baby girl. That said, if you love it and aren’t bothered by the association, then go for it!

[name]Annabel[/name]: The classic [name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name] is one of my personal favorites, despite it’s gainging popularity. I think it’s elegant and perky at the same time. :slight_smile: [name]Annabel[/name] gets my vote!

Anastyn: I have to be completely honest and say that this name is very trendy and, well, not very classy. :frowning: Yooneek spellings don’t make a name unique, but are very downmarket and guarantee your child a lifetime of having to correct people’s spelling. In addition to this, this name, even when spelled correctly, is 100% [name]Jennifer[/name] Aniston to me, and I’m guessing I’m not alone.

Lexiana: An invented name that possesses the qualities I wrote about Anastyn. :frowning:

What about: [name]Audriana[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], [name]Mariana[/name], [name]Viviana[/name], [name]Liliana[/name]…

[name]Sailor[/name]: It’s not my style, but I think it’s much better than Anastyn and Lexiana…

[name]Kaia[/name]: [name]Kaia[/name] is too trendy for my taste, but I rank it second behind [name]Annabel[/name].

[name]Quinn[/name]: I think [name]Quinn[/name] could be a good choice for you if you’re looking for a unisex name.

Quinnleigh/Quinnley: See Anastyn. The spellings and invented nature of the names don’t make it more feminine, but do make it severely trendy and downmarket.

Perhaps you’d like the surname [name]Quincy[/name]?

Classic/Vintage names:

[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] (nn [name]Rory[/name])
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] (EZ-may)
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Gemma[/name] (not classic/vintage, but I think it’s pretty…It’s “[name]Jem[/name]-ma”)
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] (eye-la)
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name] (alternative to [name]Marie[/name])
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] (Irish name…)
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Trendy:
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Blakeley[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name] (Irish, not trendy, but has that feel)
[name]Camden[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Marin[/name]/[name]Maren[/name] (not trendy, but not classic/vintage)
[name]Marlo[/name] (alternative to [name]Harlow[/name])
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Sutton[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name] (Irish, and a Hollywood alternative to [name]Harlow[/name])

I see that popularity/trendiness is an issue for you (the classic [name]Sophia[/name]), so you may want to consider that surnames as first names for girls is very, very trendy. Some surnames feel trendier than others, but the last-names-first thing is indeed a trend.

I wish you the best! :slight_smile:

I like the name [name]Harlow[/name] and didn’t even make the [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name] association immediately. [name]Marlow[/name] is also a good name with no trendy backlash. Also, keep in mind that [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name] and her daughter are in the news right now, but in five years, I’m betting she will not be a household name. This name will be with your baby forever and you shouldn’t give it up because of her.

Wow [name]Jill[/name] thank you so much for your advice!! I really appreciate you giving me your opinion on all the names I listed, and you suggested some great names! You have given me quite a lot to think about :slight_smile: I am definitely beginning to agree with you about both Anastyn and Quinnley/leigh. I think Anastyn will long be associated with [name]Jennifer[/name] regardless of the spelling, which is unfortunate because I do think it is a pretty name when you say it! Anyway I will be going over the names you gave me much more closely, thank you again!!

Called_herself_lil, you made such a great point! Hopefully you are right, and [name]Nicole[/name] and her daughter won’t be in the news in 5 years, while like you said the name and baby will be with me forever. Thank you!! [name]Marlow[/name] is also cute and something to think about!

I’m sorry, but [name]Harlow[/name] sounds like Harlot or Harlequin romances. maybe she won’t get teased, kids are probably more familiar with Harlequin from the Batman cartoon, the Joker’s crazy sexy sidekick.
[name]Harley[/name] is a cute nn

[name]Harlow[/name] is pretty, but I think you will definitely have people assuming you picked it because of [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Ritchie[/name].

I think [name]Quinn[/name] is the perfect name for a little girl (I know of an 8 year old one) and plenty feminine without being extended.

I personally love the name [name]Harlow[/name]. I dont think that by the time [name]Harlow[/name] is in school (at least later elementary school) [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name] will even be on the radar anymore. So i think that if its a name you love, go with it, and i think it will still be unique. I also think that it is unique but isn’t made up or creatively spelled. And it seems like [name]Harlow[/name] is your favorite and first choice. If nothing else, use it for a middle name. But i think it makes a great first :slight_smile:

I like [name]Harlow[/name], and I would use it even though I can’t stand [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name]. But I would second the vote for [name]Marlow[/name]/[name]Marlo[/name] if you’re that concerned about the [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name] connection.

[name]Kaia[/name] is another that I really like. [name]Jill[/name], I’m curious why you’ve said (a couple of times now) that it’s trendy and popular. It’s been around 600-1000 on the SSA list for almost 10 years. Maybe it’s a popular name where you live? [name]Even[/name] going by [name]Kaia[/name]/[name]Kaya[/name], it’s not all that popular.

From your list, I also like [name]Quinn[/name], and would suggest [name]Lexi[/name] rather than Lexiana.

One of my favs at the moment is [name]Marlowe[/name], you might consider that as an option in place of [name]Harlow[/name]. The thing I can’t get passed with [name]Harlow[/name] is that I think Harlot, like another poster said earlier. [name]Marlowe[/name] maybe a great option for you, though.

From your list, my fav would be [name]Annabelle[/name], but it’s a very different feel from [name]Harlow[/name]. Have you considered [name]Annaliese[/name]?

Other Thoughts:
[name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Grier[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]

Who cares if someone famous named thier kid [name]Harlow[/name]! I [name]LOVE[/name] it! And I love the full name that you came up with [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]…This is your instinct and I say GO WITH IT !!! It’s a very beautiful name! Wish I had thought of it!!!

I agree wtih the previous poster that [name]Harlow[/name] reminds me of Harlot. However, [name]Marlowe[/name] is a favorite of mine right now. That might be a great substitute that solves both the popularity and the similar sound issue! Other thoughts (favs are 'd):
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Ainsley[/name]

[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Grier[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]*
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]*

[name]Harlow[/name] is beautiful. It was my first choice for our baby (until he came out a boy!). Except for name-o-philes and celebrity watchers, hardly anybody knows about [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name] (let alone the names of her off spring). And nobody will know about her two or three years from now. Your [name]Harlow[/name] will be yours alone.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Megan[/name],

I have to say I agree with [name]Jill[/name]. I don’t really like [name]Harlow[/name] at all. It reminds me first of [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name] and second of [name]Harlow[/name] in [name]Essex[/name], UK which is a pretty horrible town. (I am from the UK). It’s too trendy for my tastes as are your others except [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name]. I think a trendy name dates quickly: I’m sure we can all think of examples of these.
I love all [name]Jill[/name]'s other classic/ vintage suggestions. I think this type of name sounds much better in future years.
Having said that, a lot of other people on here seem to love it and if you really do too, go for it!
Gd luck!!

I really like [name]Kaia[/name] and I really like [name]Harlow[/name]. I think i might like [name]Kaia[/name] better, but I think that [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Marie[/name] sounds lovely, as does [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Kaia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. best of luck! :slight_smile:

I have to admit that I don’t really like the name [name]Harlow[/name]. But if you love it, that’s what’s important.

I love the name [name]Harlow[/name]!

[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Avery[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Jade[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Esme[/name] (ez-may)
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] (A-mel-ey) my fave!
[name]Harlow[/name] [name]Sofia[/name]

I feel you need a feminine girly name after [name]Harlow[/name] because [name]Harlow[/name] is a unisex name gorg for boys nd girls but thats just my thought hpe there are some ideas! gd luck !

[name]Just[/name] because [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Richie[/name] has named her little girl [name]Harlow[/name] it doesn’t mean you can’t just happens to be what you like also! I think its a gr8 choice! well done!

I think [name]Harlow[/name] is a passing fad.

Have you considered [name]Alexia[/name]?

Thank you all for your responses but I will no longer be needing any opinions on this name…I have found out that I am actually expecting a boy, after all this time thinking it was a girl.

However you can comment on my other post in the boys names section…it is titled Now that “she” turned out to be a “he”, I need a new name.

Thanks again.

[name]Jean[/name] [name]Harlow[/name] was a silent film actress but when I hear this name the word ‘harlot’ comes to mind and that would put it off my list.

If you like that sound what about [name]Willow[/name]?

If you want to carry on the [name]Marie[/name] tradition give it a twist and make the mn [name]Belle[/name]-[name]Marie[/name].

[name]Anneliese[/name] is a beautiful name, so feminine and classic. I love it.

[name]Catriona[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Annaliese[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Belle[/name]-[name]Maree[/name]
[name]Anna[/name] [name]Belle[/name]-[name]Maree[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] is beautiful
[name]Maeve[/name] is different and pretty

Above all PLEASE do not misspell the name you choose eg [name]Michaela[/name] butchered to [name]Makayla[/name].

PS [name]Just[/name] read that you are expecting a boy, but you can put these names on a list for future reference, but do remember that the traditional spelling of a name is always the best one.