India?

Usable as a middle or not? Think anyone’d really be bothered by it? i have two combos with [name]India[/name] as a middle and I love them like crazy, but am I nuts?
Here’re the combos, you tell me:
[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] (My #1 right now)
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Maud[/name] (my #4 right now)
And while I’m at it, Would anyone want to review the [name]Clementine[/name] combo? She’s pretty new.

So, what do you think?

Thanks!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lola[/name],

First of all, I’m so happy to see [name]Maud[/name] again! I’m not bothered by [name]India[/name], and if it doesn’t bother you, that’s all that matters! For me, [name]India[/name] doesn’t “fit” with [name]Maud[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] (they’re classic for me, while [name]India[/name] is totally exotica), but it does flow very nicely.

I definitely prefer the flow of [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] over [name]Clementine[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Maud[/name] (the repetitive “n” sounds in [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]India[/name] don’t work for me, and don’t “go” together). For me, there’s no comparison between the combinations.

That said, I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Clementine[/name], and it goes so nicely with [name]Josephine[/name]. ([name]Maud[/name]'s still my pick, though.) What about [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Maud[/name]? [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Maud[/name]?

[name]India[/name] is totally useable as a middle name, but for me, just not with Clemetine.

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Maud[/name]

Well, normally I don’t like [name]India[/name]. Depending on the parents, it sounds to me either like Yuppie, try-too-hard, wannabe exotic OR kinda trashy. However, I do think it works with more down-to-earth names, they kind of balance it out for me. I think [name]Maud[/name] really provides that balance in these combos, so [name]India[/name] doesn’t bother me here. I’m wondering why you’re worried that it’ll bother people, though… doesn’t seem like you like it all that much.

I love the [name]Clementine[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Maud[/name] combo, much more than [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], actually. That’s probably because I like longer names first. Overall, I think both combinations are good, but I don’t love either of them nearly as much as some of your others!

[name]Love[/name] [name]India[/name]. Looooooooooove it, have for ages and ages. I think it’s interesting how the name elicits such different reactions from people; for me, it’s a very sweet, old-fashioned name, a la [name]India[/name] [name]Wilkes[/name] in Gone With the Wind and [name]Joanne[/name] Woodward’s character in Mr. and Mrs. [name]Bridge[/name].

I love [name]Clementine[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Maud[/name]. I love the nn [name]Cleo[/name], I love how grounded [name]Maud[/name] makes [name]India[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] in this combo. And I love [name]Clementine[/name] with [name]Josephine[/name].

It’s one of my new favorites of your combos!!

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] (My #1 right now)so pretty!
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Maud[/name] (my #4 right now)tangerine and [name]India[/name] together! [name]Lovely[/name]!

[name]India[/name] is so pretty!
My fave is [name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name].
But I want to play around with [name]India[/name]. [name]Hope[/name] you don’t mind!
[name]India[/name] [name]Saffron[/name] [name]Maud[/name]-I can smell the beautiful spices
[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Jacaranda[/name]-love this, but a lot of “d” sounds
[name]India[/name] [name]Primrose[/name] [name]Jane[/name]-Brits Abroad
Now I want to play around with [name]Clementine[/name]!
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Caruso[/name] Swirl a merry-go-round!
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] [name]Maud[/name]-reminds me of a garden
[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Maud[/name] [name]Theodosia[/name]-definitely from the South
Okay, [name]Maud[/name]'s turn:
[name]Maud[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]-swirly and beautiful flowers
[name]Maud[/name] [name]Amandine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]-I think this is my favorite!
[name]Maud[/name] [name]Frederica[/name] [name]Lunette[/name]-little moon!

Now I will make up my own super long name:
[name]Annika[/name] [name]Iris[/name] [name]Fern[/name] [name]Chesney[/name]- I don’t know how pretty this is, but these are some of my very favorite names all together. I love [name]Fern[/name] because it sounds a lot like my maiden name.

I never thought I would meet so many name nuts as all you posters. It’s heavenly! We are like those people in “Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind” who are making mountains with their forks out of mashed potatoes.

[name]Susan[/name], I wish you lived down the street from me! :smiley: You’re awesome!

Thanks, [name]Maud[/name] is easily My #1 combo at the moment, I just love her evocative feel. And I absolutely love [name]Maud[/name]! [name]Maud[/name] [name]Amandine[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] is quite lovely, Funnily enough, I had a combo with [name]Amandine[/name] in it a good while ago: [name]Vashti[/name] [name]Amandine[/name] [name]Faye[/name]. She’s too exotic for me, but oh so pretty!

Thank you all! [name]Clementine[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Maud[/name] is mow my #2 combo (although [name]Maud[/name] & [name]Clementine[/name] flip occasaionally.

No, I really do like [name]India[/name]. it’s her colonial ties that make me wary of her up front. But some people object to [name]India[/name] on principle. Not me, I just wanted a larger than my blog sample of opinions is all. :slight_smile:

Again, thanks to all of you!

[name]Maud[/name] [name]India[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is a fabulous combination. I like [name]India[/name] in the middle for sure. I agree the flow with the [name]Clementine[/name] combo is not as right. But I do like [name]Clementine[/name] as well.

[name]Lola[/name], this has nothing to do with [name]India[/name], but I was wondering if you read the guest blog I wrote for today’s Nameberry blog on National [name]Park[/name] names. I’d love to hear what you think! And what other posters think, too. And what do you think of the name [name]Acadia[/name]? I love it so much.

[name]Susan[/name], I for one absolutely loved your blog! You are really talented and seem like such a neat, wonderful, classy lady. Congrats on the great blog, and I would love to read more from you! (no offense to [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name], you guys are amazing too!)

I did read it in passing this morning, I’m not much for place names myself, unless the place name was a people name first : [name]Carolina[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Virginia[/name] come to mind immediately. But [name]Acadia[/name]? that’s got a neat sound. It makes me think of Cajuns and thier sad tale. So I probably wouldn’t use it, since I have Cajun relatives and do feel a connection to the culture. [name]Acadia[/name]'s one I probably wouldn’t mind at all in the middle spot, though. Would it be for a girl?

[name]Susan[/name], I for one absolutely loved your blog! You are really talented and seem like such a neat, wonderful, classy lady. Congrats on the great blog, and I would love to read more from you! (no offense to [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name], you guys are amazing too!)[/quote]

Thanks so much, [name]Vivian[/name]! I love to read your posts as well. I would love for [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] to let us all guest blog sometimes. Maybe there could be a special spot for User Blogs just like we can make our own User Lists. I’m getting to know all you guys really well even though many of you are from far away places. So I love to hear your stories.

[name]Acadia[/name] would be for a girl. But what I was really fascinated by when I did research for my blog was all the mountains, lakes, rivers, trails, and even a cabin in Great Smokey Mountains that had the most interesting vintage names that you would love. Many National [name]Parks[/name] were created in the last eighty years according to my husband. So the names of places in the parks are from back then or from an even earlier time. I did not include all the names I found in the parks in my blog because it was getting way too long. We just included the very best ones. I thought I had gone through all the maps in our National [name]Park[/name] book and had found every possible interesting name. Then my 86-year-old mother came over. I told her what I was doing and she spent an hour carefully studying the maps. She found some of the best names of places in the park and got a great deal of satisfaction out of her task.

I know you are fascinated by New Orleans. When we lived in [name]Colorado[/name] for two years, I got to know a family that got stuck in Hurricane [name]Katrina[/name] and ended up in the Superdome. They were brought to [name]Colorado[/name] Springs and first a lady in the city let them live with her. Then a church near me paid for them to live in nearby apartments. I used to go visit them a lot and my neighbor and I had kitchen showers for them. They had really interesting names-[name]Anastasia[/name], ReJene ([name]Ray[/name]-zhen-ay, age 11 at the time), [name]Trey[/name] (age 5 at the time), and [name]Dion[/name]. [name]Dion[/name] was my favorite. She was hysterically funny. I used to take her to a New Orleans-stye restaurant sometimes on Sundays. It wasn’t [name]Mimi[/name]'s. She used very profane language when she talked about [name]Mimi[/name]'s.

Very cool. [name]Lucky[/name] you, having Mom around still! :slight_smile: We had a few families from [name]Katrina[/name] around here too. Downtown in the apartments on Main [name]St[/name]. (yeah, we’re real original here, Main [name]St[/name]. Bah!) Three families. Great names there too. [name]Leon[/name], [name]Marisa[/name], [name]Francine[/name], [name]Tomas[/name], [name]George[/name], [name]Therese[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Etienne[/name], [name]Polly[/name] and now I’m forgetting some.

Those New Orleans names are beautiful. I especially love [name]Francine[/name] and [name]Tomas[/name]. The names of our little city’s main streets are Fair [name]Oaks[/name], Monterey, Mission, and [name]Fremont[/name]. I am going to make a User List of my favorite street names in my little city. I heard that [name]Boston[/name] has a street named Milk and a street named Pump. Those are interesting names, too. But wouldn’t be good for a baby! That sounds like a baby that would breastfeed a lot.

Indeed! I’d love to see some of them. I’m not in [name]Boston[/name], just near enough to get there in under an hour. I grew up in Woodbridge, NJ, where the developments all have themes. The one I grew up in was all English place names. My best frend grew up ina tree named development. It was weird growing up. If you google all the street names together, you only get my town. Odd, for sure.

If you look up [name]Bonita[/name], scroll down and you will find User List South Pasadena Names. Maybe some of these names will inspire you. I love [name]Magnolia[/name] and [name]Columbia[/name].