Indigo for a boy?

Thinking about this as a possible middle name. Any thoughts?

I think it’s gorgeous and has a great flow. Middle name for what, may I ask?

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Indigo[/name]! Yes, very curious which first do you like with it?

Friends have a little boy named [name]Indigo[/name], he usually goes by [name]Indi[/name] though. I think it’s a cute name but prefer it for a girl. Although, having said that- teamed with the right first name it would be a great boys middle name.

:slight_smile:

Think it could work really well as a middle – for me personally, it would be a bit too much as a first name, but the middle name spot allows for more flamboyance. I especially like the idea of a more traditional first with [name]Indigo[/name] as the middle. Plus, the three syllables would sound great after any first.

In its genre it is one of the better ones but it is not my cup of tea, and it is one of those names that feels like a girls name.

To me its a girls name as I know a little girl named [name]Indigo[/name].

I see [name]Indigo[/name] as a little girls name and [name]Indio[/name] as the boys version. [name]Robert[/name] Downey jnr has a son named [name]Indio[/name] and I’ve always thought it was very cool.

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m thinking of [name]Felix[/name] [name]Indigo[/name]. Also considering the more traditional [name]Felix[/name] [name]James[/name], but part of me wants to give him something a bit quirky. Funnily enough, I toyed with [name]Indigo[/name] for my daughter, but settled on a name that I thought would make it easier for her to be taken seriously (should she want to be!). Boys on the other hand…well, there seems to be a lot less experimentation with names and I want something a little different.

I like [name]Indio[/name], but [name]Indigo[/name] is also a colour that I love. 3 and a bit weeks to go! Husband refusing to discuss names anymore until the baby arrives. Sigh.

kaa we will discuss names with you till the cows come home. Keep running your latest love by us, get our feedback, make up a final list and then take the list to the hospital.

That way you will have someone (all the nameberries) to discuss with and DH won’t have to think about it till baby arrives. I am sure that there will be a name on the list that he likes and as you already like all the names on the list there will be no problem naming your baby.

Thanks rollo!