Inés... Yay o nah?

Hello, I want to clarify from the beginning that I am not pregnant but being the namenerd that I am I can not stop thinking about this. I’ve been with my partner for a year and recently we started talking about baby names. I have endometriosis so I do not know if I’m going to be able to get pregnant. I always said that if I have a daughter her name would be [name_f]Serafina[/name_f] nn “[name_f]Nina[/name_f]” but my boyfriend loves [name_f]Maria[/name_f] Inés. I do not care about [name_f]Maria[/name_f] but I’m in love with [name_f]Ines[/name_f], do you think it’s very simple? I want my children to have a single name. What do you think of [name_f]Ines[/name_f]? I’m from South [name_u]America[/name_u] so the pronunciation of [name_f]Ines[/name_f] is in Spanish, I do not know how to explain it phonetically. My boyfriend last name is short too, two syllables. If you had sons, their names would be [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] or [name_m]Horacio[/name_m].

I like both [name_f]Serafina[/name_f] and [name_f]Ines[/name_f], and [name_f]Nina[/name_f] works as a nn for either one. I don’t think [name_f]Ines[/name_f] is overly simple. I wonder if [name_f]Ines[/name_f] would work as a nn for [name_f]Serafina[/name_f]?

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] is a fine name but not my style. I prefer seraphina

I love [name_f]Ines[/name_f] and think it’s beautiful. The only reason we’ve discarded it for our next child is because pronunciation is too ambiguous in the UK and we think we’d be telling people how to say it all the time. But I do love [name_f]Nina[/name_f] as well - [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is probably longer and more feminine than my personal taste but a lovely name, especially with [name_f]Nina[/name_f] for short.

[name_f]Ines[/name_f] is absolutely gorgeous! It is my favorite and I agree you could use [name_f]Nina[/name_f] as a nn.

I don’t like it but there is nothing wrong with it.

This is the name of [name_u]Blake[/name_u] Lively’s daughter.

I wouldn’t know how to say it.I can’t help think that this would be annoying overtime to always have to classify your name. It’s annoying enough with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and the spelling (everyone think it’s [name_f]Pheobe[/name_f]).

The pronunciation is not a problem because [name_f]Ines[/name_f] is a Spanish name and in my country we speak Spanish. ee - n eh s would be the pronunciation for those who speak English. I had never thought of [name_f]Nina[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Ines[/name_f] but I think it works. If you have any suggestion of names in Spanish short and old I would like to read them

I love Inés, it’s really simple but powerful and fun to say. I agree that [name_f]Nina[/name_f] could totally work as a nickname for Inés, too.

My favorite short, Spanish girl name is Maite/Mayte, but I know it’s considered an old lady name in some places and too trendy in others. Other ideas that feel like Inés: (be warned, I know nothing about what’s popular now in most países hispanohablantes) [name_f]Bel[/name_f]én, [name_f]Irene[/name_f], [name_f]Luisa[/name_f], [name_f]Luz[/name_f], [name_f]Nieves[/name_f]