Ingram?

I like this name a lot, and the nn [name]Ingo[/name]. Not sure why. Met an [name]Ingo[/name] around age 20, he was a great guy, maybe that’s part of it? Saw [name]Ingram[/name] literally on the bulletin board of a kindergarten I visited years ago for work, a few years after meeting [name]Ingo[/name], it immediately stuck with me. It’s Norse, which is part of the family background. But…is it too out there? Thanks!

All I think of is [name]Mark[/name] [name]Ingram[/name]…maybe it’s just cause I live in New Orleans.

It doesn’t really look like a name to me… I don’t know, I can’t really explain, but I don’t like it.

As much as I like surnames as first names on boys, I can’t say that I’m a fan of [name]Ingram[/name]. It’s just doesn’t sound like a first name at all.

It seems more like a surname to me, but I guess it could fit in with that trend. [name]Ingo[/name] would be a cute NN for it but I think [name]Gram[/name] could be nice with it too :slight_smile:

[name]Ingram[/name] doesn’t seem like a first name to me either. What about [name]Ingrid[/name] instead?

Good to get the feedback! It really is less familiar than a lot of surname names, and doesn’t end in -er or -ton, all those things. Maybe that’s the challenge. I think [name]Gram[/name] would be a good nn too and I do like [name]Graham[/name] as a name. Maybe that’s what to consider more.

I do like [name]Ingrid[/name], but, [name]Ingram[/name] would be for a boy, [name]Ingrid[/name] a girl, so different considerations. Also, as similar as they are, [name]Ingram[/name] manages to sound much better with what would be baby’s last name than [name]Ingrid[/name] does.

Thanks again!

I love [name]Ingram[/name] and an thinking about using it if the bean in my belly turns out to be a boy. Go for it!

Looooooove it!

My ex bf’s last name is [name]Ingram[/name], so this concept is very strange to me. Consider [name]Ingrid[/name], [name]Graham[/name] or [name]Bram[/name]/[name]Abram[/name] instead.

I think [name]Ingram[/name] is a nice, uncommon name. I would love to meet a little [name]Ingram[/name]! I definitely don’t think it is too ‘out there,’ especially since he could always go by [name]Gram[/name]/[name]Graham[/name] if he wanted to blend in a bit more. As a side note, I’ve never heard [name]Ingrid[/name] as a boys name! I would definitely only use it on a girl!!

[name]Ingram[/name] would work as a boy’s name. (My only concern with it is the [name]Fox[/name] News commentator [name]Laura[/name] [name]Ingram[/name]. That was my first connection when I read it.) If I put her out of my head, I like of like it.

Also, I like the suggestions of [name]Graham[/name] and [name]Bram[/name]. If you like [name]Graham[/name], you could always consider the Scottish spelling of it, [name]Graeme[/name].