Initial Dilemma?

We are only about halfway through this pregnancy so not too rushed but I’d like to lock down a girls name for our Team [name_u]Green[/name_u] baby. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner agreed to one of my names today and I was surprised that it was one of my slightly more outlandish choices for a middle. I love the name but then I realized initials would be RIM and while that seems harmless, my mind went to some less savory places. Would that stop you from using it? The name is [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Io[/name_f], and [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] is more or less set in stone. Any other suggestions? Boy name is [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] and our existing children are Cléa [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] and [name_u]Atlas[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u].

2 Likes

I didn’t think much of it when I was looking at it. But if it really stresses you out to have that set of initials, you my look into [name_f]Eyo[/name_f], which gives you the same pronunciation and meaning without the stressful initial sequence. REM wouldn’t give into the same thought process as RIM.

3 Likes

I thought of the [name_f]Eyo[/name_f] variation as well, that would solve the problem.

Some other ideas that come to mind, also mythology/Greek inspired:

• Circe
  • Echo
  • Nyx
  • Sybil / [name_f]Sibyl[/name_f]
  • Thais

Not sure any of these are your style, but hope this helped!

3 Likes

Yeah, I also don’t know what you’re referring to. I think those initials are completely fine.

I think it’s fine :slight_smile:

But if you’re worried, how about

Ramona [name_f]Eilonwy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Lux[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Sarai[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Hero[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]

1 Like

Most people won’t know/think about her initials, but if the connotations bother you, previous posters have made some great suggestions for alternatives.

2 Likes

I think it’s fine — I do know what you’re referring to (at least I think so!) but only when asked. Otherwise RIM seems like a pretty harmless word.

I don’t know what’s wrong with RIM

My initials spell an actual curse word. I think RIM honestly doesn’t matter.

Some people will definitely know. I do think [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Io[/name_f] is lovely, and I love the names of your other children! but if you want to be sure it doesn’t spell out something some might find odd then of course you might want to choose something else. I think you’ve already been given some lovely suggestions.

Other suggestions, but inspired by moons of [name_m]Jupiter[/name_m]:

Ramona [name_f]Callisto[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Thebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Dia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] Pasiphae
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] (I also like [name_f]Evadne[/name_f])
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Elara[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Leda[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] Pandia
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Eirene[/name_f] (in a way this is similar to the [name_f]Eyo[/name_f] suggestion)

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, quite a few of them are actually on our current list. It seems like the [name_f]Eyo[/name_f] spelling would eliminate the issue but alas, it just doesn’t have the same appeal for me.
I am relieved that a lot of people don’t make the connection, and those that do don’t find it overly problematic. I’m still very open to more suggestions so definitely keep them coming please!

I see what’s you’re suggesting. Hmmm. I’m not sure what I would do in that situation. I wouldn’t be thrilled with those initials either.

There’s the variant of: Remona [name_u]Ayo[/name_u] M…
Initials would be RAM.

I wouldn’t use it.

I do know what you’re talking about but I honestly don’t think it would be a big deal. When she’s younger, no one will know, and when she’s older, she can always do a different style monogram so it’s RMI instead if it bothers her. [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Io[/name_f] is stunning!

1 Like

I understand what you’re saying but my mind wouldn’t really go there first up tbh. [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Io[/name_f] is beautiful.

I do know what your referring to but I don’t think it will be an issue except possibly with your child. [name_f]My[/name_f] niece has initials that refer to a business and it has long bothered her.

I think [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] is beautiful and perfect!

middle ideas:
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Penny[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_u]Story[/name_u]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Star[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]

Good luck!

1 Like

I don’t think it’s an issue at all, and wouldn’t think twice to see that written down as someone’s initials. Or put two-and-two together on seeing [name_f]Ramona[/name_f] [name_f]Io[/name_f] M_____ written out. Going by all of the responses above, I don’t think most people would make that sort of connection.

But if that’s what you are going to see every time you read or write her initials, then you should probably go with an alternate spelling, or a different name all together.

2 Likes