Initial Reactions

What thoughts/images/connotations do you associate with the name Claire?

Please vote, and comment with the characteristics that you associate with the name.

Is she mostly…?

• Confident, Well-Spoken
  • Witty, Clever
  • Daring, Courageous
  • Sweet, Kind
  • Shy, Demure
  • Talkative, Outgoing
  • Silly, Goofy
  • Serious, Pensive, Observant
  • Bubbly, Shallow
  • Adventurous, Bit of a Daredevil

0 voters

I associate the name [name_f]Claire[/name_f] with a sophisticated lady , I think it has to do with how fancy I think the name is! I think they have a “older sister” name vibe

2 Likes

I’ve known about 6 Claires and 4 of those were in my year at school. Quite a few girls had it as a middle too and I was either going to be called [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f] until I was born and my mum changed her mind and went worh something different and equally plain :wink: To be completely honest I just see it as an ordinary, common name, undoubtedly because I know so many and none of them really stand out to me (personality wise) other than one who was a friend of mine during our whole school lives and she was pretty bubbly, confident and was very mature for her age. So I suppose my opinion of it is that it’s quite nice, quite plain, goes well as a middle and it’s quite a mature name. Sensible.
I do think it transforms into something more classy when paired with the right name.
[name_f]Annora[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Jordanna[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Marianne[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

I met someone called [name_f]Andraya[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] once, which I thought sounded beautiful.

I imagine [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as a slim, white girl with a black ponytail of about 5’6" who goes to a Catholic school. She’s near the top of her class, on the debate team, always maintains a type of graceful femininity even when arguing, she’s friendly but not afraid to point out when others are incorrect.

1 Like

I have a variety of associations with the name [name_f]Claire[/name_f], but overall I think of someone kind, sensible, and intelligent.

I think of the sweetness of [name_f]Claire[/name_f] Danes, and the sophistication of the older sister [name_f]Claire[/name_f] in Fleabag. But then the Claires I know in real life have both been brash! Part of what I like about [name_f]Claire[/name_f] is that she’s very versatile and would suit many women, but she’s not as plain as [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Katherine[/name_f], [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], etc.

1 Like

For me, [name_f]Claire[/name_f] above all is very sweet/kind and happy, but she’s also very musical/artistic (which I wish had been an option!), intelligent/loves to read, but also friendly. But she also loves a good afternoon in a hammock with nothing to disturb her and just a really good book and the sound of songbirds to keep her company. :heart: I see her as a bit of a dreamer, but realistic in how she approaches life…

1 Like

Super sweet :heart:

this is my middle name (well spelled [name_u]Clare[/name_u]) and i often wish it were my first name!

1 Like