Initials and flow with long last names

[name]Hi[/name]. We have a last name with 5 syllables, I never thought of it before.
you say it Fah-zuh-lin-ee-uh

I’m starting to really like the name [name]Maya[/name] lately… but then the initials would be M.F. which I’m afraid will remind people of a bad word. I’m trying to think of other names that could have good positive initials like some people are lucky and
can get the initials to spell something like “[name]ACE[/name]” or “[name]LAW[/name]” can anyone think of any 3 letter words that even end in f? Maybe none do… oh well.

what kind of syllables should the first and middle names have for it to flow well with a surname with 5 syllables?
any advice helpful thanks :slight_smile:

Hmm…I wouldn’t worry about MF that much. Think of [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Freeman[/name], and I’m sure there are others. Makes me think of [name]Monday[/name]/Friday, too. Let’s see.

BFF - best friends forever, kinda cute, but maybe silly?
DEF - like definitely, or deaf, kind neutral?
EFF - spelling of ‘f’, probably unfortunate in some ways
IFF - logical language for if and only if
OFF - not good, maybe not awful
TUF - like tough, kind of cool

There really aren’t many, because when f is the last sound in a short word, the vowel is usually short, and English requires two f’s (like cuff, muff - although humm, there aren’t tons of these either).

With a 5 syllable last name, I think you have lots of freedom, but 3-2-5, 3-1-5, 2-1-5, 2-3-5 1-2-5, 1-3-5 all sound especially good to me.

Good luck!

:slight_smile: thanks!