Initials? Do you care what they spell?

I’ve decided I really love the name [name]Reese[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]. My problem is our last name starts with a G- so her initials would be RAG. It’s enough to put me off of the name, but she will get married one day. Should I care?
Also, what to do like better- [name]Reese[/name] or [name]Reece[/name]?

It would not bother me - My cousin was ‘NAG’ all her life… mind you she is living up to it! :slight_smile: x

[name]Hi[/name] there!

I think the initials are fine and wouldn’t worry about it too much. I prefer the [name]Reese[/name] spelling but only because in Australia [name]Reece[/name] is a plumbing company!

Good luck.

I think it’s just a matter of individual preference; if it bothers you, pick another name, and if it doesn’t, stick with it. Granted, RAG isn’t the most appealing word, but it may not bother her. On the bright side, it’s not as though your last name begins with an S, and you’re thinking of naming your daughter [name]Audrey[/name] [name]Simone[/name]. :slight_smile:

You could always change [name]Alexandra[/name] to [name]Alexa[/name], using [name]Reese[/name] as a middle.

RAG isn’t too bad really. I grew up with my initials spelling SAD and it never bothered me - getting married didn’t help with that either, now they spell SAG.

If it really truly bothers you, I would change it, otherwise, I don’t find them too bad. A friend of DHs was going to name her DD [name]Saskia[/name] [name]Harlow[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] T— until someone pointed out that that’d just be plain mean!

As for the [name]Reese[/name]/[name]Reece[/name] - I’m with [name]Alexandra[/name] (i think :S). [name]Reece[/name] is a bathroom company in Australia,and seems very masculine, so I’d opt for [name]Reese[/name]. In all truth though, I do prefer [name]Alexandra[/name].

[name]How[/name] about [name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Reese[/name]? [name]Reese[/name] makes me think of the kid from [name]Malcolm[/name] in the middle, [name]Reece[/name] is a bathroom company with weird ads.

I say go for it! I agree that while RAG isn’t the most appealing, its definitley not the worst! :slight_smile:
And I really like [name]Reese[/name]! (for some reason I [name]LOVE[/name] the ‘S’, but the ‘C’ looks very strange to me)

In general I am against initials naming something, but in the end its really about whether it will bother you. There are definite combinations that should never be used like my great grandfathers [name]Francis[/name] [name]Aloisius[/name] G—. [name]Reese[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name] G— can fall on either side. While it is not the greatest word, it is not an inappropriate word either. It is all about your personal preference.

I grew up with the initials ODD and while it was a little rough when my Mother made me wear monogrammed sweaters, it wasn’t so bad :wink: Many people’s initials spell something so I don’t think it’s an issue unless it’s something profane.

RAG is not really a big deal, I don’t think. I know a girl [name]Reece[/name] and a nephew [name]Reece[/name]. It is odd for me because [name]Reece[/name] was one of my ex boyfriend’s last names. (And now it’s my nephew’s name!) I think either one works for a girl!