Initials EEK?

I know for the most part, initials don’t really matter. I am slightly concerned about a combo that DH and I are throwing around that would result in the initials EEK. Would this be horrible for a girl? I realize that should she marry someday, they will change, but I don’t want to give her initials that could pose a problem before that time. Thanks!

Hmm…EEK isn’t “dirty” like A$$ (I know someone with those intials), icky like MUD, or a target for teasing like GAS. Granted, I associate EEK with someone who has seen a mouse, and while it’s not the best association, I can’t see it being a source of teasing or problems.

I know people with nicknames like EAT and [name]CAT[/name], and first and last initials of BS and BM, and from what I know, they weren’t teased and have grown up to be bright, happy adults.

When she gets things monogrammed, the monogram will read EKE, not EEK, and if she’s asked to put her initials on something at school (like a painting or something), she’ll write E.K.

If she were named [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Eve[/name] Kick, I wouldn’t notice the EEK, and if she signed her name [name]Eleanor[/name] E. Kick, I wouldn’t notice it then, either.

I can see why you’re bothered by the initials, and while EEK isn’t the best, I don’t think it’s the same as A$$ in terms of horrible initials.

(You’ve made me curious about the EE names you’ve chosen!)

Take care, [name]Amaryllis[/name]! :slight_smile:

I agree that it does not pose any problem.

I think it is weird. It would turn me off, for sure. What a bummer!

Actually, the reason that I am concerned is that my dad’s initials are, in fact, EAT. He was always rather heavy-set, so his initials bothered him personally, although no one else ever made that connection. I’m less concerned with teasing as I am with my daughter thinking that her initials are odd or some sort of personal insult (ie. why did my parents give me these initials?).

As for the names, we are still pretty set on [name]Annora[/name] at this time, but as we have time before she arrives, we are still playing with names to be sure that we want to stick with [name]Annora[/name]. [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Erin[/name] and [name]Elinor[/name] are all in the mix, and we could end up with any of these three in the first and middle positions, theoretically.

Thanks for the input, everyone!

I love [name]Annora[/name], and using it either up front or in the middle would definitely solve the EEK issue! (Where did [name]Cosette[/name] go? [name]Cosette[/name]… where are you?) :slight_smile:

Have a good night!

[name]Jill[/name] - [name]Cosette[/name] is still my absolute favorite, and I would use this as her first name in a heartbeat, but DH confessed that he doesn’t really like it (at all). I am still holding out for the middle name, but also considering back-up options. I didn’t choose my son’s final name until the day after he was born, so I’m sure a similar situation will arise with my daughter!

Thanks for the continued help!

I think if you can avoid the EEK issue it would be better, and with [name]Annora[/name] on your list, even [name]Annora[/name] [name]Cosette[/name] that would solve the issue.

Thanks, [name]Rollo[/name]! Yes, [name]Annora[/name] E. Kick would solve the issue nicely, but [name]Annora[/name] [name]Cosette[/name] still gives her the initials ACK! I’m not sure if that’s alleviating the EEK problem at all! :slight_smile:

Oops I forgot your last name. [name]Hope[/name] you get the names you want!

I don’t think ACK is a problem, really. I mean, I think EEK is because it is like, “Eek! I just saw a ghost over there,” but ACK is just another set of initials…