Interesting Family Tree Names

Hello!

So my uncle spent 20 years building a massive (485 page) book on our lineage, and today I skimmed the first 203 to pick out some interesting names. There’s a mix of names I would use myself that I just took down so I could remember them for honors in the future, and some that are just… oh boy. [name_m]Just[/name_m] have a look yourself I guess! I’ll reply to this post tomorrow/whenever I go through the other 282 pages if I find more funky names to share with you all! I’ll add that there were pages upon pages of complex, beautiful [name_u]French[/name_u] names that if anyone’s interested I’d compile into another sheet to share!

Excel File
Interesting Family Tree Names.xlsx (9.5 KB)

PDFs
Interesting Family Tree Names - GIRLS.pdf (40.3 KB)
Interesting Family Tree Names - BOYS.pdf (59.5 KB)
Interesting Family Tree Names - GENDER UNCLEAR.pdf (50.1 KB)

5 Likes

Wow, thank you so much for sharing!

Some very interesting names on here. I just had a look at my VERY small tree, and there’s barely anything cool!

Most interesting ones in mine are
[name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_m]Vanya[/name_m] (f)
Julene
Decmius (Okay, this one is a bit unexepcted!)
[name_f]May[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (m) ?!?!?!? Yeah this one caught me off guard

2 Likes

Euphrosine and [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] :heart_eyes: [name_u]Love[/name_u] so many of these.
[name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f] is intriguing.
[name_f]Thankful[/name_f] and [name_f]Pleasant[/name_f]… can see the Puritan feel here.

2 Likes

Oh I love Euphrosine, [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f], and [name_f]Margaretha[/name_f]! I have lots of Margaritas in my family tree!

1 Like

Estelle & [name_f]Margaretha[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

Una [name_f]Verona[/name_f] and [name_f]Cleopatra[/name_f] are so intriguing!

1 Like

This is was so interesting to read! Thank you for sharing!!

The gender unclear names. Wow. I just sat there and stared for a good minute because some of those names (!).

Side note: I actually have a friend who loves the name [name_f]Easter[/name_f]. I don’t know if she means for a character or irl, but regardless. [name_f]Easter[/name_f].

1 Like

Wow! I love [name_m]Vanya[/name_m] and [name_f]Constance[/name_f], and I’m so surprised about [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] as a boy’s name!

Thank you for sharing! I love a lot of these.
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u], [name_f]Eugenia[/name_f], Euphrosine, & [name_f]Margaretha[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh gosh, tell me about it! The worst one to me was Submit as a girl’s name :sob: How could someone do that to their child! But yeah, most of the gender unclear names were just… what is this… I had so many questions and there were zero answers, haha. Oh boy.

1 Like

@ladyforgetful
Yes, Submit too. eek. :flushed:

1 Like

I love this thread! Some interesting names for sure. I have a lineage book lying around somewhere and now I MUST FIND it! I’ve forgotten all about it.

1 Like

Whoa! That would be so cool to see - please do be sure to share if you find it!

Okay so I didn’t find quite the book I was looking for, but I did find a book based on one particular part in the family tree.
Here’s some of the more interesting ones:
[name_m]Robinson[/name_m], [name_m]Ichabod[/name_m], [name_f]Zella[/name_f], [name_f]Mercy[/name_f], [name_f]Rhoda[/name_f], [name_m]Ebenezer[/name_m], [name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_m]Herbert[/name_m], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_f]Thankful[/name_f], Rosilla, [name_f]Persis[/name_f], [name_m]Jonas[/name_m], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Zaida[/name_f].
[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Robinson[/name_m], [name_f]Zella[/name_f], [name_f]Mercy[/name_f], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_m]Silas[/name_m]!
(And of course I did find the more classics as well, ex [name_f]Ruth[/name_f] / [name_m]William[/name_m] etc.)

Also I found what I thought was a name called Submit as well??? It must be a publishing or a data entry thing…:sweat_smile: Like there’s no way we both have a relative called Submit right? Hahaha

1 Like

Wow that would be such a coincidence wouldn’t it! Perhaps it was a more common name than we might assume. I actually love [name_m]Ichabod[/name_m], [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f], [name_f]Zella[/name_f] and [name_m]Silas[/name_m]! I also had relatives named [name_f]Thankful[/name_f] and [name_f]Persis[/name_f] which is really interesting!

1 Like