Ione, Iona, or Fiona

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer?

Respondents: 22 (This poll is closed)

• Ione : 2 (9%)
  • Iona : 6 (27%)
  • Fiona: 14 (64%)

I like all three names in varying degrees but I will rate them as follows.

1. [name_f]Iona[/name_f] – a Scottish island that has a mysterious and mystical vibe. Unusual and mystical choice. You could use the nn of [name_f]Ione[/name_f] if you so choose.

2. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] – a name that combines femininity and spunk

3. [name_f]Ione[/name_f] – some people say this with three syllables and some with two.

I prefer [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] with [name_f]Iona[/name_f] being my second choice.

@[name_u]Mischa[/name_u] I pronounce it with three, ee-own-ee which I think is much prettier and I would use the nn [name_f]Io[/name_f] for any of them. Thank you!

I like [name_f]Iona[/name_f] or [name_f]Ione[/name_f] much more than the name [name_f]Fiona[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Iona[/name_f], which I think is the best way to clearly get the pronunciation you want, which is the best one, I think! I voted for [name_f]Iona[/name_f] because I think it’s so distinctive and [name_f]Io[/name_f] is adorable. (Although the mythological reference immediately came to mind and it’s a little unfortunate, but maybe people won’t think of that?)