Iris (poll)

Although I prefer [name_f]Jane[/name_f] to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is too short written out (both are four letters long) and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] J0yce doesn’t sound very good. I voted for [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] because (1)it flows better as a combo (2) it sounds better with your surname and (3) it certainly looks much better on the page.

I like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] better than [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] but I agree that [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Joyce[/name_u] doesn’t flow well. I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_u]Joyce[/name_u] is also a bit tough to say…

It really is, but we decided we love [name_f]Iris[/name_f] enough to make it work. If our ln was O’[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] or something, it probably would’ve been a dealbreaker. :slight_smile:

I voted for [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]. Although I know some little [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] s, I also know some my age and older. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is quite popular right now, but I find it to be a classic. It’s been in the top 500 for the last 200 years (except for a few years in the late 60s/early 70s where it was around 520). It flows well and I love the possibility of the occasional [name_f]Olive[/name_f] or [name_f]Olli[/name_f].

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] is a very pretty name. That’s my choice from your list. All the best :slight_smile:

Thoughts on [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]? I love it, but here’s the catch: we had a cat named [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] for 3 years, who passed away about a year ago. I’m trying to decide if it would bother me. I love that the flow of the name is similar to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], but less common.

I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is adorable! I still like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] better, I think (it’s just so sweet and cuddly! But also has the ability to grow), but [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] I easily like better than [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], especially with your surname. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] J0yce is nice!

I like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] about equally. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are beautiful!

What about [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]? Similar feel to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. Or what about just [name_f]Livia[/name_f]?

I agree that [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] has a similar feel, I’m just not a fan. It comes across as very Biblical to me, for some reason. [name_f]Livia[/name_f] is okay, but sounds a bit incomplete.

I like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] the two-three-one flow is much nicer then the two-one-one but either isn’t bad the [name_f]Jane[/name_f] J0yce thing is what would make me choose [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

I voted [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] but
iris [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is super cute! [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is beautiful as well but the s and f kind of flow together when I say it…
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] is also very pretty:)
Tough choices! Good luck!

I can’t get on-board with the two middle names thing. Nothing against it if it works for you, but I already feel like a middle name isn’t super useful, so two just seems excessive.