Iris vs. Dagny?

Our daughter goes to music class with a little girl named [name]Dagny[/name], I think it’s cute and unique and we are still struggling with last minute doubts about our baby girl name choice as I am due on [name]Wednesday[/name] with our second girl.

Our name choice has been [name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] but wdyt of [name]Dagny[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]?

Does it have the same sentiment as [name]Nina[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]?

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]! [name]Dagny[/name] is nice, but I much prefer [name]Iris[/name]… Also, I think that [name]Iris[/name] fits better with [name]Nina[/name]-- both are four letters, two syllables, and closer in popularity, whereas [name]Dagny[/name] is five letters (but also two syllables), and much more uncommon than [name]Nina[/name]…

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Definitely [name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] it is beautiful and goes really well with [name]Nina[/name] [name]Victoria[/name].

I much prefer [name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]! [name]Nina[/name] is very feminine, which is an aspect I feel [name]Iris[/name] definitely has as well, while [name]Dagny[/name] doesn’t feel as simple and sweet. I’ve also always found [name]Dagny[/name] to be rather consonant-heavy.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Iris[/name], definitely [name]Iris[/name]! [name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is beautiful; I also like [name]Iris[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]. [name]Dagny[/name] is cute and spunky, but it seems yuppie and like it is trying too hard. I can’t see [name]Dagny[/name] as anything but a little kid, but [name]Iris[/name] is a name for all ages and one of my personal favorites.

I would have to say [name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. Not that I do not like [name]Dagny[/name] though!

Definitely [name]Iris[/name] with [name]Nina[/name]!

I would stick with [name]Iris[/name]. It is feminine, strong, and distinctive and goes well with [name]Nina[/name]. [name]Dagny[/name] is a little harsh imo.

I love [name]Iris[/name]!! Oh, please don’t use [name]Dagny[/name]. [name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is gorgeous and VASTLY better!!

[name]Iris[/name] does go along alot better with [name]Nina[/name]. I do like [name]Dagny[/name] though, because I love the meaning of the name!

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is a lovely combo. I think that [name]Dagny[/name] could be teased but a similar name is [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is lovely too.

Or sisters

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

If you name your child [name]Dagny[/name], people will think you are an avid [name]Ayn[/name] [name]Rand[/name] follower. If you are, that’s fine. If not, go for [name]Iris[/name].

If you name your child [name]Dagny[/name], people will think you are an avid [name]Ayn[/name] [name]Rand[/name] follower. If you are, that’s fine. If not, go for [name]Iris[/name].

I just want to echo vim876 and say that [name]Dagny[/name] brings to mind [name]Atlas[/name] Shrugged, which seems like such a heavy load to put on a little girl. On its own I really like [name]Dagny[/name] (for some reason it reminds me of a swan), but I don’t particularly care for the most obvious association.

I love [name]Iris[/name]: so romantic and lovely, and it goes so well with [name]Nina[/name].

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I love [name]Iris[/name] so much, especially with [name]Nina[/name]! It’s short, pretty, four letters (two consonants, two vowels!) and simple. [name]Dagny[/name], while a name that I do like a lot, is a bit heavier, less feminine and not as visually appealing (for OCD people like me!) with [name]Nina[/name]. I would definitely go with [name]Iris[/name] [name]Caroline[/name].

[name]Iris[/name] gets my vote…very pretty with [name]Nina[/name]…they compliment each other nicely (:

I like them both. I’ve heard [name]Iris[/name] around the playgrounds a few times though. [name]Dagny[/name] is unique, cute and spunky. I also have an elderly [name]Dagny[/name] in my family, so I can see the appeal of it for a little girl as well as into adulthood. [name]Iris[/name] is nice too, but I have to go against the trend here and say my vote would be for [name]Dagny[/name]. [name]Love[/name] the meaning too!

[name]Iris[/name] gets my vote. It’s beautiful, definitely one of my favourite names :slight_smile:

No offence but I personally think [name]Dagny[/name] sounds horrible. It sounds like an old man’s nick name and also reminds me of “daggy” an Australian term basically meaning unfashionable or lame.

[name]Iris[/name] is nice and feminine like [name]Nina[/name], [name]Dagny[/name] is more ambiguous… although I do like the originality of it - what about [name]Dabny[/name]/[name]Dabney[/name]? More feminine, still original/unusual…

[name]Dabney[/name] actually sounds more masculine to me…reminds me of [name]Dabney[/name] [name]Coleman[/name].

See, now, I’ve always thought of [name]Dagny[/name] as feminine, but maybe it’s a Scandinavian thing. My grandmother was Danish and it’s a fairly recognizable girl’s name in the Danish community. I’ve never heard of it used on a boy.